Munich

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Environment zone sticker

by gvon100 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We are renting a car in France and driving to Munich. Hotel is located in environent zone. How hard is it to get a sticker for this. I have heard you can get them at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

more
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

by KendallF Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

more
    • theron7's Profile Photo

6 Hour Layover

by theron7 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

1st time visitor here. My son and I, he is 18, have a 6.5 hour layover on Monday, July 30. e want to go into town see a market and then hit a beer garden before continuing on to Athens. Are there any particular Beer gardens that should not be missed and that are easily assessable in our time frame? Thanks for your help!

more
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Ghotel Hotel & Living Munchen-Zentrum

by cmillard Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Another question regarding this hotel please. We will be taking the train to Venice after we leave Germany. Is this hotel closer to the main train station or to the train station at the airport?

Thank you,
      Mickey

more
    • Help with iternary for Munich and surrounding areas

by aatiman Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I will be in the Munich (thats where my flight lands). I am traveling with my family (2 kids: 9 month and 7 year old). This is my iternary

Date Location

3-Jul Munich

4-Jul Munich

5-Jul Bavarian forest

6-Jul Bavarian forest

7-Jul Bavarian forest/Salsburg

8-Jul Salsburg

9-Jul Salsburg

10-Jul Munich

11-Jul Munich

Does anyone have any suggestion on my iternary.

Please help

Thanks

aatiman

more
    • Student Traveler

by Abbeyobrien Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I am a journalism student at the University of South Carolina and will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in May with a class. My group project is to report on unique places in Munich and Berlin. We are looking to go to places that are bizarre or wacky is some aspect (for example: the Currywurst Museum, Peacock Island or Tropical Islands Berlin). Do you have any suggestions or any contacts in either of the two cities? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
      Abbey O'Brien

more
    • Environment zone sticker

by gvon100 Online Now Apr 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We are renting a car in France and driving to Munich. Hotel is located in environent zone. How hard is it to get a sticker for this. I have heard you can get them at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

1 Answer Apr 16, 2014 at 10:41 PM

Ghotel Hotel & Living Munchen-Zentrum

by cmillard Online Now Apr 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Another question regarding this hotel please. We will be taking the train to Venice after we leave Germany. Is this hotel closer to the main train station or to the train station at the airport?

Thank you,
      Mickey

4 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM
    • Student Traveler

by Abbeyobrien Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I am a journalism student at the University of South Carolina and will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in May with a class. My group project is to report on unique places in Munich and Berlin. We are looking to go to places that are bizarre or wacky is some aspect (for example: the Currywurst Museum, Peacock Island or Tropical Islands Berlin). Do you have any suggestions or any contacts in either of the two cities? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
      Abbey O'Brien

6 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 8:46 PM
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

by KendallF Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

2 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    • Help with iternary for Munich and surrounding areas

by aatiman Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I will be in the Munich (thats where my flight lands). I am traveling with my family (2 kids: 9 month and 7 year old). This is my iternary

Date Location

3-Jul Munich

4-Jul Munich

5-Jul Bavarian forest

6-Jul Bavarian forest

7-Jul Bavarian forest/Salsburg

8-Jul Salsburg

9-Jul Salsburg

10-Jul Munich

11-Jul Munich

Does anyone have any suggestion on my iternary.

Please help

Thanks

aatiman

5 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 5:07 AM
    • theron7's Profile Photo

6 Hour Layover

by theron7 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

1st time visitor here. My son and I, he is 18, have a 6.5 hour layover on Monday, July 30. e want to go into town see a market and then hit a beer garden before continuing on to Athens. Are there any particular Beer gardens that should not be missed and that are easily assessable in our time frame? Thanks for your help!

2 Answers Apr 2, 2014 at 6:25 AM
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

MVV Mobile Ticket

by travelfrosch Online Now Mar 13, 2014 at 8:29 AM

I read that MVV now allows purchase of tickets through their "MVV Companion" App, which I have on my iPod Touch. Is it possible to display this ticket offline (e.g., purchase the ticket in my hotel room over Wi-Fi, then display it as needed while offline)? I'm one of the 10 people remaining on earth who doesn't own a smartphone (and even if I did, I probably wouldn't want to pay the broadband roaming charges in Germany anyway), so I was just curious.

2 Answers Mar 13, 2014 at 10:13 AM
    • Badendescendant's Profile Photo

Directions

by Badendescendant Online Now Mar 9, 2014 at 7:09 AM

From the airport I'm going to take the S8 to Marienplatz and then how does the U6 connect? Is it marked well so that I can find my way onto the U from the S? Sorry for the dumb question.

3 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 4:48 AM
    • po885895@Gmail.com

by QueenPatricia1 Online Now Mar 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Are there any online stores for Munich souvenirs?

2 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • dgoddess61's Profile Photo

Christmas Week 2014

by dgoddess61 Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 5:01 PM

We will be in Munich December 23rd thru the 26th. We are planning a day trip to the Castles on the 23rd which will take up most of our day. I knew a lot of things would be closed on Christmas Day, but looking for suggestions for our little family of 3 (college age daughter and parents) If anyone who has knowledge or been in Munich during this period can provide us with some insight I would be most grateful. Suggestions on Restaurants that are open and good for the 24th & 25th? If everything is closed in Munich suggestions on day trips for those dates. Thanks a bunch!

5 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM
    • JBR012710's Profile Photo

Best place to buy souvenirs in Munich?

by JBR012710 Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 10:34 AM

And preferably not super expensive... I'd like to get my family and friends some small items. Nothing cheesy, but nothing super expensive.

3 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    • JBR012710's Profile Photo

Walking with luggage to hotel in Munich?

by JBR012710 Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Would we be ok to walk with our luggage to our hotel from the main train station? We're staying at the Eurostar Book Hotel (about 5 minute walk). Or should we take a cab and pay a boatload extra?

10 Answers Feb 24, 2014 at 2:19 AM
    • Where to go

by texasredhead11 Online Now Feb 22, 2014 at 11:10 PM

I am 52, will be travelling Germany want nice hotel, nice dinner with dancing with some class men.

3 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 11:10 AM
    • nebulaflash's Profile Photo

Hotel Brack

by nebulaflash Online Now Feb 20, 2014 at 5:44 PM

has anyone stayed there and is it walking distance to the sights in City?

10 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM
    • transportation

by Rags489 Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 10:49 AM

what type of transportation is best for munich to passau for four adults?

6 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 3:50 PM

Train service from Munich to Passau

by nebulaflash Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Any comments or recommendations regarding train service from Munich to Passau would be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Hotel recommendations in Munich

by nebulaflash Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Does anyone have any experience with hotels in this city? Quality of and prices. We are travelling there in October.

4 Answers Feb 8, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    • best way to move from country to country

by Travel_bug123 Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 9:03 PM

Hi Guys,

Im Heading off on my first big trip to Europe and am trying to workout whats the best way to move between countries. I looked at a Eurail pass but it doesn't seem to be that cost effective. Is there an easy website where i could compare cost of point to point travel?
      Thanks Guys :)

8 Answers Feb 9, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    • Ranjit662's Profile Photo

Travel in Germany and Austria

by Ranjit662 Online Now Feb 2, 2014 at 10:05 AM

I wish to see a bit of these two lovely countries and am planning a trip there . I plan to buy an Eurorail Regional Pass for travel within these two countries that is valid for two months and travel day are 10. I wish to fly in to Friedrichshafen via Istanbul from India. And stay at the end of the rail-trip with friends who live close to Friedrichshafen. And flyback home return via Istanbul .My question is as follows.

1.. Can you recommend a travel itinerary that covers the best in these two countries?

Thanks Ranjit

8 Answers Feb 4, 2014 at 8:27 PM
    • Looking for a restaurant that I went to five years ago

by barb45hotdog Online Now Jan 31, 2014 at 11:58 AM

The restaurant I am searching for was in a no car zone, cobble stone streets, lots of greenery including small trees,I think artificial, arches and murals on wall. We had suckling pig and Lowenbrau beer. I am returning to Munich and would like to take my husband. The taxi parked in a square and we walked a block or so, Do you know the name?

4 Answers Jan 31, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Ghotel Hotel Munchen-Zentrum - Baaderstrasse 88-90

by cmillard Online Now Jan 27, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I just booked this hotel for Oktoberfest as it had great reviews and was a decent price. I am now reading that it's a bit of a way out of town. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Is it easy to get into town from their location?

Thank you.

2 Answers Jan 28, 2014 at 10:03 PM
    • Crazywoman's Profile Photo

6 days in and around Munich

by Crazywoman Online Now Jan 23, 2014 at 11:06 AM

We will be making this trip (Berlin - Munich and more! - Germany Travel Forum) during our summer holidays. We have never been to Munich or the areas around before. As you can see if you read my other post, we will have 6 whole days to spend.

We are looking at making 2, maybe 3 day trips out of Munich and after some research Kehlsteinhaus, Zugspitze, Salzburg and a castle looks like the most probable, even the open air museum mentioned in the other forum thread looks interesting, but we will not have time for all of this! First of all, we are still open for more ideas if you want to confuse us! Second, we will have our car available, is the mentioned day trips better to do by public transportation or by car? If we go by car, is there anything along the routes to these places that are worth seeing too?

In Munich we would probably visit the Deutsche museum and the BMW museum and walk around and see the touristy things in the city centre. Is there anything that we should not miss?

I also think we will have a hard time choosing between the ”biergartens” when we get thirsty. What is your favorite? It would be nice if they have good food as well. We would possibly like to visit a brewery too, this could also be a brewery outside of the city. Any suggestions on this? It needs to be within reach of public transportation.

We would like to rent an apartment for our visit. What would be a good area? And is there any area that we should avoid? If you have suggestions for an apartment that would also be good.

14 Answers Jan 24, 2014 at 8:12 AM

Where to stay for one day & night?

by cmillard Online Now Jan 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM

We will be taking the train from Munich to Venice and would like to stay in a cute place
      near the train station. Does not have to be fancy, but clean and hopefully close to some
      attractions since we only have one day there.

Thank you,
      Mickey.

5 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 11:46 AM
    • dragonflylt's Profile Photo

Couple of Days in Munich!

by dragonflylt Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 4:45 PM

I didn't have time to prepare for my trip! Work is crazy! But I am heading to Munich in about an hour and will be there around 9am local time! we have 3 days in Munich...before heading on a tour of Prague, Budapest, Austria..what would be your recommendations on the can't miss places to visit. I love architecture, history, good food, beautiful scenery... not necessarily hiking ....we are staying at the hilton in downtown for two nights then the Sheraton with the tour. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!!

2 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 1:20 AM
    • ErinMM's Profile Photo

St. Peter's concerts

by ErinMM Online Now Dec 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I found online that there is an orchestral concert at St. Peter's church on Dec. 29 and a Bach choir concert there on Dec. 31st. I cannot seem to find any information on tickets, so I'm wondering if perhaps these are free concerts? Does anyone know? Thank you! ~ Erin

1 Answer Dec 16, 2013 at 2:29 PM
    • lettychuffy's Profile Photo

MEMMINGEN/MUNICH WEST

by lettychuffy Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Hello
      If i need to go to Munich from the aiport is there transport after 9.30pm on the 1st jan
      and my flight leaves on the fifth at 9am so i would need to be there 2 hours before
      thank you

5 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 12:44 AM
    • train from munich to garmish

by edd78 Online Now Nov 27, 2013 at 6:23 AM

hi
      i am traveling to garmish next summer need advice on train travel from munich airport i will be buying a bayern ticket for two adults. do you need to stamp a bayern ticket. what connections is there. i have heard that when traveling from garmish back to airport that the train splits and the rear end goes to the airport only read about this on one website

regards
      eddy

2 Answers Nov 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM
    • Neuschwanstein Castle, Hohenschwangau Castle and Linderhof Palace

by spyx Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Is it possible to do a day trip from Munich and visit all 3 places in ONE day using purely public transport in late December (around 21-22) or am I better off joining a tour from Munich? I plan to leave Munich as early as possible (7am), visit Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau castles first then make my way to Linderhof (if possible). Will appreciate any advice on how I can travel from Hohenschwangau to Linderhof using public transport.

6 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    • amsterdam to munich 5 days

by BonB Online Now Nov 19, 2013 at 11:05 PM

thanks for the great links...websites seems fairly easy to use...my question : any suggestions on itineary (like train to middle Rhine then cruise), what locations to realisticly plan an over night, or head to Munich as basecamp. This is where I am lost....the travel/plus very "basic tourist look" around time at specific cities... any suggestions greatly appreciated!

1 Answer Nov 20, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    • Amsterdam to Munich

by BonB Online Now Nov 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM

5 days to travel / Amsterdam to Munich...want to see as much as possible...mature travelers...public transportation..Rhine River Cruise included...Help, Please!

1 Answer Nov 18, 2013 at 4:05 AM