Mustang Travel Answers

change location

Information

by hasse12 Online Now Aug 7, 2009 at 1:12 AM

I am planning to take my family, 8 persons 18 - 56 years to Mustang in April next year. Our preference is trekking/culture 50/50. I would like some good advise from people who has been there. 2 things in perticular:
1. What is the weather like in April? - planned arrival around the 10th.
2. Advise on good and trustworthy local travel agents who can arrange the trip. Preferably from Katmandu i.e including the domistic flight.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hasse Staunstrup

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ricky52's Profile Photo

Re: Information

by ricky52 Online Now Aug 7, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Due to extreme climatic changes the World is experiencing at the moment, trying to predict the weather can be difficult because of local, on the day variations.
    Most places now are seeing weather conditions well outside the norm.
    The information below should be used as a guide only.

Here is the average weather for Kathmandu for this time of year.
    Enjoy your holiday.

April.
    High 81f / 27c
    Low 52f / 11c
    Rain 3.00in / 75.0mm
    Rain days 3
    Hours of sun 9
    Daylight hours 13
    UV level 11 = Extreme
    Humidity = Low

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Information

by hasse12 Online Now Aug 7, 2009 at 9:21 AM

Thank you Ricky52. Very usefull for my planning. For some reason, I could not find anything surfing on the net.
    Hasse

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo

Re: Information

by into-thin-air Online Now Aug 7, 2009 at 11:00 AM

Hi Hasse
    I trekked Upper Mustang in April Last year – Overall the weather was Good – One bad morning when it has snowed overnight at Ghami, but it soon cleared and by the time we crossed the first “La” of the day the sun had come out once more.
    We camped about 50% of the time and stayed in rooms where available the other 50% of the time and it was warm enough so we didn’t suffer whilst camping.
    You don’t say in your post whether it is Upper or Lower Mustang that you intend trekking in – It is Upper Mustang that is the expensive one of the two, you need a trekking Permit to go past Kagbeni and this costs500 per person for 10 days (It was700 last year when I did the trek !!)
    The support team will work out at around1000 per person for the 10 days in Upper Mustang but that will include Everything - (apart from the permit and your transportation to Jomsom) – Guide, Cook, Cooks Boy and Porters, All your Food, Tented Accommodation and your staffs expenses in getting to Kagbeni and returning to Kathmandu.
    The guy that organised my trek was Nirmal at HMA – I have No hesitation in recommending him to organise your own Upper Mustang Trek !! If you want to get in touch with hi then all his contact details are on my Nepal Travelogue entitled “A Very Important Decision”

I hope that helps a little but If you need more info then feel free to drop me another line
    Good Luck and Happy Travels
    Rob

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines