Munich Travel Answers

change location

Winter favorites

by emmweb Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 6:57 PM

We will be visiting Minich as a group of 5 adults between Christmas and New Year's. Is there much to the beer gardens in winter? I am assuming not, but could be very wrong. We have an apartment rented on the east side of the Isar, around 30 minutes walk to the old town center and very near a U-Bahn stop, and are quite comfortable walking or taking public transport. What are your favorite Munich sights and activites in winter? We are up for most amything... enjoying what the locals enjoy!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Winter favorites

by emmweb Online Now Feb 3, 2013 at 6:58 PM

*Munich*, I meant! :) Thanks! Erin

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • zuriga's Profile Photo

Re: Winter favorites

by zuriga Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 3:17 AM

Definitely do not miss the Residenz - home to many of the Bavarian kings and a fantastic place to visit. The Science Museum is also fascinating. The former is in easy walking distance from the old town center, and the museum is an easy tram ride from there.

• painterdave's Profile Photo

Re: Winter favorites

by painterdave Online Now Feb 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Oh are you going to have fun. Munich has several HUGE beer providers complete with music and all inside where it is nice and warm in the winter.
    Be prepared to sit at a table with other beer enthusiasts and sing along, the music is a lot of fun and you can also order food. My page on Hofrau Haus is one where you can see a little of the action. copy and paste this to see it.
    "Music and Beer" - Hofbräuhaus Tip by painterdave
    By the way,,, the food is actually very good.
    Hofbrau Haus is in the center of Munich.
    Dave

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines