change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Day excursions

Sharm El Sheikh 23 hours ago

Hi all

My girlfriend and I are arriving in Sharm, staying at the Hilton in Sharks Bay. We have looked at some things to do, in particular the quad biking, St Catherines and desert star gazing trips.

Is it cheaper or better to buy these trips when we are over there?? I see they are advertised through companies over the internet but want to get the best deal possible and was considering buying before we go.

Is there any other trips that are a must do when we are there, first time going to Sharm so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

more
    • Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh?

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 24, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh?

more
    • should I cancel my August Holiday 2014?

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi
      Please could someone advice? my 12 year old and I are going to Sharm Grand Plaza Resort Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt for two weeks in beginning of August, its our first holiday for years..Yet now many people are saying we should cancel it as it will be way to hot! I feel stupid for not checking before booking! Hotel and area has great reviews and look beautiful! but i'm worried it would be ridiculously hot for us brits? Any advice please?

more

Popular Muhafazat Janub Sina' Travel Answer Locations

• Day excursions

Sharm El Sheikh 23 hours ago

Hi all

My girlfriend and I are arriving in Sharm, staying at the Hilton in Sharks Bay. We have looked at some things to do, in particular the quad biking, St Catherines and desert star gazing trips.

Is it cheaper or better to buy these trips when we are over there?? I see they are advertised through companies over the internet but want to get the best deal possible and was considering buying before we go.

Is there any other trips that are a must do when we are there, first time going to Sharm so any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

4 Answers 15 hours ago
    • should I cancel my August Holiday 2014?

Sharm El Sheikh Apr 16, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi
      Please could someone advice? my 12 year old and I are going to Sharm Grand Plaza Resort Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt for two weeks in beginning of August, its our first holiday for years..Yet now many people are saying we should cancel it as it will be way to hot! I feel stupid for not checking before booking! Hotel and area has great reviews and look beautiful! but i'm worried it would be ridiculously hot for us brits? Any advice please?

6 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 3:04 PM
    • Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh?

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 24, 2014 at 12:47 AM

Would you go to Sharm El Sheikh?

4 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • poots182's Profile Photo

Quad Biking - Sharm El Sheikh

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 17, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Hi All,

Regarding the FCO Travel Advice for the UK the perimeter of Sharm only would cover me for insurance, so with what can we still go quad biking ?

Also with SharmExcursions, would they be happy with us swapping 2x quad for 1x rhino 4x4 buggy? Think its the same price but how flexible are they (long shot to see if someone has had this sort of issue before).

Many Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 3:13 PM
    • Quad biking!

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 12, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Whos been on a quad bike tour in sharm? what company did you go with + what is it actually like, are there good photo oppourutnitys where you can move the quad to get a good view or do they not allow you to take pictures - how fast do you go and is it easy to ride?

1 Answer Mar 12, 2014 at 1:58 PM
    • Can I go wondering in the desert?

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 12, 2014 at 12:09 PM

Am traveling to sharm in July.
      1. Just how hot is it? people say its very hot but I want to ask people whos actually been there, is it too hot?
      2. Also, are there any sharks present around the reefs for snorkeling?

5 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • Can I go wondering in the desert?

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 12, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I'm adventourous and was wondering is it safe to just go walking in the desert with nothing but rocks and sand around me? I will keep hydrated etc but wanted to know are there dangourous animals or people don't like you to go walking in desert?

Thanks

11 Answers Mar 22, 2014 at 3:39 PM
    • A few questions to ask

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Hi everybody. Me and my friend are thinking of travelling to Sharm this July for a 7 day holiday. Me and her will both be 18 years old. We're really mate, and not particularly interesting in getting drunk/going clubbing. How safe is Sharm for a first holiday, both of us being 18? We'd mainly stay in our resort and travel to the beach. I'd love to visit the pyramids, and so again, how convenient is this?

many thanks in advanced :)

5 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 11:58 PM
    • Should I book?

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 8, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Got a great deal to stay in the Radisson blu in Nabq bay, Sharm in April for a week. Everyone saying I'm silly to be going to Egypt with the children. Is this all scare mongering? Desperate for some sunshine and relaxing!! Any advice greatly appreciated

6 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    • Dingerbell38's Profile Photo

Travelling beginning July

Sharm El Sheikh Mar 2, 2014 at 10:35 AM

Hi we are a family of four girl 15 years old and 11 years boy travelling to Egypt for the first time .We are staying at the Experience kiroseiz parkland for 2 weeks .After reading page after page of forum's have we made rite choice!!

6 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 12:44 PM
    • SuzanneW6's Profile Photo

german news

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 27, 2014 at 8:03 AM

TUI Germany halts trips to Sharm el-Sheikh on travel warning
      FRANKFURT Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:37am EST
      0 COMMENTS
      inShare
      Share this

Email
      Print
      Feb 27 (Reuters) - Tour operator TUI Deutschland said it was halting trips to Egypt's Sharm el-Sheikh until March 14 after Germany's Foreign Office advised against travel to the entire Sinai peninsula.

It said in a statement on Thursday it has around 100 guests in the region at the moment, whom it will now bring back early from their holidays.

18 Answers Mar 4, 2014 at 11:19 PM
    • JohnG146's Profile Photo

Travelling in April

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 24, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Hi All
      We are returning to Sharm for 10 days in April. With the recent news of a foiled planned terrorist attack Christmas gone and a recent bomb explosion our children are concerned about our safety. We love Egypt and the people and have read all the advice from Thomas Cook and our own Foreign Office but we would really like to hear from anyone recently there or the actual people on the ground who live there.
      Any advice would be welcome, we plan to stay in Sharm apart planned boat trip.

10 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM
    • lesleyellis's Profile Photo

flights from uk to taba airport

Taba Feb 21, 2014 at 3:40 PM

we are planning on going to taba for our holiday and staying to movenpick resort but could anyone give me some info why have you got to now flight to sharm and get taxi to taba because 2 years ago we was able to fly to taba airport

2 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 8:44 PM
    • Hyatt Regency

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 15, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Hi just booked a basic sea view room in the Hyatt regency for July!

Thinking of upgrading to the regency club! Anyone got any opinions? Is the main hotel of a high standard anyway? Like my luxury but would rather spend the extra money on excursions and food :)

2 Answers Feb 15, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • Mosquitoes in Egypt

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 15, 2014 at 7:19 AM

Hi just have a quick question regarding mosquitoes. I'm travelling to Sharm El Sheikh in July this year and I just want to get an idea should I come prepared for mosquitoes!! I'm the person that will be covered in bites after the first hour :( I've vowed never to go back to certain countries just because of mosquitoes! Sounds ridiculous I know but after the 50th bite I crack!!! Any advice/tips would be great :)

8 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 10:39 PM
    • July 2014 Sharm ek sheikh

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 15, 2014 at 7:04 AM

Is the region safe to travel to after all the unrest in Cairo and other large cities across Egypt?

15 Answers Feb 23, 2014 at 2:14 AM
    • Jamie_D87's Profile Photo

Travelling to Sharm in March

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 6, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Hi guy's i am travelling to Sharm El Sheikh next month (march) and a few of my friends and family are saying that i will be at great danger. Was just wondering for people comments, reviews on the place and to let me know if what people are saying is indeed true.

4 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 9:48 AM
    • thinking of booking

Sharm El Sheikh Feb 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hi I'm thinking of going to Sharm El Sheikh in May with my husband and another couple. Just few questions really, first we're looking at staying in nabq bay and at the Rico's resort and wanted any feedback or advice. Secondely how busy will it be mid may?!!

3 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 2:02 AM
    • poots182's Profile Photo

Kiroseiz Xperience Hotel + General Sharm questions

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 15, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Hi all,

I've followed this forum for a while now trying to get a grasp of what to expect in Egypt when I go with my girlfriend in April.

We're coming on the 31st March for 2 weeks all inclusive and we're staying at the Kiroseiz Xperience Hotel!

I was just wondering what the service is like? How to tip and when to tip, what the food and drink is like there and the general guidelines to take.

I've never been abroad before but going to Egypt for me is a type of dream because we want to visit the Pyramids and go Snorkeling and Quad-biking in the desert etc but I don't want to go completely clueless and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, what other sites/activities could we do? I really want to make it special as I'm going to propose to my girlfriend when there so any ideas in that department would be great also!

I know from reading that it's safe now at the moment, but any kind of knowledge to go to make us safer would be great too!

Patrick.

22 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 4:27 PM
    • Jill2002's Profile Photo

All inclusive - brand name alcohol?

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 6, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Are there ANY hotels in Sharm that do brand named alcohol? And not the chemical stuff that tastes the same what ever you order?

9 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    • water slides

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 4, 2014 at 7:51 AM

hi
      i wanna come here for my birthday the end of february with the family.
      just like to know the hotels with water slides as the kids love them
      thx brad

3 Answers Jan 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM
    • Tank Reef Sharm el Sheikh - anybody heard of it or got any information

Sharm El Sheikh Jan 3, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Hi I dived the other day on a dive site called 'Tank Reef' in Sharm el Sheikh. Excellent dive site but I cant find any information on it! Google keeps giving me information on 'reef Tank Aquariums' and anything with tank and reef in the title. Anybody heard of it or got better results on searches ? Cheers

9 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    • B&B or All inclusive?

Sharm El Sheikh Dec 29, 2013 at 4:49 AM

I'm planning a week's holiday for 2 in Sharm el Sheikh over Easter. My husband is keen to book all inclusive, but I'm not so sure. I like the idea of being able to get drinks throughout the day but don't fancy eating the same thing every day for a week.
      In the hotels we've looked at the difference in price between bed and breakfast and all inclusive is £300-400 for both of us for 7 nights. How does that compare to eating out for seven nights and buying drinks at the hotel bar?

6 Answers Dec 31, 2013 at 3:03 AM
    • Taxi occupancy

Sharm El Sheikh Dec 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM

We are travelling to Sharm on 26th December as a family of 5, does anyone know if a taxi will take 5 people or are they limited to 4 people assist of England is? Thanks Jules

17 Answers Dec 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM
    • what are the best value goods

Sharm El Sheikh Dec 20, 2013 at 7:31 AM

hi, what can I buy as presents during my visit to nabq bay over xmas

3 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM
    • Travel to Taba

Taba Dec 15, 2013 at 7:23 AM

How long is the journey from Sharm to Taba

2 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    • Redchangchun's Profile Photo

Holiday Budget...

Sharm El Sheikh Dec 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM

As its my first time to Egypt, I'd like to know if its considered costly?

10 Answers Dec 15, 2013 at 4:21 AM
    • Christmas and New Year in Sharm......

Sharm El Sheikh Dec 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Hi does anybody know if Sharm gets busy Christmas and New Year? We are travelling as a family My husband and I, 2 girls 16 & 17 staying at le royal Holiday resort!

2 Answers Dec 8, 2013 at 11:27 PM
    • designer shops in Mercato shopping outlet

Sharm El Sheikh Dec 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM

can anyone name the clothes shops in the mercato shopping center?

1 Answer Dec 8, 2013 at 1:09 PM
    • Where is the best place to celebrate New Years Eve in 2013

Sharm El Sheikh Dec 3, 2013 at 6:48 AM

My friend and I are in our 20s and are coming to Sharm for NYE. Does anyone know if Pacha or Space are any good on NYE. what about the hotels, is there one that does a great show? Thanks

3 Answers Dec 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM