Muhafazat Ma`an

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Holy Day and Holiday

Jordan Sep 25, 2015 at 1:04 AM

Hi everyone! I am going to Jordan in the first half of October. I found out that in these days they will celebrate the Islamic New Year's Eve. Has anyone experienced it while in Jordan? Which are the travel limitations? Are taxis and buses available for tourists?
      Moreover, I was wondering on Friday which are the limitations too.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards

• How to get from Aqaba to wadi hasa via bus

Jordan Oct 1, 2015 at 2:56 PM

Hi everyone!
      I heared that there is a bus from Aqaba to Tafilah, can we take a cab from there?
      How is the bus? and which company operates it?
      thanks guys!

• Narunj's Profile Photo

Half Day trip to Dead Sea

Dead Sea Sep 16, 2015 at 12:39 PM

I'm currently in Amman and would like to travel to Dead Sea tomorrow. I'm planning to take the Jett bus, which leaves Amman at 9am and then leaves Dead Sea back for Amman at 5pm.

I would appreciate if someone let me know:

- Are there different stations to get off Jett bus in Dead Sea or only one station? If there are several stations, which one is better chose in terms of finding a better beach?

- About the beach: which one is good in terms of both pricing and conditions?

- Are there any restaurants nearby so that we don't starve till 5pm? :))

• blueangelgrace's Profile Photo

Itinerary for a 4-day tour

Amman Sep 14, 2015 at 2:35 AM

Can anyone suggest a must see places, mode of transportation, travel time, do's and don'ts in Jordan for a 4-day tour. Arriving Amman, Jordan at 12:50 am on the 23rd September and leaving 26th September 09:00 am.

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Popular Muhafazat Ma`an Travel Answer Locations

• From Wadi Musa or Petra to Amman on Shabbat

Petra Jul 31, 2015 at 8:11 PM

We will go to Petra on Thursday and will stay overnight at Wadi Musa. The day after (Friday) we want to go onto Jerusalen vía Amman. I know that there is a bus running daily in the afternoon (17.00?) from Petra to Amman, but I also know that it arrives late at night. Is possible to cross the bridge onto Israel at that time on Shabbat?
      Otherwise, which is the fastest way to go by public transport from Petra to Jerusalem starting on Friday morning?

2 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 11:15 PM
    • how many days do i plan in petra jordan

Petra Jul 20, 2015 at 12:28 AM

how many days do I spend in petra jordan ? is two sufficient?

4 Answers Jul 20, 2015 at 5:59 AM
    • travel4cheap's Profile Photo

Aquaba border to Wadi Rum afternoon jeep tour / Petra following morning?

Wadi Rum Jul 16, 2015 at 5:50 PM

Hello, I am backpacker on a super tight budget. I am entering Jordan via Aqaba border around 3 or 4 pm depending on the traffic. There seems to be very limited transportation available. I really want to spend only night in the Wadi Rum and do a 4 hour jeep tour and then do Petra. Ideally, I only want to spend one night in the desert, but to my understand most of the jeep tour start in the morning and includes a over night stay.

So, is there any companies that offers jeep tour in the late afternoon, stay over night and allowed me take bus to Petra early in the morning.

Other than taxi for Aqaba border to Wadi Rum, is there any other option or other buses in the late afternoon going from Aqaba to Wadi Rum. I heard a lot of conflicting morning buses schedule for Wadi Rum to Petra, does anyone have any update?

I really want to do the jeep tour, but I really have tight budget and time, its difficult for me to stay there wait for entire night for the morning tour, stay for another nights before going to Petra.

Any recommendation and suggestions?

Thanks so much for the your help!

6 Answers Jul 17, 2015 at 7:22 PM
    • 2-day Petra trip

Petra Apr 21, 2015 at 2:05 PM

The trip I am thinking of doe not start from Eilat like many others. You start in Jerusalem and cross thru Sheikh Husseiin, visit Jerash and Amman and spend the night at a Bedouin campsite in Petra the first day. The second day you explore Petra until mid-afternoon and then cross back into Israel via the Allenby Bridge and return to Jerusalem.
      The company offering it is Petra from Israel.
      Any thoughts about this?

Heard of this company?
      Sound safe?

2 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 8:18 AM
    • Petra from Israel tour group

Petra Apr 21, 2015 at 9:48 AM

Anyone had any experience with this company?

7 Answers Apr 22, 2015 at 6:41 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Petra entrance ticket payment

Petra Jan 21, 2015 at 12:28 AM

There states credit card payment is accepted with limit. What exactly is the limit? Meaning on Visa/Master, no Union/AE?

1 Answer Jan 21, 2015 at 12:03 PM
    • Weather and travel from Amman to petra on Jan 8th 15

Petra Jan 8, 2015 at 7:06 AM

How is the weather? We have reservations for tomorrow and are planning to come there from amman tomorrow. Is that safe? Because of the snow. anyone out there who can answer.

5 Answers Jan 9, 2015 at 7:48 AM
    • Poling's Profile Photo

Stay overnight inside and time to spend

Petra Dec 23, 2014 at 4:03 AM

first of all, I wish to know if it is legal to stay inside the area, like in a Beidoin cave/camp? (my purpose is to save the effort to walk all along the Siq every day.)
      second, if I get the 3-day pass, how should I organize the area to see each day? (To me 2-day is not much different from 3-day stay, but I guess I can be more relaxed if I divide Petra into 3 days?)
      Thank you!

5 Answers Dec 24, 2014 at 1:39 AM
    • Winter in Wadi Rum

Wadi Rum Sep 13, 2014 at 3:04 AM

Any advice about staying in a Bedouin camp in mid winter?

1 Answer Jul 16, 2015 at 6:55 PM
    • Anything to see in Jordan besides Petra?

Petra Aug 31, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I want to go to Petra with a few friends coming from abroad. They don't want to come to Israel because of the security situation (although it has calmed down), but I feel like spending more than a few days in Jordan won't be that interesting. I just don't know of any place worth visiting besides Petra and Wadi Rum, perhaps Aqaba. My suggestion is to go on a Petra tour from Eilat, in Israel, and spend most of their two weeks touring Israel instead.

What do you think?

10 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 11:57 PM
    • Safe travel in Jordan?

Petra Aug 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Would it be safe for us to travel from Amman to Petra right now?

13 Answers Dec 7, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • Cool-123's Profile Photo

Petra to Wadi Rum

Petra Jul 2, 2014 at 7:18 PM

Hi all,

I would like to ask the following questions

1) does it have 6:30am morning bus to Wadi Rum every morning?
      2) can i join the jeep tour (1 day n 1 overnight in Wadi Rum) in Petra?
      3) any recommedations for jeep tour in Wadi Rum?

Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jul 19, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    • monicarc's Profile Photo

How much for a guide for petra

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Thank you everyone for your helpful answers so far on my possible trip to petra (my husband and I just decided today to investigate it as a possible New Years week trip, as it ends up being overall cheaper to go to petra than much closer punta Cana, dr! Plus we aren't resort people.....)--anyway, we would have two full days there and was trying to figure out the cost of a guide for the day-- I see it's recommended to get one at the visitor center, I cannot seem to find a price-- I thought I saw it was roughly $70 usd for about 3 hours? Does anyone know how much the visitor center guides charge?

3 Answers Jun 28, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Transport from petra back to Amman on New Year's Day?

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Just wondering. Thoughts on whether it's advisable to leave petra early morning, to drive back to Amman for an 11:05 am flight, on New Year's Day?? I have read if it's snowing, roads could be blocked.

3 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Petra at night?

Petra Jun 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM

Is petra at night also done during winter? I am guessing so, I looked at the official website and it didn't specifically say, besides the time the entrance closes in the winter.

4 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM
    • Walking in Petra

Petra May 29, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I am in my seventies and can walk 10km if not too hilly. What is the level of difficulty getting about Petra?

3 Answers May 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM
    • journey time

Wadi Rum May 8, 2014 at 8:54 AM

How long does it take, by car, to get from Wadi Rum to Palestine?

2 Answers Nov 18, 2014 at 10:32 PM
    • Lockers for Rent

Petra Apr 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM

Can someone rent a Locker to store back pack at or around the Petra visitors station?

