Munising Travel Answers

change location
XtravelloverX's Profile Photo

Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Hotels

by XtravelloverX Online Now Jul 15, 2006 at 6:44 AM

Hi there,

We're thinking of a weekend in the area and hotels are coming up quite pricey ($70+ per night). I'm wondering if there's another area closeby Munising that would have cheaper hotels?

Thanks,
Dawn :)

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • yooperprof's Profile Photo

RE: Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Hotels

by yooperprof Online Now Jul 15, 2006 at 9:12 AM

July and August are the "high season" in the U.P. so rates are higher now. I live in Marquette which is 40 miles west of Muninsing. Marquette is bigger with more accomodations so you may find lower rates here - but probably not by much.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • XtravelloverX's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Hotels

by XtravelloverX Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 12:53 PM

Thanks for your reply. Yea, Marquette would be a little far for us since we only have the 3-day weekend to work with.

Happy travels,
    Dawn

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

by yooperprof Online Now Jul 16, 2006 at 5:44 PM

You might be able to find a mom and pop place for less, but you never know what you're getting with those - it could be the Bates Motel!

• Toby_Garbe's Profile Photo

by Toby_Garbe Online Now Aug 7, 2006 at 10:52 AM

Hello ! Hey i have a few friends up there :) and they own Ship Wreck tours in munising look that place up on the net and give them a call ask for kate and if she isnt there ask for amy and tell them that Toby sent you and see if they can give you the # to Scotties motel , ahh lol i think thats what it is , Tell Kate that its the one I stayed in for new years a few years back . Its nothing speacial but i thought it was cheap and it was right in town. Most of the places just a few miles away from town in the u.p. are or used to be 2 for20 hahaha Well good luck and if you have any more ?'s let me know. tobydog72@hotmail.com
    Ohh and Tell Kate to tell Joe (her brother) and Kris (her man , my friend) Hello from the troll below . Thanks and good luck !!! and dont be shy to ask me anything else .
    Have a blast !!!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines