Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cool-123's Profile Photo

Petra to Wadi Rum

Petra Jul 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Hi all,

I would like to ask the following questions

1) does it have 6:30am morning bus to Wadi Rum every morning?
      2) can i join the jeep tour (1 day n 1 overnight in Wadi Rum) in Petra?
      3) any recommedations for jeep tour in Wadi Rum?

Thanks in advance

Edith

more
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

How much for a guide for petra

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Thank you everyone for your helpful answers so far on my possible trip to petra (my husband and I just decided today to investigate it as a possible New Years week trip, as it ends up being overall cheaper to go to petra than much closer punta Cana, dr! Plus we aren't resort people.....)--anyway, we would have two full days there and was trying to figure out the cost of a guide for the day-- I see it's recommended to get one at the visitor center, I cannot seem to find a price-- I thought I saw it was roughly $70 usd for about 3 hours? Does anyone know how much the visitor center guides charge?

more

Transport from petra back to Amman on New Year's Day?

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Just wondering. Thoughts on whether it's advisable to leave petra early morning, to drive back to Amman for an 11:05 am flight, on New Year's Day?? I have read if it's snowing, roads could be blocked.

more

Petra at night?

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Is petra at night also done during winter? I am guessing so, I looked at the official website and it didn't specifically say, besides the time the entrance closes in the winter.

more

Popular Muhafazat Ma`an Travel Answer Locations

• Cool-123's Profile Photo

Petra to Wadi Rum

Petra Jul 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Hi all,

I would like to ask the following questions

1) does it have 6:30am morning bus to Wadi Rum every morning?
      2) can i join the jeep tour (1 day n 1 overnight in Wadi Rum) in Petra?
      3) any recommedations for jeep tour in Wadi Rum?

Thanks in advance

Edith

2 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 9:06 AM

How much for a guide for petra

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Thank you everyone for your helpful answers so far on my possible trip to petra (my husband and I just decided today to investigate it as a possible New Years week trip, as it ends up being overall cheaper to go to petra than much closer punta Cana, dr! Plus we aren't resort people.....)--anyway, we would have two full days there and was trying to figure out the cost of a guide for the day-- I see it's recommended to get one at the visitor center, I cannot seem to find a price-- I thought I saw it was roughly $70 usd for about 3 hours? Does anyone know how much the visitor center guides charge?

3 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Transport from petra back to Amman on New Year's Day?

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Just wondering. Thoughts on whether it's advisable to leave petra early morning, to drive back to Amman for an 11:05 am flight, on New Year's Day?? I have read if it's snowing, roads could be blocked.

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Petra at night?

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Is petra at night also done during winter? I am guessing so, I looked at the official website and it didn't specifically say, besides the time the entrance closes in the winter.

4 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM
    • Walking in Petra

Petra May 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I am in my seventies and can walk 10km if not too hilly. What is the level of difficulty getting about Petra?

3 Answers May 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM
    • journey time

Wadi Rum May 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM

How long does it take, by car, to get from Wadi Rum to Palestine?

4 Answers May 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM
    • Lockers for Rent

Petra Apr 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Can someone rent a Locker to store back pack at or around the Petra visitors station?

2 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Driving in Jordan

Petra Mar 31, 2014 at 3:23 AM

Hi,

I was travelling to Jordan next week and wanted to check - how will the route of Amman Airport to Petra to Dana/Kerak to Deadsea resorts will look like. Please let me know on whether Gas/Petrol stations quite common, will route boards be in english, usage of GPS worth and advisable, rest areas on the route etc? If there is a problem with the car, do help available quickly from rental car companies. I prefer taxi, but considering that I will be travelling with little kids, rental car will give me flexibility on when I start, when I stop etc. Any other DOs and DONTs?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • Travel Petra to Sweimeh

Petra Mar 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Please could I have advice regarding transport options between Petra and Sweimeh? Are there alternatives to taking a taxi?
      Thanks very much

1 Answer Mar 29, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    • Petra transportation help

Petra Mar 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hi, I'll be arriving at the Aquba airport on a Friday at 3am.
      I'd like to see the sights in Petra.
      What is the best and cheapest way to get to Petra from the airport? I would need to get to the Petra visitors’ center in Wadi Musa.
      Also, on Saturday, I need to cross the border into Israel so I can take a bus to Jerusalem. The bus leaves from Eilat at 4:30pm. Is there an inexpensive way to get to Eilat from Wadi Musa on a Saturday?
      Thank you so much for your help.

1 Answer Mar 22, 2014 at 4:06 PM
    • How much time do I need to spend at Petra?

Petra Jan 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Is there something more around that place?
      We problably have one full day and a morning.

We have to chosse: one night more in amman or one night more in Petra.......
      What will be the answer?

10 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

Petra Nov 4, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

Hi,

Yesterday (3 November, 2013), while walking around Petra, I lost my Nikon D5200. I had gone into the restroom near the Theatre (next to Marguerite van Geldermalsen's stall) and hung the camera from the hook behind the toilet door. I forgot to take it on my way out and when I came back 10 minutes later, it was gone. The lady who minds the toilet looked around and said no one had turned in anything. No luck with the tourist police either. Even the shopkeepers and donkey / horsemen pleaded ignorance. If anyone happens to come across the camera - please do get in touch via Virtual Tourist. I will be eternally grateful. If you can't reach me, please leave word with Jane at Rocky Mountain Hotel, Wadi Musa. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    • I have a 17 hour layover in Amman Jordan and want to travel to petra

Petra Oct 12, 2013 at 12:25 PM

-is it safe to drive to Petra overnight
      - will i make it back to amman airport for my 12 flight , if I leave Petra by 8AM on a monday december 30
      -what time do the tourist attractions open? ( as I want to go to one of the tourist sites

2 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    • transportation

Petra Oct 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

getting from israel to petra?

3 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    • transportation

Petra Oct 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM

best way to get to petra from israel

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    • Will my plan of 1 day in petra & 1 day at the Dead Sea work?

Petra Aug 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM

We are visiting Jordan in 2 weeks. We arrive into Amman at 9.30am, plan to drive to the Dead Sea, spend the day there, staying the night at Holiday inn in sowayma. Early next morning drive to Petra, spend the day exploring, including a night tour, then the next morning drive back to Amman airport and fly out.
      I know this is a rushed tour but do you think it is possible? We are both quite fit so hiking for a full day will not be a problem for us.
      Thanks for any tips or advice.

6 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • polarixing filter

Petra Aug 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

is a poarizing filter useful at petra, jordan

4 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • From Amman to Petra

Petra Jul 16, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Hi, We are planning a trip to Dubai, but would like to stop in Amman, in order to visit Petra. My question is, how should I do this?
      Our plan is to travel from Glasgow to Dubai, and spend a couple of days in Dubai , and then fly Dubai to Amman. What is the best way to get to Petra from Amman, and spend 2 to 3 days in Petra (Not sure if its worh going for a tour operator, or just planning our own trip?). Then fly back from Amman to Dubai for 2 - 3 days and then back to Glasgow. Also we are planning to go end of August, is this a good time? Sorry for all the questions - any help much appreciated.....Thanks

6 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    • From Amman to Petra

Petra Jul 16, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Hi, We are planning a trip to Dubai, but would like to stop in Amman, in order to visit Petra. My question is, how much is the traveling time , what is the best way to get to Petra from Amman, and if a day trip will be sufficient . Also we are planning to go end of August, is this a good time? Thanks

• Not sure

Petra Jan 9, 2013 at 12:58 PM

I want to know if it is absolutely necassary to book budget hostels in advance in Jordan. I will be there for most of June.

9 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 9:12 AM
    • From Amman to Petra

Petra Aug 19, 2012 at 8:17 AM

Hi,

We are planning a trip to Dubai, but would like to stop in Amman, in order to visit Petra.
      My question is, how much is the traveling time , what is the best way to get to Petra from Amman , and if a day trip will be sufficient . Also we are planning to go in early February , is this a good time?

Your help will be appreciated.

6 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    • indyblu's Profile Photo

Petra to Aqba/ Eilat

Petra Aug 1, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Hey all,
      I'm looking at getting from Petra to Eilat. WHats the best way of doing this?
      thanks

8 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM
    • bojomacaraig's Profile Photo

PETRA on December 2012

Petra Jul 14, 2012 at 5:24 AM

Who's going to Petra Jordan in December 2012? (coming from Eliat Israel to cross aqaba border..)

• srorly's Profile Photo

Sleeping with Bedouins

Petra Jul 6, 2012 at 4:29 AM

Hi,
      Anyone know if it is possible to sleep in Petra with a Bedouin family?
      Thanks,
      Orlando

5 Answers Jun 22, 2013 at 9:05 AM
    • indyblu's Profile Photo

Amman to Petra!!

Petra Jul 3, 2012 at 12:58 PM

Hey does anyone know if the Abdali bus station is still closed? i heard that i had to take a bus from Tabarbour Bus Station...

i want to get to Petra.. and i arrive in amman at 8pm, so will get the Jett bus at 6.30, where is the bus station and where is the best place to stay?

many thanks

• BalletBarb's Profile Photo

Have I left it a bit late?

Petra May 21, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I'm a lone female of 73 and have wanted to visit Petra all my life. Now I have the wherewithall to arrange my 'dream' tour I look at all these postings and fret that I may not be up to the long walk in the sun to see the sights, I am not disabled but just a bit lacking in stamina these days.
      I really do not like the donkey and camel rides offered in the Middle East, the animals look emaciated and flea-ridden and seem to be very badly treated.
      At first I had intended to spend a whole week in Petra but it would seem a couple of days would be enough - is it possible to add a Petra visit onto another tour of (say) Israel or Jordan? I know we don't have advertising on here but can anyone recommend a good tour compant I could contack from UK?

19 Answers Jul 15, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    • SummerHighlandFalls's Profile Photo

Petra to Aqaba - Public Transport ?

Petra May 7, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Hi
      Visiting Jordan for a week at the end of May, and am going to stay at Petra for two nights. Can anyone tell me if there is any bus or coach that leaves Petra for Aqaba in the morning, I know Jett run a service in the afternoon but I would like to leave early morning, spend the day in Aqaba, before taking the Jett bus to Amman in the afternoon/evening.
      I know a taxi is an option but I am trying to keep costs down.
      Many thanks in advance
      Tony

3 Answers May 21, 2012 at 5:53 AM
    • SLSong88's Profile Photo

petra routes

Petra Apr 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM

thank you all for your replies

we will be visiting Little Petra on the 3rd day.
      We have checked the net and there are so many different routes too take in Petra. We are hoping to cover as much as possible.

I think we will stick too uour original route.

thank you

1 Answer Apr 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    • SLSong88's Profile Photo

Routes to take in Petra

Petra Apr 8, 2012 at 9:08 AM

We will be going to Jordan on 19/4/2012 and we intend to spend 2 days in Petra as there is a lot to see.

Can someone please tell me if there is any standard route or do I tell the guide what I want to see?

Beside the straight route from the Siq to the Monastery, can someone please what are the must see sights?

Thank you

5 Answers Apr 8, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    • Jordan travel question

Petra Apr 8, 2012 at 8:40 AM

I would welcome inputs as to whether my trip plans are too aggressive from a timing perspective;

day 1 evening arrive amman airport -rent car and drive to madaba (hotel there)
      day 2 explore madab in the morning and drive to petra (via Kings highway)with stop in Karak (hotel Petra)

day 3 explore Petra stay in Petra

day 4 go to wadi Rum and then in evening drive to Aqaba

day 5 drive up dead Sea highway from Petra back to Madaba (get near airport for hotel)

day 6 depart am to US

Thanks...if you see a better way to do this let me know. The parts I am concerned with is seeing Madaba,Karak and getting to Petra in one day as well as the last day

5 Answers Apr 10, 2012 at 1:58 PM