change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lucerne-Murren Swiss Flexi Pass Day Travel

by mohit9382 Online Now 19 hours ago

Hi All,
      We are in Lucerne and travelling to Murren tomorrow. We will be staying there for 3 days. We have a Swiss Felx Pass for 4 days (non consecutive). We will be validating the pass tomorrow for our travel to Murren. I am aware that it takes around 3 hours to reach Murren from Lucerne. So if we were to make an early start around 8-9AM, then is there something we can visit tomorrow before/after checking in our Murren hotel. This will allow us to maximise the usage of our Swiss pass.
      Also, can you please advise what can we do in Murren for the other 2 days without using the Swiss pass ? For one of the days we have booked a Paragliding experience. We were were planning to hike the village of Gimmewald. Any other suggestions ?
      Appreciate your help.
      Cheers,
      Mo

more
    • Lucerne-Murren Swiss Flexi Pass Day Travel

by mohit9382 Online Now 19 hours ago

Hi All,
      We are in Lucerne and travelling to Murren tomorrow. We will be staying there for 3 days. We have a Swiss Felx Pass for 4 days (non consecutive). We will be validating the pass tomorrow for our travel to Murren. I am aware that it takes around 3 hours to reach Murren from Lucerne. So if we were to make an early start around 8-9AM, then is there something we can visit tomorrow before/after checking in our Murren hotel. This will allow us to maximise the usage of our Swiss pass.
      Also, can you please advise what can we do in Murren for the other 2 days without using the Swiss pass ? For one of the days we have booked a Paragliding experience. We were were planning to hike the village of Gimmewald. Any other suggestions ?
      Appreciate your help.
      Cheers,
      Mo

3 Answers 18 hours ago
    • MaryK85's Profile Photo

bike riding

by MaryK85 Online Now Nov 11, 2013 at 12:22 PM

My husband and I are staying in Murren for 3 days next summer. We would like to rent bikes and do the bike trip rick Steves has done out of Murren. It looks fairly easy but I have read that it is not as accurate as it seems............any suggestions? We would like a nice easy ride.

4 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 9:52 AM
    • cheezecake_deli's Profile Photo

Cheapest train fares in Switzerland

by cheezecake_deli Online Now May 30, 2013 at 10:53 PM

My family and I (two adults and one 5-year old child) are planning a long weekend in the summer in Switzerland. We will be flying into Geneva, spending one night in Bern, and then two nights in Murren in the Bernese Oberland, before departing from Geneva again. I can't figure out the cheapest rail options for this itinerary (Geneva Airport-Bern-Murren return) - there seems to be a plethora of rather confusing half-fare travelcards and inter-regional travelcards! Can anyone help? Thank you.

1 Answer May 31, 2013 at 4:02 AM
    • jessicax0's Profile Photo

Travelling to the Jungfrau region in February

by jessicax0 Online Now Jan 19, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Hi,

Im travelling around Europe and will be staying in Interlaken for a few days mid February. A friend of mine suggested doing the walk from Murren to Gimmelwald which she believes is only 30 or so minutes (which is great cause im not an experienced hiker). Is this type of thing doable considering the time of year? And is there a lot of signage around to point you on the right path?

4 Answers Jan 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM
    • nedmsp's Profile Photo

How to travel cheaply in canton of Bern?

by nedmsp Online Now May 21, 2011 at 6:03 PM

My wife and I stayed in Murren for about 7 days last year (September 2010), and we checked out most things in and around Interlaken. One thing that gave us the price shock was the public transportation or moving around cost (train, bus, and aerial tramway, funicular). We love Murren and plan to visit Murren again (September 2011) and would like to find out the inexpensive way to move around in canton of Bern, specifically around Thun, Interlaken, Brienz, Lauterbrunnen. Thank you in advance.

2 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    • Early travel from Murren to Lauterbrunnen

by lcraw Online Now Apr 27, 2011 at 9:01 PM

We are going to be staying in Murren for several days. On our last day, we'd like to catch the 7:33am train from Lauterbrunnen in order to make our way to Munich. Do the Murren train and Grutshalp cable car run early enough to make that 7:33am train from Lauterbrunnen? This is on a Sunday morning in May. Thank you for your help.

3 Answers Apr 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM
    • summer trip to Murren

by abbysmom Online Now May 28, 2010 at 7:04 AM

My family of 4 plus luggage will be going to Murren for a few days this summer.
      Upon arrival at Interlaken Ost in the late afternoon, I would feel better to be clear on
      how best to get up to Murren. It sounds like there is more than one way. Suggestions?

2 Answers May 28, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    • JonJon3281's Profile Photo

Train Help: Murren to Freiburg

by JonJon3281 Online Now Apr 22, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Hi there

I'm looking for help with train travel. I've looked at about a million sites and I'm just so confused :s

I know I might be too early to actualy book but the info will come in handy soon enough. What I need is what company I should book with and which stop I book from.

I'm traveling from Murren, Switzerland to Freiburg (im Breisgau), Germany on August 1st. In Murren I'm staying at the Blumental Hotel, Dorfstrasse, Murren 3825 and in Freiburg at the Stadhotel Freiburg, Karlstrasse 7.

Thanks for the help!

8 Answers Apr 22, 2010 at 12:30 PM
    • chrisbrookes's Profile Photo

New Ski lifts for season 09/10

by chrisbrookes Online Now Apr 6, 2009 at 2:30 PM

They are replacing the old Winteregg Chairlift for a faster detachable 4 seater and building a new 2 seater between the Allmendhubel and the Maulerhubel.

They are also looking at, if its possible for a chairlift going from Schiltgrat upto Birg ?!?!

• Swiss Base

by superranger Online Now Aug 22, 2006 at 8:33 PM

Would Murren be a good place as a base if I want to visit all the major Swiss cities?

1 Answer Aug 23, 2006 at 1:00 AM
    • Eman's Profile Photo

Hiking the Murren area

by Eman Online Now May 9, 2006 at 5:14 PM

My wife & I will be in Murren from 8 June 2006 to 12 June 2006. Can anyone advise us as the "normal" weather this time of year there? Also how are the hiking trails? Is there still much snow/ice at this time? If so, how high can you climb till until reach snow/ice conditions. Never been there before & can't wait to go!! Any other good hiking tips, etc. Thanks guys & gals!!

3 Answers May 15, 2006 at 6:00 PM