2 Answers Apr 25, 2014 at 9:04 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Driving in Jordan

Petra Mar 31, 2014 at 3:23 AM

I was travelling to Jordan next week and wanted to check - how will the route of Amman Airport to Petra to Dana/Kerak to Deadsea resorts will look like. Please let me know on whether Gas/Petrol stations quite common, will route boards be in english, usage of GPS worth and advisable, rest areas on the route etc? If there is a problem with the car, do help available quickly from rental car companies. I prefer taxi, but considering that I will be travelling with little kids, rental car will give me flexibility on when I start, when I stop etc. Any other DOs and DONTs?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 5:22 AM
    • Travel Petra to Sweimeh

Petra Mar 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM

Please could I have advice regarding transport options between Petra and Sweimeh? Are there alternatives to taking a taxi?
      Thanks very much

1 Answer Mar 29, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    • Petra transportation help

Petra Mar 22, 2014 at 10:39 AM

Hi, I'll be arriving at the Aquba airport on a Friday at 3am.
      I'd like to see the sights in Petra.
      What is the best and cheapest way to get to Petra from the airport? I would need to get to the Petra visitors’ center in Wadi Musa.
      Also, on Saturday, I need to cross the border into Israel so I can take a bus to Jerusalem. The bus leaves from Eilat at 4:30pm. Is there an inexpensive way to get to Eilat from Wadi Musa on a Saturday?
      Thank you so much for your help.

1 Answer Jul 19, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    • How much time do I need to spend at Petra?

Petra Jan 29, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Is there something more around that place?
      We problably have one full day and a morning.

We have to chosse: one night more in amman or one night more in Petra.......
      What will be the answer?

10 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

Petra Nov 4, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Lost Nikon DSLR camera in Petra

Yesterday (3 November, 2013), while walking around Petra, I lost my Nikon D5200. I had gone into the restroom near the Theatre (next to Marguerite van Geldermalsen's stall) and hung the camera from the hook behind the toilet door. I forgot to take it on my way out and when I came back 10 minutes later, it was gone. The lady who minds the toilet looked around and said no one had turned in anything. No luck with the tourist police either. Even the shopkeepers and donkey / horsemen pleaded ignorance. If anyone happens to come across the camera - please do get in touch via Virtual Tourist. I will be eternally grateful. If you can't reach me, please leave word with Jane at Rocky Mountain Hotel, Wadi Musa. Thanks

2 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM
    • I have a 17 hour layover in Amman Jordan and want to travel to petra

Petra Oct 12, 2013 at 12:25 PM

-is it safe to drive to Petra overnight
      - will i make it back to amman airport for my 12 flight , if I leave Petra by 8AM on a monday december 30
      -what time do the tourist attractions open? ( as I want to go to one of the tourist sites

2 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    • transportation

Petra Oct 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

getting from israel to petra?

3 Answers Oct 10, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    • transportation

Petra Oct 8, 2013 at 7:15 PM

best way to get to petra from israel

1 Answer Oct 9, 2013 at 4:20 AM
    • Will my plan of 1 day in petra & 1 day at the Dead Sea work?

Petra Aug 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM

We are visiting Jordan in 2 weeks. We arrive into Amman at 9.30am, plan to drive to the Dead Sea, spend the day there, staying the night at Holiday inn in sowayma. Early next morning drive to Petra, spend the day exploring, including a night tour, then the next morning drive back to Amman airport and fly out.
      I know this is a rushed tour but do you think it is possible? We are both quite fit so hiking for a full day will not be a problem for us.
      Thanks for any tips or advice.

6 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM
    • polarixing filter

Petra Aug 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

is a poarizing filter useful at petra, jordan

4 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • From Amman to Petra

Petra Jul 16, 2013 at 3:28 AM

Hi, We are planning a trip to Dubai, but would like to stop in Amman, in order to visit Petra. My question is, how should I do this?
      Our plan is to travel from Glasgow to Dubai, and spend a couple of days in Dubai , and then fly Dubai to Amman. What is the best way to get to Petra from Amman, and spend 2 to 3 days in Petra (Not sure if its worh going for a tour operator, or just planning our own trip?). Then fly back from Amman to Dubai for 2 - 3 days and then back to Glasgow. Also we are planning to go end of August, is this a good time? Sorry for all the questions - any help much appreciated.....Thanks

6 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 5:59 AM
    • From Amman to Petra

Petra Jul 16, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Hi, We are planning a trip to Dubai, but would like to stop in Amman, in order to visit Petra. My question is, how much is the traveling time , what is the best way to get to Petra from Amman, and if a day trip will be sufficient . Also we are planning to go end of August, is this a good time? Thanks

-1 Answer Jul 16, 2013 at 3:30 AM