Muscat

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Do i need a transit visa?

by Wnnsritha Online Now Yesterday

I am Thai passport and living in Germany and on my way back from Thailand to Germany.
      I have 14 hour stopover in Muscat Oman airport for 14 hrs.. I was wondering do I need a visa to leave the airport..
      I would be grateful for any help?

more
    • myriam_c's Profile Photo

Is a car essential in Muscat?

by myriam_c Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 1:33 AM

We will be in Muscat for three days at the Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah which, I know, is a little far out from Muscat centre and from the Grand Mosque. We will stay there prior our two weeks self-drive all over Oman but we did not order a car for our days in Muscat. Are taxis easily available? Are there taxi stands at, say, the Grand Mosque, the soukh, LuLu hypermarket, etc.? Or is it better to have your own car? We're not very keen on driving in Muscat ...
      Thanks!

more
    • Do i need a transit visa?

by Wnnsritha Online Now Yesterday

I am Thai passport and living in Germany and on my way back from Thailand to Germany.
      I have 14 hour stopover in Muscat Oman airport for 14 hrs.. I was wondering do I need a visa to leave the airport..

4 Answers Yesterday
    • myriam_c's Profile Photo

Is a car essential in Muscat?

by myriam_c Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 1:33 AM

We will be in Muscat for three days at the Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah which, I know, is a little far out from Muscat centre and from the Grand Mosque. We will stay there prior our two weeks self-drive all over Oman but we did not order a car for our days in Muscat. Are taxis easily available? Are there taxi stands at, say, the Grand Mosque, the soukh, LuLu hypermarket, etc.? Or is it better to have your own car? We're not very keen on driving in Muscat ...
      Thanks!

7 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 9:39 AM
    • Does it make sense to move my child who would be going to Std 11 this summer?

by travellerstan Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 11:15 AM

We may be in Muscat and would like to know if it makes sense to move my child who is now in the 10th Std to continue his 11/12 in Muscat... please advise...

2 Answers Feb 21, 2014 at 1:25 AM
    • TomBoeckx's Profile Photo

Muscat in April

by TomBoeckx Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the Ramada Hotel in Muscat?

I am considering booking there for a business trip in April, but haven't seen any real reviews yet.

I'd also like to hear some tips on how to best get around in the supposed heat in April. I'm VERY fair-skinned and burn easily.

Thanks

Tom

5 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 3:48 PM
    • Left / Storage Luggage at Muscat Airport

by SergeijKalashnikov Online Now Jan 12, 2014 at 1:29 PM

As part of longer trip we are flying from Muscat to Salalah and dont want to take all luggage with us. Any possibilty tostore at the airport available ?
      Shukran

• Transit Visa for Muscat

by bilalnaeem Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM

i am travelling from Malaysia to Muscat and after 48 hours i am travelling to karachi via Oman air.I need a transit visa for Muscat.As i am a Pakistani National can i get transit Visa?Please help me out

2 Answers Dec 16, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    • SPECIAL PLACE TO VISIT

by OPQRS Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 8:43 AM

ANYTHING DIFFERENT THAN DUBAI AND ABUDHABI? Mountain trip whether worth in Jan. 2014?

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • Friday touring in Muscat?

by cl3150 Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 3:53 PM

We will be in Muscat on Friday, January 31, on a cruise stop. We have not been able to find any tours offered on that day because it is a Friday. Do any local agencies offer any tours on that day, and if not, what can one do on their own in Muscat on a Friday?

Carl

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • Fast tracking from arrivals to check in

by Pamdownunder Online Now Oct 17, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I will bearrving in Muscat on an Emirates flight from Dubai airport and have an ongoing flight to Kahsab 2 hours later. I am a little concerned that this may not be enough time given I will need to obtain my visa and then check in with Oman Air. Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get from International arrivals to Domestic check in (ignoring ques of course)? Also any tips on fast tracking my visa (I am a UK citizen and understand that I can only pick it up on arrival)- any advice welcome thanks

4 Answers Oct 18, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    • APARTMENT IN MUSCAT

by SONIA1969 Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Would it be possible to rent an apartment in Muscat for 1 week the end of October / beginning of November

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    • lichinga's Profile Photo

Is it worth a trip?

by lichinga Online Now May 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Yes, I know that almost EVERY place is worth the visit, if you know what to look for.!
      But I should decide whether Oman is worth a trip made on purpose; I do not go with organised tours and I prefer to go around with public transports or hired car to reach diffficult places. Are there enough feasible things to do to justify a 2/3 weeks trip?

6 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 3:05 AM
    • MariaK27's Profile Photo

Muscat Stop Over 10 Hours

by MariaK27 Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Kindly Tell me my stop over 10 hours so oman air give me the transist visa or provide me hotel or another thing.

4 Answers May 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Muscat accomodation that is lisenced

by heidstar Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Shangri la, intercontinental and crown plaza can not guarantee twin rooms! Is there another hotel I can ask, that is lisenced ? After a tour or shopping around we would just like to go to the hotel bar or have a beer pool side!Most hotels I keep searching say not lisenced!

4 Answers Apr 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    • sunsss's Profile Photo

Airport Fare

by sunsss Online Now Jan 25, 2013 at 4:07 AM

I will be traveling to muscat in a week. I would like to know how much does it cost for taxi from the international airport to Al Khuwair?

1 Answer Mar 11, 2013 at 6:30 PM
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

April too hot?

by heidstar Online Now Jan 14, 2013 at 11:16 PM

I have holidays for 4 weeks from April 23rd, We have been wanting to go to Oman for ages, but we honestly need to know is end of April to early May too hot? We are from Queensland, Australia where it's 30 c and above most days at the moment and humidity high anyway.
      I can't change holidays to any other time, this yr anyway!
      Thanks all!

5 Answers Jan 19, 2013 at 6:44 AM
    • chetanamale's Profile Photo

Need Info

by chetanamale Online Now Dec 10, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Hello All,

I would be travelling to Dubai via Muscat.Would be in transit at the airport for two hours.Can anyone suggest good areas to roam around at the airport ?

thanks,
      Chetan.

1 Answer Dec 10, 2012 at 1:09 AM
    • larasaint's Profile Photo

2 days in Muscat

by larasaint Online Now Nov 16, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I'm planing to be in Muscat in February for 2 days. Can someone tell me which is the best area in Muscat to stay? I don't want to stay at the beach, I would prefer to stay somewhere in old town or somewhere close maybe? I saw that the city is very spread out. Any nice but not too expensive accommodation? Thanks for your support folks!

6 Answers Dec 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Long overnight flight stay with 6 yr old

by MacedonianUK Online Now Aug 26, 2012 at 2:02 PM

I am travelling to India in Oct & I found very cheap flights but problem is I have long overlay in both directions.
      On the way in is 16.30 h and on the way back is 21 h wait.
      Problem is I am with little girl od 6 .
      It will be nice to sightsee in Muscat but how safe is for solo woman with little girl ?
      Another thing is I need hotel somewhere close to the airport (or that's included in the price? )
      Sound silly but I couldnt find in the fine print is the hotel included or not...
      I will participated any info & first hand experience on Muscat..
      I am about to book the flights but need info and reassurance.
      Many thanks

14 Answers Aug 29, 2012 at 3:59 PM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

4WD rental in Muscat

by glenn57 Online Now Jan 28, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Can anyone recommend a good car rental agency in Muscat that rents 4WD vehicles ? When I check on-line, the rental agencies I look at don't seem to offer them, but I have heard that renting 4WD in Oman is very common.

2 Answers Jan 29, 2012 at 12:09 AM
    • glenn57's Profile Photo

Day trips to Wadi Bani Awf

by glenn57 Online Now Jan 28, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Are there tour operators in Muscat that run day trips to Wadi Bani Awf ? If so, can anyone give me the names of a couple of them ?

• balramdass's Profile Photo

Muscat day trip from cruise ship

by balramdass Online Now Nov 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM

Hi All

Coming to Muscat from the cruise ship for a day trip. I dont know where the ship docks. Can anyone suggest how to go about from the docks and where we should go for this short trip. I have been there before and remember walking along the sea.Any nice place for a beer?
      Any help would be grateful

Bal

2 Answers Nov 8, 2011 at 2:10 AM
    • driving in Oman

by globetrotter1996 Online Now Nov 5, 2011 at 10:00 PM

We are planning to rent a car in Oman, Do we need 4WD to travel to Nizwa?
      Is it easy to find parking near major tourist attractions?
      Is the parking rules posted on the street in English?
      What is the speed limits? We don't want to get any tickets?
      Where can we buy a good road map of Oman?
      Thanks

6 Answers Dec 25, 2011 at 8:20 AM
    • From Mutrah to old muscat

by globetrotter1966 Online Now Nov 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM

How much does the taxis cost from Mutrah to old Muscat? Would they wait for you for the return trip?
      Thanks

3 Answers Dec 25, 2011 at 8:14 AM
    • shared taxis to nizwa

by globetrotter1966 Online Now Nov 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM

We will get to Muscat around round. Where can we get shared taxis to go to Nizwa? how far is Jabran castle from Nizwa by taxis? Where can we get shared taxis from Nizwa back to Muscat?

7 Answers Dec 22, 2011 at 5:15 AM
    • JohannaKaarina's Profile Photo

Driving / parking in Muscat

by JohannaKaarina Online Now Oct 30, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Hi!

Could you please tell me your opinion, how chaotic is traffic (and parking) in Muscat; is it ok to drive around with a rental car, or is a taxi far better option? And I assume, that navigator is the only option to find your way around? Many thanks in advance!

Johanna

6 Answers Dec 12, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    • Apartment Hotel and What to see

by johnvtdoe Online Now Sep 25, 2011 at 6:50 AM

Hi.. I've been dying to visit Oman and finally got the chance. I have two questions (fairly broad)

1) We are a family of 7 with a 1yo child. Are there any apartment hotels that one would recommend - I hear Delmon and Safeer are great choices?

2) We are there for 5 days and plan to hire a car. Can anyone recommend what to see around the country please? I realise Oman is huge and places like Salalah need another trip - but would appreciate any insights on areas close to Muscat(upto 2-3hrs drive?) Thanks

3 Answers Oct 30, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    • german guide

by deutscher51 Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 7:09 AM

Does anyone know where I could find a tour guide, guiding a daylong tour through muscat in german language

Thanks and regards

1 Answer Sep 20, 2011 at 2:36 PM
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

Two days in muscat

by alisononthego Online Now Feb 5, 2011 at 8:19 AM

We are visiting Muscat for two days on our cruise in March this year and would welcome any information on how to make the most of our time there. There are of course many excursions available from the ship but these can be expensive. Thanks and regards

3 Answers Feb 5, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    • corysharon's Profile Photo

internet cafe

by corysharon Online Now Jan 28, 2011 at 10:19 PM

Does anyone know where I could find a cafe or office that could have a scanner to scan my passport ? on a week day. not far from the cruise ship dock?

8 Answers Jan 29, 2011 at 7:41 AM
    • transiting through Oman airport

by Zuman Online Now Jan 9, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I will be travelling to India from the UK and will be in transit in Oman airport from 8.40 till 14.05. I was wondering whether it is worth doing a two hour taxi tour whilst I am here. Is there anything worth visiting within an hours journey from the airport? Will I even be allowed to do this?

5 Answers Jan 10, 2011 at 11:51 AM