Travel Answers
Muhafazat al `Aqabah

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Muhafazat al `Aqabah Travel Answer Locations

• What is the name of an Eau the toilette in the Aqaba airport tax free shop?

Aqaba Apr 9, 2014 at 1:14 PM

I have seen an eau the toilette in the Aqaba airport Tax Free shop but i can not remember the name. There were 2 different buttles from the same company (probably from France), one black and one transparent, the only ones whith the size about 10 cm x 10 cm. Can you tell me what is the name of the eau the toilette?
      Thanks in advance/Alexander

1 Answer Apr 10, 2014 at 4:31 AM
    • Airport ground transport?

Aqaba Nov 8, 2013 at 12:43 PM

How to get to Aqaba from Aqaba airport saturday evening approx 19:30. Price?

3 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM
    • Time on King's Highway from Aqaba to Karak

Aqaba Nov 2, 2013 at 10:15 PM

My husband and I are riding on our Harley from Tabuk, Saudi Arabia to Jordan and are wondering how much time it would take to do the stretch from Aqaba to Karak, using the King's Highway. If it is too long, it may be better to stop at Dana instead. Info welcome!

Thanks. ElizaConquest

4 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 4:48 AM
    • guiguette's Profile Photo

Car rental in Aqaba

Aqaba Oct 4, 2013 at 8:26 AM

We will be visiting Jordan and landing in Aqaba. We would like to rent a car from there and then wander around the country. Do you have any good car rental company to recommand in Aqaba?
      thanks for your help!

1 Answer Oct 4, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Day trip in Aqaba?

Aqaba Sep 28, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Planning a trip to Jordan next year - this is my second visit, but I have not been to Aqaba. Wanted to find out more on what are the attractions in Aqaba - if we are not into diving and beach sports, is there much to do?

Is the Tala Bay worth a day trip or overnight recommended? If we are going to Aqaba, planning to go after in the morning after an overnight trip in Wadi Rum. Thinking of potentially a day trip before driving to Dead Sea for an overnight stay as I checked out the resorts and think they are quite pricy. If I do not book a stay in a hotel, is there a place we can stop for photos / hang out to appreciate Tala Bay?

Any useful advice / tips much appreciated!

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    • About AQABA

Aqaba Jul 30, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Hi everyone
      Me and my wife planning to visit Aqaba for about 4-5 days in August.
      Any gathering information about this place is wellcome:)
      Safety,Where to stay,transportation to Petra and where else to visit...
      Is it insane to visit Petra İn August?

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    • a cruise from aqaba to taba

Aqaba Oct 2, 2012 at 1:54 PM

hello can you tell me please how and where can i find the scheduled cruises from Aqaba to Taba to spend there 4 days and come back the same way ..the safest trip to be,,the dates i want 25 till 28 of October.

1 Answer Oct 3, 2012 at 1:43 AM
    • CCChampagne's Profile Photo

Female on her own

Aqaba Jul 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM

As a woman traveling on her own, are there any specific dos and don'ts I should think about when traveling to Aqaba? I'll be there for a week over Christmas with two goals: sun/relaxing and visiting Petra. I've never been to this region before...

5 Answers Jul 27, 2012 at 10:37 PM
    • snorkelling in Tala Bay

Aqaba Dec 8, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Hi,

We are spending two days (christmas and boxing day) at Tala Bay and want to snorkel. We have snorkelled in Greece / Turkey and have our own masks/tubes. Our travel company tell us we must pay £24 a day for the privilege... I am wondering, can you just go to the hotel or public beach and enter the water? or is it only by jetty? Since we're on a shoe string budget and there's five of us, is there any way I can get access for £5 a head???

Thanks guys,

Kerry

1 Answer Dec 19, 2011 at 5:12 AM
    • MsLena's Profile Photo

Public beach and hotels

Aqaba Nov 28, 2011 at 1:47 AM

I am considering booking a Thomas Cook trip to Aquba jan 7th. The main purpose of the trip is sunbathing and swimming. If we stay at one of the budget hotels not having a private beach the whole trip costs like nothing. But we also have to use the public beach, or pay to use the resorts beaches. What is the public beach like? Restaurants, sun beds, locals/tourists etc.

The hotels to choose between are Captain’s, Days Inn and Mina. Any suggestions which one to choose? I think my favorite is Captain’s, but it is hard to know from pictures.

Thanks

3 Answers Jan 28, 2012 at 4:20 AM
    • Sharon's Profile Photo

Hotel & Diving

Aqaba Apr 2, 2011 at 2:01 AM

Hi guys,

We want to visit Aqaba and stay in a nice hotel, for a few quiet days.
      We want to have a relaxing days, Some diving (we both are divers)

1. Any experiences with the Dive clubs there ?
      2. Any recommendation for a nice hotel ?

Thanks in Advance,
      Sharon.

Read more: VT Forum temporarily unavailable

4 Answers Apr 3, 2011 at 3:40 AM
    • Wadi Rum

Aqaba Jan 9, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Hi to all.
      In September I will be staying in Taba (Sea Star Hotel) my wish is to travel to Wadi Rum for the day or even stay overnight.
      I have used the border crossing at Taba into Israel a couple of times and a few years ago I took the ferry from Taba Heights on a day package trip to Petra rum by my holiday company which I enjoyed very much.
      On my visit this time I would like to go from Taba through both the Egypt/Israel border crossing and then through the Israel/Jordanian border crossing, I feel I will be ok during this part of my journey with Taxis ect unless anyone has information to the contrary.
      Once through the border and into Jordan what is the best way to get to Wadi Rum? Should I get a taxi direct and then get the same driver to return me to the border later that day?
      Can the Taxi driver take me into Wadi Rum? Or only to the visitors centre?
      Can I get a trip from the visitors centre into the Wadi for the day or can I get one staying overnight under the stars/camping? Returning to Egypt the following night?
      I will be travelling on my own so not sure if this ends up costing much more, I am willing to go by 4x4 or camel into Rum.
      I am a keen photographer and this location is on my to do list before I die, everything I have ever read about Wadi Rum makes me shake with excitement so any tips or advice from members will be most welcome.
      Thanks

Carl

• SaraOh's Profile Photo

Aqaba vs Tala Bay

Aqaba Dec 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Hi!

We are thinking about going to Jordan for a week in January. Our choice is between a 4-star hotel in Tala Bay or a 3-star hotel in Aqaba.

We would appreciate the calmness of Tala Bay but is it maybe a bit boring? Can you go out for a cheap fastfood there at all or are there just hotel restaurants?

Maybe it would be better to stay in Aqaba, even though the hotel is not at all close to the beach.

Any advice?

/Sara

3 Answers Feb 13, 2010 at 9:43 AM
    • Jordan Flower Hotel

Aqaba Jul 1, 2009 at 3:17 AM

Does anyone have a email contact of Jordan Flower Hotel in Aqaba? I can't find it in internet...

thanks

ilaria

1 Answer Jul 1, 2009 at 3:41 AM
    • underwater disposable camera and diving

Aqaba May 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM

hello
      this will be my first time diving what would be the 2 best diving places in aqaba? i would like to see sea horses, whale shark (will be there mid june) turtles, and octopous, also where is the best place to find a resnable price disposable camera in aqaba that can be used underwater and is the store open past 6pm on thursdays to get the camera and how much do they usually cost there? also where is a good place to get the film developed quick onto a cd that can be taken out of the cd and be put up on my computer
      thanks

2 Answers May 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    • myriam_c's Profile Photo

Aqaba to Eilat (Israel)

Aqaba Feb 1, 2009 at 11:25 AM

Hi there,
      How difficult is it to visit Eilat from Aqaba? We've been in Eilat some fifteen years ago and would love to visit again for a day during our stay in Jordan.
      I know there are ferry crossing from Aqaba to Taba in Egypt but I don't find reliable information for a border crossing Jordan/Israel.
      Way back in the mid 90's it was a real pain the a** to visit Aqaba from Eilat, with long lines at the border and waiting times that could be as long as half a day. I'm wondering if the situation has changed in the meantime.
      Anyone?

5 Answers Feb 3, 2009 at 12:34 PM
    • Booking the Aqaba-Nuweiba Ferry during Eid!

Aqaba Dec 9, 2008 at 10:54 AM

Hey all,

A friend of mine and I should be going to Nuweiba/Egypt from Aqaba/Jordan on the 12th of DEc which is also the return time of people making pilgrimage to mecca. You think we could book tickets? We were told we can't book in advance..I would apprecite it if anyone gives me a clue about this cause otherwise we would juist fly from Amman/Jordan instead of going all the way to Aqaba.

Thanks

• Getting to Aqaba from Nuweiba,Egypt

Aqaba Nov 25, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Dear All,

We are 4 friends trying to get to Aqaba from Nuweiba by ferry. We are 2 Egyptians, one French and one American. We have been told that it's not easy for Egyptians to cross to Aqaba. Is this true?

One more thing, does anyone know a travel agency here in Egypt that can help me book the ferry tickets?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
      Sue

• reasonably priced hotel on the sea in Aqaba

Aqaba Aug 10, 2008 at 3:13 AM

i am looking for a suitable hotel to stay in in Aqaba in early october that will be suitable for a 14 year old boy, activites etc, and proximity to the sea, with good facilities.

1 Answer Aug 29, 2008 at 6:15 PM
    • hotel in aqaba

Aqaba Aug 10, 2008 at 2:53 AM

does anyone know of the coral beach hotel in aqaba, whether its a good hotel for family with a 14 year old boy. if the price is reasonable. and access to the sea.

• om_212's Profile Photo

feedback on diving and Place to stay in Aqaba

Aqaba May 28, 2008 at 2:28 AM

I am planning to go to Aqaba in June and I have couple questions.

Diving: I have found some info on the new diving club called Aqaba Adventure Divers Dive Center. have you heard about it? Is it good, bad, ok?

Accomodation: I am looking into staying at the Captains Tourist Hotel. Any feedback on that one? And what would you advice, does it make sense to do a prior reservation or just on the spot?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• traveling from cairo to petra

Aqaba May 22, 2008 at 5:33 AM

I would like to drive my car from cairo to petra through taba. I would like to drive my car all the way to petra and back to cairo. I would like to know whether it is possible to take my car from taba to aqaba by ferry / barge and then drive to petra and back to cairo through the same route. my car has a egyptian number plate.

is it possible? please help

1 Answer Jul 19, 2008 at 4:41 AM
    • Is a one day trip to Aqaba possible

Aqaba Jan 27, 2008 at 7:35 PM

Hi, We will be in Eliat and want to drive a rent a car from Eilat to Aqaba.
      Is there a one day visa available at the boarder crossing.
      Is this the best way to get there for a day trip.
      Thank You Don & Emily

2 Answers Jan 30, 2008 at 10:49 AM
    • boat travel from Aqaba through Suez

Aqaba Apr 16, 2007 at 3:37 PM

Does anyone know of a ship (other than the major cruise lines) that travels the Suez from Aqaba/Sharm/Taba or other ports in that area? I want to spend some time in Petra and Sharm as well as Alexandria and none of the major lines allow enough time in port. I am trying to locate a small specialty ship, likely locally owned.

• Sharon's Profile Photo

ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba abd V/V

Aqaba Mar 2, 2007 at 9:13 AM

Does anybody if there is a ferry from Aqaba to Nuweiba and from
      Nuweiba to Aqaba? does it work on summer only or also on March ?
      Costs ? time tables ? any website to check ?

Thanks in advance !

8 Answers Oct 26, 2008 at 12:56 PM
    • Travel between Aqaba and Eilat

Aqaba Oct 9, 2006 at 7:13 AM

how much cost a taxi between Aqaba and Eilat. Are there Taxis to use? Have i to change the taxi on the border ?

thx

2 Answers Oct 11, 2006 at 9:00 AM
    • Hotels/Timings/Costs etc

Aqaba Sep 2, 2006 at 12:59 AM

Hi, can anyone help.. I am ariving in Aqaba (for the first time) at the end of October, travelling with a friend and two children; 1. has anyone any suggestions about a hotel in Aqaba, estimated prices etc?? 2. How long does it take to get to Petra and realistically what is the best method and what are the costs, when one only has a day to see Petra? 3. the same question for Wadi Rum,(I have read about the necessary guides in Jordan Jubilee!)

Any other suggestions/information, much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Jenny

4 Answers Sep 4, 2006 at 12:27 AM
    • Hotels/Timings/Costs etc

Aqaba Sep 1, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Hi, can anyone help.. I am ariving in Aqaba (for the first time) at the end of October, travelling with a friend and two children; 1. has anyone any suggestions about a hotel in Aqaba, estimated prices etc?? 2. How long does it take to get to Petra and realistically what is the best method and what are the costs, when one only has a day to see Petra? 3. the same question for Wadi Rum,(I have read about the necessary guides in Jordan Jubilee!)

Any other suggestions/information, much appreciated.
      Thanks
      Jenny

1 Answer Sep 9, 2006 at 1:06 AM
    • Diving in Aqaba

Aqaba Jul 17, 2006 at 1:32 PM

Hello to everybody! Would you be so kind as to share your impressions about AQABA and it's diving? It would be great if you describe all the dive sites you visited, what is most interesting and exciting about them! I would be thankful to get some photos as well! Thanks to all!!! :))

2 Answers Jul 20, 2006 at 3:32 AM
    • places to stay in Aqaba and Amman?????

Aqaba Jun 17, 2006 at 12:16 AM

Hello,
      I need some suggestions as to where my family could stay for a week in Aqaba during the month of July? If anyone knows of any vacation apt./villa rentals or suites (Hotels) please let me know ASAP. Also I would also appreciate any recommendations for Amman Jordan as we plan to travel there too. We 3 adults and 2 teens.
      Thanks for your needed help!!
      britucson

1 Answer Jun 17, 2006 at 2:46 AM