Mumbai Travel Answers

change location

Hiring a motorcycle?

by viewtheworld Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Hi, Are there places offering this service? What are the charges, and minimum hire period? In hours or days? Thank you.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • greekcypriot's Profile Photo

Re: Hiring a motorcycle?

by greekcypriot Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 6:47 AM

You can check the link if you wish. windowoncyprus.com/motorbike...">windowoncyprus.com/motorbike... Get in touch if this link is not satisfying you. Good luck

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mehulraj's Profile Photo

by mehulraj Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 8:15 AM

hello there

the best way to hire bike is to ask help from hotel staff..they will guide you properly..and you may get bikes on daily basis..and they may charge you around 300-800Rs. depending upon the bike you choose. but still best way to roam in mumbai is to use metro train,taxi and tuk tuk.. bikes for mumbai traffic will be tiresome and it will be really difficult for you to adjust yourself to indian traffic if you are here for the first time..its really crazy and scary..I hope my answer helps

1 member found this helpful

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 14, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Unless you have driven a motorcycle in Mumbai before, i would definitely recommend against doing so. Traffic (& the pollution from the traffic) is horrible. No one follows any traffic rules (including stopping for lights) and there is a good chance you would have an accident/get injured. As a foreigner if you're involved in an accident, you might as well just open up your wallet because you're not leaving the scene until you pay - whether or not it's your fault. Most Mumbaikers don't even drive in Mumbai. :-)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines