change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• zaffaran's Profile Photo

Accommodation in Auckland

Auckland Mar 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM

Dear VTers, can you recommend me a decent accommodation in Auckland? I mean, we'll be travelling quite on a bugdet so no Hilton , please. A small guesthouse will be perfect. Or maybe local company or trustworthy website offering this type of accommodation. Thank you in advance for your advice.

more
    • Auckland 4 days

Auckland Mar 20, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Hi,

Will be travelling to Auckland for a wedding at Waiuku in April. The following is a rough itinerary. Would appreciate any suggestions and tips:

Arriving Auckland on Wednesday 2pm. Staying in Auckland city.
      Thursday morning, renting a car from the city and leaving for Waiuku for the wedding. Staying over night in Waiuku.
      Friday morning, booked tour at Spellbound caves. Thereafter, driving to Taupo and staying there for the night.
      Saturday morning, drive to Rotorau and Agrodome. Drive back to Auckland and staying the night in Auckland.
      Sunday morning return rental car. Depart Auckland Sunday night - shuttle to airport.

1) How are the road conditions? Will a normal car do or do I need to rent a 4x4?
      2) Driving from Waiuku to Spellbound Caves, is it easy to find?
      3) What is the weather like in April? Is it quite chilly in Waiuku and Taupo?
      4) Any coffee places along the way?
      5) If i have half a day, with no rental car, would you suggest Devonport or Waiheke?

Many thanks!

more