Munich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Junior Tennis

by sryvalina Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Hello, we will be in Munich and Garmich at the beginning of September and Im looking for a good tennis club for my son who is advanced tennis player. Could anyone recommend one? Thank you!

more
    • bike storage

by klauswessels Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM

is there a "rad station" near munich hbf

more
    • Venice - Munich via Brenner Pass

by Sherryn9000 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM

We are travelling from Venice to Munich on 6th January 2015 and hope to take the day train via Brenner Pass to see the Alps. I read somewhere this might not run during winter, can you please let me know if this trip will be possible at that time of year

more
    • bike storage

by klauswessels Online Now Jul 7, 2014 at 1:10 AM

is there a "rad station" near munich hbf

1 Answer Jul 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM
    • Junior Tennis

by sryvalina Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM

Hello, we will be in Munich and Garmich at the beginning of September and Im looking for a good tennis club for my son who is advanced tennis player. Could anyone recommend one? Thank you!

• Venice - Munich via Brenner Pass

by Sherryn9000 Online Now Jun 23, 2014 at 9:52 PM

We are travelling from Venice to Munich on 6th January 2015 and hope to take the day train via Brenner Pass to see the Alps. I read somewhere this might not run during winter, can you please let me know if this trip will be possible at that time of year

3 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 3:38 AM
    • Hotel near railway station

by Browner01 Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 6:47 AM

Hello,
      We are travelling by rail from UK to Hungary with overnight stop in Munich. We arrive in Munich at about 22:30 for overnight stop.
      Can you suggest a three or four star hotel that is in easy safe walking distance from the main railway station that is happy to receive guests late in the evening.
      Many thanks
      Edward Brown

6 Answers Jun 19, 2014 at 10:44 AM
    • Quick Business Trip to Munich

by ekseattle Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 4:47 PM

Hi all
      I just booked a quick business trip to Munich for early July and was able to tack 2 days onto the end before I need to head off to my next location back in the US.
      What is the best way to get as much seen as possible on a Thursday and a Friday? History and culture!

1 Answer Jun 11, 2014 at 1:03 PM
    • s083629's Profile Photo

Rental Car

by s083629 Online Now Jun 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM

We are traveling from Frankfurt to Munich with friends in their car. In Munich I want to rent a car to travel around Germany after our friends leave. We will be eventually departing Germany from Frankfurt Airport. I would like to return the car there. I don't believe this is a problem or that it should cost extra. I am thinking Enterprise Rent a car. Any other recommendations? I would like a luxury car or possibly a Porsche Cayman. Also, is it better to rent at the Munich airport or at some other location in Munich (airport fees/tax)? Thanks in advance for you responses. JK

3 Answers Jun 4, 2014 at 1:22 PM
    • Bus tour to Neuschwanstein

by postaria Online Now Jun 1, 2014 at 9:07 AM

Do you know about a guided bus tour in Spanish?

5 Answers Jun 2, 2014 at 11:20 AM
    • mikonoda62's Profile Photo

Traveling on Xmas & New Year EVE in Europe

by mikonoda62 Online Now May 30, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Hi we are landing to Munich on 20 Dec & planning to spend Xmas day in Salzburg. Should we travel(train) on 23Dec or 24Dec to Salzburg? I have a bad experience in Vietnam last year on 24th Dec. There were so many people on the street & we couldn't get to the train station by a taxi. Should we avoid Xmas & NY eves for "moving to the other cities"in Europe as well?

9 Answers Jun 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    • The Pharoah-Haus

by fingodav Online Now May 29, 2014 at 4:35 PM

I have been offered an apartment. in the Pharoah-Haus, but am unsure how practical it will be because of the lack of nearby metro station. Can anyone please tell me the best way to get to the city centre please ?

1 Answer May 29, 2014 at 6:06 PM
    • Tram in Munich

by eternalprincess Online Now May 24, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Hello :) I'm just wondering if I buy a 3 day pass is it working with tram? (or only with s bahn/u bahn?)

2 Answers May 24, 2014 at 9:43 AM
    • Late night travel from train station

by slowt Online Now May 19, 2014 at 1:31 PM

My train arrives at 1:12, and I am afraid that the city infrastructure will be closed. How much are cabs usually and do they run that late at night? This is my first time in Germany. I am very excited. Thanks for you response.

2 Answers May 20, 2014 at 12:00 AM
    • Train Travel Salburg to Munich

by Salliroberts Online Now May 15, 2014 at 2:52 AM

Could you please advise me about the train from Salzburg to Munich. I know it's take just under 2 hours. We will be a group of 5 Adults & 5 Children all from Australia, we want to do a day trip so we will need return tickets, do we need a rail pass as we will be traveling between countries. Could you please suggest the best web site to browse.
      Thank you, Sally

9 Answers May 20, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    • scrooge1947's Profile Photo

Train or Bus from Munich Airport to centre city

by scrooge1947 Online Now May 5, 2014 at 10:03 PM

I am flying from Moscow to Munich as a senior solo traveller and unsure best way to get from the Airport to city centre and 4 days later flying from Munich to Copenhagen also flying Lufthansa arriving Terminal 2, leaving early paper work says terminal 3 which I think may not be correct.
      The worries I have is what do I do with my large suitcase( on board with me ? )and will I get off at the right station. ( are messages in English)
      Hope that all makes sense, thanks.

4 Answers May 6, 2014 at 4:46 AM
    • hotel choice

by ashimaT Online Now May 5, 2014 at 7:14 AM

hi! Im getting hilton at schwabing and an apartment (its time for muinich) at candidplatz at almost the same cost. which would be a better location, givne that i want to see muich in detail. i have 6 nights.

Also, the apt doesnt have air conditioning - but will i really need it in 1st week september?

thanks for the help!

2 Answers May 5, 2014 at 10:27 PM
    • Buying a Leverkusen football shirt in Munich

by edinsi Online Now May 4, 2014 at 2:34 PM

I've been asked to look for a Bayer Leverkusen football shirt (child's size) while on a forthcoming trip to Munich. I imagine it's easy to find Bayern Munich shirts there, but does anyone know whether I'm likely to be able to find a Leverkusen shirt? Any good shops to try for this?

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 12:40 AM
    • Nanpops's Profile Photo

Hotels Near Main Train Station

by Nanpops Online Now May 3, 2014 at 10:48 PM

What is a good value quiet hotel near the train station?

4 Answers May 5, 2014 at 2:17 AM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

to be shown round

by lettychuffy Online Now May 3, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Hello everyone
      I have a flight booked fron the 29th July until the 7th August .
      I am hoping to book a BB Trivastraße, Munich,or Dachauer Straße, Munich,
      As you see I will be there for two weeks .
      I would like to go to Neuschwanshtein castle.
      I have never traveled alone so I am a little unsure .
      Are there any links I can go to find someone to show me around in exchange for English Conversation . I am a teacher .
      Also if you have some ideas how to spend my two weeks I would be so happy to listen

3 Answers May 3, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    • Credit card and cash

by Pilotsnow Online Now May 2, 2014 at 6:25 AM

I heard that the cash is more popular to use than the credit card in Germany. So I'm planning to bring some cash. But just for the emergency, I would like to know where I can use credit card if I need to? Visa/mastercard/american express?

9 Answers May 2, 2014 at 7:09 PM
    • Travel alone in Munich

by Pilotsnow Online Now Apr 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM

I am traveling to Munich and Salzburg by myself in May. Any recommendations for restaurants and things to do (even by myself)? I definitely go to see Neuschwanstein castle. I will be there only 7 days, and I'm planning to use all kinds of transportation systems.

3 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 10:29 AM
    • Advice on Germany Travel - Munich versus Dresden and adjacent areas to both

by Nikkisunday Online Now Apr 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM

I am traveling to Germany for 10 days and arriving in Munich. My first several days I will be in Munich. From there I am trying to decide where to go? I am considering driving to Dresden versus staying a little closer to the Munich area for the entire trip. I have never traveled anywhere near the area before and was wondering if anybody can share the pros and cons of different areas. Primarily I love history, beautiful architecture, and nature. I am also considering staying in one of the castle "hotels" for a couple of days. (Castle Liebenstein to be specific) so any advice as to that area is also very much appreciated. Based on my Google research it seems there are many castles to see throughout Germany and some very nice villages. I also read something about a "Romantic Road" and something about a "Castle Road" but am finding it difficult to locate a specific location for each. It seems like there is just so much that it makes it a little difficult to narrow things down. :)

5 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • Environment zone sticker

by gvon100 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We are renting a car in France and driving to Munich. Hotel is located in environent zone. How hard is it to get a sticker for this. I have heard you can get them at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

2 Answers Apr 21, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Ghotel Hotel & Living Munchen-Zentrum

by cmillard Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Another question regarding this hotel please. We will be taking the train to Venice after we leave Germany. Is this hotel closer to the main train station or to the train station at the airport?

Thank you,
      Mickey

8 Answers Jun 21, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • Student Traveler

by Abbeyobrien Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I am a journalism student at the University of South Carolina and will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in May with a class. My group project is to report on unique places in Munich and Berlin. We are looking to go to places that are bizarre or wacky is some aspect (for example: the Currywurst Museum, Peacock Island or Tropical Islands Berlin). Do you have any suggestions or any contacts in either of the two cities? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
      Abbey O'Brien

6 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

by KendallF Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    • Help with iternary for Munich and surrounding areas

by aatiman Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I will be in the Munich (thats where my flight lands). I am traveling with my family (2 kids: 9 month and 7 year old). This is my iternary

Date Location

3-Jul Munich

4-Jul Munich

5-Jul Bavarian forest

6-Jul Bavarian forest

7-Jul Bavarian forest/Salsburg

8-Jul Salsburg

9-Jul Salsburg

10-Jul Munich

11-Jul Munich

Does anyone have any suggestion on my iternary.

Please help

Thanks

aatiman

5 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • theron7's Profile Photo

6 Hour Layover

by theron7 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

1st time visitor here. My son and I, he is 18, have a 6.5 hour layover on Monday, July 30. e want to go into town see a market and then hit a beer garden before continuing on to Athens. Are there any particular Beer gardens that should not be missed and that are easily assessable in our time frame? Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

MVV Mobile Ticket

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 8:29 AM

I read that MVV now allows purchase of tickets through their "MVV Companion" App, which I have on my iPod Touch. Is it possible to display this ticket offline (e.g., purchase the ticket in my hotel room over Wi-Fi, then display it as needed while offline)? I'm one of the 10 people remaining on earth who doesn't own a smartphone (and even if I did, I probably wouldn't want to pay the broadband roaming charges in Germany anyway), so I was just curious.

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • Badendescendant's Profile Photo

Directions

by Badendescendant Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 7:09 AM

From the airport I'm going to take the S8 to Marienplatz and then how does the U6 connect? Is it marked well so that I can find my way onto the U from the S? Sorry for the dumb question.

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 4:48 AM
    • po885895@Gmail.com

by QueenPatricia1 Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Are there any online stores for Munich souvenirs?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • dgoddess61's Profile Photo

Christmas Week 2014

by dgoddess61 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 5:01 PM

We will be in Munich December 23rd thru the 26th. We are planning a day trip to the Castles on the 23rd which will take up most of our day. I knew a lot of things would be closed on Christmas Day, but looking for suggestions for our little family of 3 (college age daughter and parents) If anyone who has knowledge or been in Munich during this period can provide us with some insight I would be most grateful. Suggestions on Restaurants that are open and good for the 24th & 25th? If everything is closed in Munich suggestions on day trips for those dates. Thanks a bunch!

5 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM