Munnar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to stay

by rohit-rawat Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 4:37 AM

I ant to visit Munnar during april end for 3N/4 days.....Please teel me the locality where i should search for a hotel...from where i can visit all the sighseein gplaces.....with in the range of 2000 to 3000 per day...nd what about local transport in munnat for sightseeing???

1 Answer Mar 18, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • munnar visit

by manjiri1 Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 1:26 AM

we will staying at sterling resorts at chinnakanal village 22 km away from munnar main city,
      1. any cheap transport facility from munnar bus stand to resort?
      2. are there any small restaurants near resort for b/f lunch.dinner.
      3, any nice places to visit near resort?

• Tourist place

by amjawa Online Now Jan 17, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I want to know the places for site seeing and enjoing the trip, so please provide the details of those places in the munnar, it should be in the same route.. so that i can enjoy with my bike

5 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 1:19 AM
    • Munnar Trip for 4 days

by RSagar Online Now Dec 30, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Please suggest the places to visit in 4 days Trip to munnar.

I would be happy if someone suggest me some good hotels/Resorts.. also suggest is it better option to book a package or to plan by myself...

I am planning to visit in Feb 1st week and my preference is a over nyt stay in boat house :) .

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 12:18 AM
    • how to book or find a bus from Cochin or Ernakulam to Munnar?

by abdel130284 Online Now Dec 20, 2013 at 11:59 PM

hi everyone
      we are landing in cochin airport and will stay 2 nights in Ernakulam. we would like to know where we can find a bus in Cochin or Ernakulam that goes to Munnar. are there anywebsites in which we can make online bookings?

thanks a lot.

6 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    • Ideal hotel

by Binuvr Online Now Dec 5, 2013 at 8:54 AM

which is an ideal hotel/resort to stay in munnar if we intend to do lot of sightseeing?

2 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 3:21 AM
    • Leeches in Munnar ?

by navalika Online Now Sep 16, 2013 at 7:21 AM

Are there leeches in Munnar in October month?

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 9:41 PM
    • Cochin-Munnar travel time

by nabanita20 Online Now May 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM

How much time it will take to reach Cochin from Munnar by car?

9 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • dainoo's Profile Photo

Kerala - 7 days in December - travel itinerary help please

by dainoo Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 4:13 AM

Hi
      We will be in Kerala for approx 7 days in December.
      Family of 4 including 8 year old child.
      Will be spending time in Munnar/Periyar/Varkala and Kumarakom.
      Hoping to enjoy the best of sightseeing as well as rest and relaxation.
      Ideas and tips will be appreciated.

thanks

10 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Kerala Travel Plan

by aishwika Online Now Oct 3, 2011 at 7:13 PM

Hi,

We plan to Kerala Trip for 5 days by car (4 members)on 15th of oct 2011.
      Please suggest if below plan is fine and suggest for any more changes.

DAY 1 : Bangalore to Munnar (Night Halt)
      DAY 2 : Munnar – Thekkady – Alappuzha (Night Halt)
      DAY 3 : Alappuzha - Kochi – Ooty – Waynad (Night Halt)
      DAY 4 : Waynad –Bandipur - Bangalore

Thanks in Advance

5 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Hotels in Munnar

by karthik786 Online Now Jun 30, 2011 at 3:52 AM

Please suggest some good hotels/cottages in Munnar for 3 nights.

The budget i am looking is around 700 - 1500 per room.
      these hotels should be able to provide local/other site seeing.

We have 2 complete days and a day( eveng flight @ cochin). please suggest some travel plan.

also, please let me know how much time it will take to reach cochin airport from munnar

4 Answers Jul 5, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    • hi

by sandeep1980 Online Now Jun 27, 2011 at 11:46 PM

i planning to visit munnar in august around 12 to 15 from mumbai please suggest me hotels, which are site seeing at munnar and how to reach munnar from mumbai by fight please send me all details on my mail id surve.sandeep@rediffmail.com at the earliest

2 Answers Jul 22, 2011 at 12:56 AM
    • Munnar - Allepey Trip - From Hyderabad - 4 days

by karthik786 Online Now Jun 17, 2011 at 4:04 AM

We are planning to tour Munnar from Hyderabad for a 4 days holiday.

Are 2 days sufficient to cover Munnar, Allepey.

Our plan is to arrive Cochin on Sun Afternoon--> head to Munnar.
      Mon - Munnar, Allepey

Tuesday - Afternoon return back to Hyd

Please suggest any modifications.

3 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 3:45 AM
    • Munnar Trip - Suggest good hotel and cab service provider

by suren_sdn Online Now Jan 30, 2011 at 3:12 AM

Hi Friends

I'm planning to stay in 'Isaac residency' hotel in Munnar.

Please any of you guys could you share you experience you had with this hotel especially the Service and Safety they provide.

And so looking to rent a cab for 3 days,could u guys provide some good cab service providers who provide excellent service.

Surendharan N
      suren_sdn@yahoo.co.in

• How to save money on vacation in Kerela

by Lilly_rowdy Online Now Dec 6, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I am planning for 10days vacation in Kerela. Which all places should I goto and how can I save money on accomodation as the rates are quite high at this time of the year.

1 Answer Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Planning for Munnar & Alleppey - Nov '10 - Please guide

by gopalcute2001 Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 2:31 PM

Hi, I am new to Virtual tourist...and having said so..would need some expert advice on a future planned trip with family to Munnar& Alleppey from Bangalore.

I am planning to visit end of Nov '10 for 5 days...now I am bit confused as to how to plan the tour best so that its not very hectic but have the advantage of enjoying both Scenic beauty of Munnar and Alleppey. Also, as to how much would be total spent in this trip...provided I would be preferring a medium (deluxe) holiday home for staying. I have already booked train tickets to/fro from Bangalore to Ernakulam.

Please suggest..this is how I have planned as of now..
      day 1 - reach Ernakukalam in the morning. Tour Cochin..Overnight stay there.
      day 2 - move to Alleppey stay there for a day...overnight stay in houseboat.
      day 3 - move to Munnar
      day 4 - Munnar sight seeing.
      day 5 - relax and return to Ernakulam for train back

Please suggest..if the days spent / locations covered should be adjusted to cover the best location.

Thanks a lot...

7 Answers Oct 9, 2010 at 4:58 AM
    • Taxi Charges from Kochi to Munnar

by Vishy123 Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 9:15 AM

How much would a taxi cost me to drive down from Kochi airport to Munnar? Is there a cheaper alternative to taking the taxi from the airport? I don't want to be inconvenienced but am afraid of being fleeced. Can someone help?

• qmrneo's Profile Photo

Munnar trip @ Aug 3 week

by qmrneo Online Now Jul 12, 2010 at 10:44 AM

We are planning trip for 3 nights/ 4 days, to cover munnar,kodaikanal. Starting from Chennai.

We have planned as below. Is this worth. or some other good way to visit economically. And still enjoy the place.
      Periyakulam -> munnar -> kodaikanal -> Periyakulam.

What are the places that are worth watching while on trip. Please also help for stay at economical price.

3 Answers Jul 15, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    • Planning a Trip from June 18, 2010 Onwards

by tinting Online Now May 24, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Hi, I plan to travel to Munnar, Thekkady around 18 June with my wife and 1.5 yrs old daugther. Given the monsoon season and a baby, is it advisable to visit Munnar around these dates? If the downpour is heavy, we wouldnt be able to enjoy as much. Thus wanted to have an opinion if it makes sense to plan such trips during those dates.

3 Answers Jul 31, 2010 at 3:46 AM
    • Taxi from Cochin Airport to Mahindra Resort Munnar.

by Jayarep Online Now May 11, 2010 at 2:28 AM

Hello everybody,
      I have been trying to find a A/C taxi for the two of us from Cochin airport to Mahindra resort-Munnar.But somehow have been unable to get the right result.We need to travel form Cochin Airport on the 27June,around noon.I have tried Googling,but did not get satisfactory results.
      Can somebody give me some reliable web sites.
      I will appreciate all help that I can get.
      Many thanks,
      Jayarep.

3 Answers May 25, 2010 at 4:37 PM
    • Munnar Holiday trip

by sadanand Online Now Apr 19, 2010 at 1:02 AM

We as a gourp of 8 adults and 6 children were planning to visit Munnar on 20th May to 22 May. 2 Nights 3 days. The 3 days is sufficient to see all the places in Munnar. We are coming from Secunderabad (Andhra Pradesh)via Coimbatore. So how to come to Munnar or which is the nearest railway station. From there how to come to Munnar. On 22nd May night we should come back to Coimbatore. We want total package cost or individual

2 Answers Apr 19, 2010 at 3:18 AM
    • Travelling from Cochin airport to Munnar

by gspowar Online Now Apr 15, 2010 at 5:56 AM

Hi All

Please let me know about the transportation options available for travelling from cochin airport to munnar, is there any public transportation available for this route. Kindly guide me.
      Thanks

2 Answers Apr 18, 2010 at 10:00 PM
    • Visiting Munnar

by Jayarep Online Now Mar 20, 2010 at 11:29 PM

Hi! Everybody.
      My wife and I are visiting Munnar in June of this year and will be staying at the Mahindra Resort.We shall be flying into Cochin from Delhi,and then have to take a transport to the Resort.What are my options.Either take a taxi or a Public Transport.Which is more practical.In the event of taking a taxi from the airport how long would be travel time.Can anybody give me an idea what would be the approximate cost.What would the weather be like.Would the monsoons have begun,and how heavy are the rains.
      Looking forward to hear from you all,Kerala enthusiasts.We are going out to Kerala for the very first time.
      Thanks and Cheers.

2 Answers Mar 24, 2010 at 2:57 AM
    • aamir_g's Profile Photo

munnar/backwaters trip--post marriage

by aamir_g Online Now Mar 18, 2010 at 9:58 AM

i am planning a post marriage trip to munnar/backwaters with wife(who else??? in april scond week...have a few queries...

1) i am negotiating a package with ktdc..how are they? how is there service? how are their resorts---tea county/aranya nivas/bolgatty/waterscapes?

2) i am not staying overnight on a houseboat....should i? are there any day cruise options?

3) my iternary is cochin(1)--munnar(3)--thekaddy(1)--kumarakom(1)---cochin. is it fine? can i squeeze a varkala beach in here?

please it will be a real help if you guys reply back..i have just joined this site....looks pretty cool

aamir

5 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Planning a trip to Munnar

by praveen12 Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 10:15 PM

Me and my wife are plannign a trip to Munnar from 2nd April to 4th April.Will it be to hot to go at this time ?

2 Answers Mar 16, 2010 at 11:03 PM
    • munnar travel

by keerthi.k.kumar Online Now Mar 2, 2010 at 10:07 PM

hi,iam planning to visit munnar along with my wife. we will reach cochin on 12th april and planned to stay beach resort and suggest us any resort in cochin and 13th we want to plan to go to munnar and want to stay in good hotel and 14th we want to go to thekkady and alleppey and return to cochin on 16th

2 Answers Mar 3, 2010 at 9:41 AM
    • Jessichops's Profile Photo

Munnar to Periyar

by Jessichops Online Now Feb 19, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get from Munnar in the afternoon to travel to Periyar? Will it be by bus? If so how lng will this take?

If anyone has any recommendations for value for money guesthouses in both Munnar and Periyar (that also offer or can deal with day excursions) please reply with details. We will stay 2 nights in each.

After this we will then travel to Varkala from Periyar - is this a tricky journey to make? Any info on this will be gratefully received.

Tanks so much for any advice sent!

:D

1 Answer Feb 20, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    • kerala tour

by wikikerala Online Now Jul 18, 2009 at 8:36 AM

presently i am in mysore i am thinking of visiying munnar alleppy kochi and ooty and kodaikanal plz give advices or suggestions

1 Answer Sep 6, 2013 at 3:51 AM
    • Munnar Visit in August End

by bbpsbp Online Now Jul 14, 2009 at 4:19 AM

I am planning to visit Munnar, Kerala from 24th August to 29th August, 09. How will be the whether, as per histry, during that period ? How will rain during that period ? Will this time be correct and fomfortable for visit to Munnar ?
      Best Regards.
      Thanks.
      BBP

5 Answers Aug 19, 2009 at 3:27 AM
    • How will be my trip in munnar from july 10 - july 14th?

by sahitya Online Now Jun 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Hi,

I planned to visit munnar with my wife on july 10th.We will come to cochin by flight and stay in cochin for 1 day.Next day we will go to munnar by car and stay there for 2 days.On 13th we will proceed to alleppey and stay there in house boat for 1 day.On 14th we will reach cochin airport.

I came to know that july is rainy season in munnar.I already booked tickets for my travel.Also paid for the package.Please let me know How it will be in munnar during my trip..We will have a car from day 1 to day 4 with us during our trip.

Please reply me as soon as possible..I'm much worried about my trip :(

3 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 4:06 AM