Muhafazat Kafr ash Shaykh

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cairo to Sharm ISA tomorrow

Sharm El Sheikh 1 hours ago

i will travel form Cairo to Sharm tomorrow morning , i have 2 seat if anyone would like to join

Ahmed

more
    • Travel during election time

Cairo Apr 5, 2014 at 9:25 AM

I am a 56 year old mother who will be traveling with my son (30) and his friend (24) to Sharm May 24-31, then plan on spending 4 days in Cairo, May 31-June 4. With the upcoming elections, what are your thoughts as far as safety/timing? We are all American citizens

more
    • nabq taxi or bus

Egypt Apr 5, 2014 at 4:45 AM

Can anyone please tell me weather I should use bus or taxi to get about from nabq bay to sharm etc and any idea on prices please.

more
    • Aswan airport transfer

Aswan Apr 13, 2014 at 1:14 AM

What is the usual taxi fare from Aswan airport to central Aswan?

more
    • Is it safe to visit Cairo?

Cairo Apr 3, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Hi, we are planning a trip in August and have a stop-over at Cairo for 13 hours (12:30 pm - 2 am) and 17 hours (6 am - 8:45pm) both ways. I was thinking about doing the Museum on one day and the Pyramids / Sphinx on the other. Could you please tell me if it is safe to travel outside to the city? I read an article which said that the Egyptian government is wooing tourists to visit places like Luxor and Aswan, but are not promoting Cairo. Also would you advice that we do both on the same day?

more
    • Latest Train travel in Egypt from Cairo to Luxor and suitable to travel with 5 year old??

Egypt Mar 31, 2014 at 2:08 PM

Hi there,

I've been to Egypt several times but not for 10 years. I'm a UK passport holder and I'm debating about going with my inquisitive 5 year old daughter in May and taking by train from Cairo to Luxor. Can anyone tell me if the day trains are still running between Cairo and Luxor and how you can book a ticket? Also, its a repeated question but how safe would Cairo and Luxor be with a 5 year old? I've had great experiences in the past but not sure what to expect now!

Many Thanks

Richard

more
    • travel from hurgharda to dahab

Egypt Apr 18, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Hi is it safe for us to drive from Hurgharda to Dahab , we are british and moving to Dahab in june. is there a ferry from Hurgharda to Sharm ??

more
    • Should I visit Cairo?

Cairo Apr 16, 2014 at 2:03 AM

Greetings, I am thinking visiting Cairo to see the Pyramids and such a couple days after the elections? Is this advisable? Will is be safe after the elections? Thanks for any advice and help you can give me.

more
    • UNSURE AND SCARED

Cairo Apr 2, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Just really frightened by whats going on in cairio , i fly out on the 16th May and have been told that the elections take place 26th-27th may i am going there to get married , i actually dont know what to do , this is the only time i have off from work and need to do this this year , my flights are booked , can anyone shed somelight as to their thoughts please

more
    • Bombs attacks in Cairo

Egypt Apr 2, 2014 at 8:26 AM

We travelling from South Africa to Egypt from the 17th April to the 29th of April. WOrried about the uprising and bomb attacks in Cairo. Should we cancel our trip? Is it safe to travel to Egypt anymore?

more
    • Travelling to Eygpt in August 2014

Egypt Mar 30, 2014 at 6:14 AM

Im doing a tour of the major acient sites around Eygpt and i was wondering if anyone else was planning trips around this time and if i should be concernced for my safety? Im travelling with a tour company with two males and another female.

more
    • Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh?

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 24, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh?

more
    • going to Hurghada in april 2014

Hurghada Mar 24, 2014 at 2:38 AM

is Hurghada safe now? seems alot of travllers have had no problems there with security etc?

more
    • should I cancel my August Holiday 2014?

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi
      Please could someone advice? my 12 year old and I are going to Sharm Grand Plaza Resort Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt for two weeks in beginning of August, its our first holiday for years..Yet now many people are saying we should cancel it as it will be way to hot! I feel stupid for not checking before booking! Hotel and area has great reviews and look beautiful! but i'm worried it would be ridiculously hot for us brits? Any advice please?

more
    • Day excursions

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 18, 2014 at 4:21 PM

Hi all

My girlfriend and I are arriving in Sharm, staying at the Hilton in Sharks Bay. We have looked at some things to do, in particular the quad biking, St Catherines and desert star gazing trips.

Is it cheaper or better to buy these trips when we are over there?? I see they are advertised through companies over the internet but want to get the best deal possible and was considering buying before we go.

Is there any other trips that are a must do when we are there, first time going to Sharm so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

more
    • VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR CONNECTING FLIGHT FROM CAIRO

Egypt Apr 13, 2014 at 11:44 AM

Hi, we are british citezens and will be travelling to Hurghada in August. Both ways we have a short stop over in Cairo and connecting flight (3 hours stop overs) . will we require a visa for Cairo and a separate visa for Hurghada? if so how much does the Cairo visa cost? Hurghada is around £10 per person.

more
    • Advice on solo travel/working

Egypt Apr 1, 2014 at 9:37 AM

Hello,

I need some advice a friend of mine is considering working in Egypt she's only young (19) and will possibly be traveling solo. I don't mind her going out there, I think it would be great for her! Just a little worried about her safety as I would really hate it if anything happened to her while she's out there.

While we were on holiday a few months ago, there were several guys and staff at that matter who gave her a lot of attention and being a bit straight forward with her.

Many thanks

more
    • From Alexandria to Cairo by boat (yacht or dahabyia)?

Egypt Apr 8, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I am doing research for a book. I have been in love with Egypt since I was 6 years old, but unfortunately never had the opportunity (read: money) to visit that country. I am looking for information on the navigability of the Nile coming from Alexandria going to Cairo, in the late 1890's, early 1900's. Yes, I know the Nile does not exactly reach that city, because it turns into a delta. But from what I've seen of old maps of Alexandria, there was a connection from the harbor through side canals--I think one was the Mahamoudieh Canal, if my memory serves me right--that allowed small boats to reach the Nile river. I believe there was a dam built near Cairo, that had sluices, but can't find exact dates. I would be very thankful of any information anyone could advance.

more

Popular Muhafazat Kafr ash Shaykh Travel Answer Locations

• Is it hot in Dahab in Jan

Kawm ad Dahab Jun 26, 2013 at 4:50 AM

I am going with my family to Dahab on the 29th December for 11 nights and was hoping it would be hot enough to sun bathe and swim in the pool. Has anyone been this Jan?

thanks

Louise

4 Answers Jul 2, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • Dahab 16th dec into the new year

Kawm ad Dahab Nov 30, 2012 at 12:24 AM

hi i'm flying gatwick to (ssh) then going to dahab for christmas and new year. It'll be my first time there. booked into sindbad camp on friends' recommendation, looks great right on the beach. i'm no diver but will probably give it a go. If anyone is travelling on the 16th from gatwick fancy hooking up for the journey. 35 male.

• succotash's Profile Photo

Meeting locals

Kawm ad Dahab Jun 29, 2011 at 3:30 AM

As previously independant travellers we've been seduced by a bargain flight/b&b at a resort hotel at the end of July.
      If the boys (15 & 13) want to escape the compound and take a bus into Dahab to find some lads for a kickabout, is there a piece of open ground where the sporty locals tend to hang out? Alternatively are there local housing areas within walking distance of the gates of the Hilton?
      Assuming they need to carry ID, I take it that a photocopy of their passport and a contact number of the hotel sufficient? Are there public phones on the streets if they have a problem and if so what change do they need to carry to use them?
      The boys only have a word or two of Arabic, but do they teach either English or French in schools here?
      Apologies for the jumbled myriad of queries and thanks in advance for any help you can give.

• pakinam's Profile Photo

hi

Kawm ad Dahab Nov 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM

Hi im 17 years old and planning to go to dahab at new years alone. so anyone have any ideas on how to spend ? i also need a friendly small hotel on the beach anyone have any suggestions?

4 Answers Feb 5, 2011 at 5:30 PM
    • cro_gavran's Profile Photo

From Cairo (or Ismailia) to Dahab

Kawm ad Dahab Sep 12, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Hello!

I red in Lonely Planet that there are sometimes all tickets for bus from Ismailia and cairo to Dahab sold few days before. Is it true? I plan to come on the begining of november, is there lot of tourist in that time?

Peter

1 Answer Sep 15, 2010 at 7:31 AM
    • jacquisuiza's Profile Photo

Christmas time with children

Kawm ad Dahab May 12, 2009 at 5:55 AM

I am planing my christmas holiday and am thinking about going to Dahab with my 15 and 8 y.o. sons.
      We like to swim and snorkel, eating seafood and pizza, playing soccer on the beach, do some shopping.
      Do you think that Dahab will be the place for us to spend christmas and new years days with out daddy.
      We are used to travel solo in Nicaragua and South America. I made the pady open water in swiss lakes and haven’t been diving for 10 years, perhap will try it again.
      Do you know a small hotel, bed and breakfast on the beach, near the town center, that is children friendly, with a small swimming pool? We would also like to make the one or other excursion to the desert, not specially with camels, but perhaps overnight stay in the desert, or will december be to chilly?

Thanks for your help
      Jacqueline

2 Answers Oct 17, 2009 at 1:37 PM
    • No Smoking in Dahab??

Kawm ad Dahab Feb 21, 2009 at 6:05 AM

Here's an interesting (and, for us, important) question!

We're spending about a week in Dahab end March/early April with bed & breakfast at a small hotel in the Assalah area.

We're both non-smokers and as a mild asthma sufferer, my wife finds cigarette smoke particularly unpleasant.

Anyone know any Non-Smoking restaurants nearby? Presumably at this time of year the evening temperature will be too cool to eat out-of-doors?

Help, please, for two difficult travellers!

4 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 3:33 PM
    • Travelling from Dahab to jerusalem

Kawm ad Dahab Oct 26, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Am planning a holiday to Dahab early next year and would like to go on to visit Petra and Jerusalem whats the cheapest and safest way to do this will be in Dahab a total of 9 nights.so was thinking of goin on a tour for 4 days.
      Many thanks

1 Answer Oct 27, 2008 at 1:40 AM
    • TJS1's Profile Photo

Around about Dahab

Kawm ad Dahab Oct 20, 2008 at 5:14 AM

Hi All,
      I am arriving in Dahab Dec 6th 2008 for 37 nights. I am planning to have a relaxing time re-charging my batteries in the Red Sea sun. I am looking forward to doing some walking daily, ideally around 5 - 10 miles.My question is - is it safe to walk outside of the town, either along the coast, or inland on your own? If not are there any organised walks in the area?
      Regards,
      TJ

2 Answers Mar 8, 2009 at 7:50 AM
    • elektrakl's Profile Photo

I want to visit Dahab in either May or September??? Anyone game?

Kawm ad Dahab Feb 18, 2008 at 6:56 AM

Greetings travelers! I reside in Houston, TX and know a professional Dive Master in Dahab that will arrange a tour consisting of a 90 minute camel ride and several dives. I plan to fly into Cairo and take it from there but truly need a female traveling companion. Contact me here if interested!

Yours Truly,
      Carolyn M. Knight

• Sea Water and Night Temperature in March / Travel Companion in Dahab in mid March

Kawm ad Dahab Feb 13, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Hello,
      I am planning to come to Dahab fo a 2 week holiday in middle of March.

I have a few questions for you:

1. Is sea water in march warm enough to swim?

4. Should i bring moscuito repellent?

5. How is temperature at night in march?

6. Anyone else is going there too and would like to have a travel buddy?

Thanks a lot
      Sincerely
      Layla

1 Answer Mar 3, 2010 at 1:02 AM
    • Is Dahab safe after Rafah border colapse?

Kawm ad Dahab Feb 8, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Hi all,
      Planning for Mt.Sinai trip in March and need to know about its safety. Is it safe for overnight Mt. Sinai climbing after Rafah border colapse? What will be the precautions for (American) traveller? Any advices are greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.

1 Answer Mar 8, 2009 at 7:40 AM
    • Activities In Dahab

Kawm ad Dahab Feb 1, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Hi

I'm heading to Dahab for 8 nights in April and just wanted to know the sort of prices i should expect for activities. We are planning to go our open water PADI certificates, Take a day trip to Petra and a Quad biking trip into the desert. I have been looking on the internet but cant find any prices.
      We also wanted to do something like sand dune surfing but not sure if it is available.
      Thanks

1 Answer Feb 13, 2008 at 2:04 AM
    • Rental apartment in Dahab

Kawm ad Dahab Oct 24, 2007 at 3:59 PM

My husband and I are spending the New Year in Dahab and would like a small, furnished apartment for 6 nights. We'd like to be near the beach and town so that we don't need transport. All sites I've looked at don't meet all criteria. Any suggestions?

4 Answers Oct 29, 2007 at 4:27 PM
    • Heavens-Mirror's Profile Photo

Visa for Dahab

Kawm ad Dahab May 1, 2007 at 3:33 AM

Hi fellow vt'ers
      i am going to Dahab in Nov with my fiance. We are uk citizens and want to know if we need a tourist visa. I have read that you dont need one if you are staying in Sharm El Sheikh or scuba diving in the surrounding area.

I know Dahab is about an hour from Sharm so wondered whether we would need one!

Thanks in advance,
      Stacey xxx

4 Answers May 9, 2007 at 3:41 PM

More info on Dahab...What to do, Where to go?

Kawm ad Dahab Apr 22, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Hi
      Me & my fiance will be travelling to Dahab in Nov and staying at the Hilton Dahab.
      We would love to know what not to miss out on whilst there.
      We went to Sharm el sheikh 2 years ago and loved it but wanted to try Dahab this time.
      We would like to do the stars & bedoiun dinner, read sea cruise day and would also like to know some great places to eat out.
      Also if anyone knows how much a taxi/bus be from Sharm airport to Dahab?

Thank you in advance,
      Stacey xxx

8 Answers May 9, 2007 at 4:00 PM

Hilton Dahab

Kawm ad Dahab Apr 22, 2007 at 3:41 AM

Has anyone stayed at this hotel?
      Im thinkin of going in Dec... it looks fantastic and id love to hear more about it also also Dahab as ive not been before.

Thanks,
      Stacey xxxx

1 Answer Apr 22, 2007 at 7:08 AM
    • Dahab to Petra

Kawm ad Dahab Mar 22, 2007 at 3:56 PM

Hi there! I wanted to know, if its possible to go from Dahab and visit Petra in 1 day? If so , how, and how much? Thx!

2 Answers May 9, 2007 at 2:51 PM
    • kika000's Profile Photo

DAHAB in JANURAY and the ALF LEILA HOTEL

Kawm ad Dahab Dec 14, 2006 at 4:45 AM

Hello! Anyone has been to Dahab in January?? Would lioke to know how cold it gets?? Also, has anyone stayed at the Alf Leila Hotel? It's very diffucult to find indpendent reviews as it seems to be a new one!
      Cheers..

3 Answers Dec 27, 2006 at 6:24 AM
    • kika000's Profile Photo

DAHAB in JANURAY and the ALF LEILA HOTEL

Kawm ad Dahab Dec 14, 2006 at 4:00 AM

Hello! Anyone has been to Dahab in January?? Would lioke to know how cold it gets?? Also, has anyone stayed at the Alf Leila Hotel? It's very diffucult to find indpendent reviews as it seems to be a new one!
      Cheers..

• diving and surfing at Dahab Egypt?

Kawm ad Dahab Aug 25, 2006 at 1:51 PM

Hello,

Any body experience with a diving and surfing vacation at Dahab? Is there a good laid back spot where we can do both? I am looking for a place somewhere around dahab for the end of September.
      What is the nightlife like? Is there any or will it be a hard-core healty diving/surfing holiday?

Thanks for the tips!

Boris from amsterdam.

1 Answer Aug 26, 2006 at 1:28 AM
    • Puree4617's Profile Photo

Blue beach Club??

Kawm ad Dahab May 1, 2006 at 7:36 AM

Anybody out there have any experience with the Blue beach Club or -Hotel? I plan on going there with my wife end of May. It is difficult to find any reveiws on them. They have a nice package deal called Red Sea Experience, 395 euros for 10 dives, including safaridive, thistlegorm, ras mohammed, plus accommodation.
      Comments anyone?
      Lud

2 Answers May 4, 2006 at 12:07 PM
    • marcelArnhem's Profile Photo

DAHAB anyone???

Kawm ad Dahab Mar 31, 2006 at 9:28 AM

I will be in Dahab from april 18-25 roughly.... who is going there too?? Anybody looking for a dive buddy?? or travelbuddy?>

2 Answers Apr 9, 2006 at 5:23 PM
    • ritzcrackerd's Profile Photo

trips to st. catherine's?

Kawm ad Dahab Mar 25, 2006 at 5:22 AM

hi, i'm travelling to dahab on tuesday april 4 and i am wondering if anyone has any info on night buses or tours i can join so that i can watch the sun rise on mt. sinai. i'm also interested in finding a bus that goes back to cairo the next morning april 5 from st. catherine's. thanks for any tips!

• Dahab anyone? (end March / early April)

Kawm ad Dahab Feb 26, 2006 at 7:41 AM

Hi there, I'll be in Dahab on my own for a week, arriving March 27. Would be great to find some company from VT there. I'm not a diver and not so much into snorkeling, but would like to do some trips into the desert (Coloured Canyon, Ain Khudra, camel riding). I stay in a hotel in Mashraba.
      Just drop me a mail...
      A.

2 Answers Mar 8, 2006 at 1:51 PM
    • Globtrotter's Profile Photo

What is there to do/see around Dahab?

Kawm ad Dahab Jan 12, 2006 at 6:42 AM

Hi, I'm in Dahab for another two weeks or so and I was wondering if someone could suggest things to do or see around Dahab besides diving and windsurfing.

Please note that we are traveling with a baby so shaky jeep or camel trips are out of the questions... the only thing I have found is the St. Catherine's monastery.

Anything else?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2006 at 10:14 PM
    • Nirvana Hotel/Restaurant

Kawm ad Dahab Nov 14, 2005 at 6:55 AM

I have been trying to contact the Nirvana in Dahab to book a room but can't get the reservation form up on the website, and I don't seem to be getting any reply from the emails - any ideas? Many Thanks

1 Answer Nov 15, 2005 at 12:26 AM
    • Christina Hotel/Palace

Kawm ad Dahab Nov 14, 2005 at 6:53 AM

Has anyone been to this hotel in Dahab? Looking to go for 2 weeks next year but want somewhere nice but not Hilton etc...for our 20th wedding anniversary. Many Thanks

3 Answers Dec 8, 2005 at 11:24 AM
    • Irina_gem's Profile Photo

Hotel question-cheap but with swimming pool?

Kawm ad Dahab Oct 22, 2005 at 3:06 PM

Hi guys who is in Dahab or has been there. Looking for a cheap hotel but with the swimming pool and on the seashore.
      So far found Nesima Resort- quites pricy at 54 euro
      and Lagona Village and Nubia village - but they seem to a bit of a hike from Dahab centre. Any advice on the above or is there anything else out there?
      Many thanks!
      Irene

7 Answers Mar 22, 2007 at 2:52 PM
    • Luxury in Dahab

Kawm ad Dahab Oct 3, 2005 at 4:19 AM

I am travelling to Dahab with my boyfriend in November. He is going for the diving/surfing. I am going for a holiday. Without staying in some nasty big chain hotel, is there such a thing as a luxury hotel in Dahab?

3 Answers Dec 8, 2005 at 11:27 AM