Mumbai Travel Answers

change location
cilsley's Profile Photo

I need to get to Bandra Terminus from Colaba and guess that I'll be taking a train.

by cilsley Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I need to get to Bandra Terminus from Colaba and guess that I'll be taking a train.
Which one and from which station please?
Thanks, Chris

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Re: I need to get to Bandra Terminus from Colaba and guess that I'll be taking a train.

by viewtheworld Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM

From VT station (now called Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus) take the Western line to Bandra.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: I need to get to Bandra Terminus from Colaba and guess that I'll be taking a train.

by Donna_in_India Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 1:47 PM

The easiest station is Churchgate because all of the trains are on the Andheri line which goes through Bandra. There are express and slow trains. It is just a little farther than CST/VT though so you'd need to take a taxi for a few minutes past CST/VT.

CST/VT is a major train station and can be a pain to maneuver especially during rush hours. Just make sure to get on the correct (western) line if you decide on CST/VT.

• mehulraj's Profile Photo

Re: I need to get to Bandra Terminus from Colaba and guess that I'll be taking a train.

by mehulraj Online Now Mar 3, 2013 at 4:38 PM

For going to bandra you can start from either "Chruchgate" station or "VT/CST" station..It will easy to catch train from Chruchgate station as all train leaves from this station goes through bandra station.only thing is you need to ask for which one is fast or slow train..As i remember fast train will not stop at bandra station, it will stop at nxt stop i.e Andheri station.so dont take fast train..
    and from 'VT/CST' station you need to go to platform 1/2 where you will find train going to andheri/bandra..but again on the same platform you will find other train going to other destination too..you need to be little careful here..as you want to go to bandra on the sign board you will find "AN" that means that train will go to andheri station through bandra..get on that train..
    The only difference between CST/CHRUCHGATE station is, from chruchgate station you will find train too often but dont go during rushhours from 11 to 4 I prefer to catch from chruchgate other than that I prefer to go through VT station.

• aadil's Profile Photo

by aadil Online Now Mar 11, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Take any train from Churchgate station to Andheri, Borivali or Virar. Fast (sometimes in the morning peak hours they may not stop at Bandra for which you can check the indicator on the platform where the train departs from) and slow trains usually stop at the Bandra Local station but not at the Bandra Terminus which is reachable from the East side of the station after a long walk on the foot over bridge. If you are carrying a lot of luggage it will be prudent to take a taxi from Colaba instead of the train. Also trains will be very crowded at almost all times except early in the morning (4 am to 9 am) when you are travelling in the opposite direction to that of the peak hour traffic. From Colaba it is better to go to Churchgate station as it is closer as well as more trains going towards Bandra at any time throughout the day and a very few trains even terminating at Bandra. The Bandra Terminus is a long walk away from the Bandra Station so you may wish to take an auto rickshaw to the terminus building at a minimum fare of Rs.15 only though most auto rickshaw drivers may not agree to come that short distance or even ask for highly inflated amounts to take you there but don't give in to these cheats. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Aadil.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines