Muar

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Singapore to Mersing

Mersing Mar 26, 2014 at 11:13 AM

My husband and I will be visiting Tioman Island and we were planning on flying there from Singapore, however due to Berjaya air cancelling their service will now need to go by ferry. We land at Singapore airport at 07.15am on 10 April and I'm having trouble finding the best route to the Mersing Ferry Jetty. Would anyone be able to advise on the best trip in the current situation?

Changi airport offers a coach service to Kotaraya II terminal. Is it easy to get from there to the Larkin Bus Terminal (is this now called Larkin Sentral, and in a slightly different place), or should I instead take a bus or taxi into Singapore center and take a bus from there to Larkin?

Which coach should I take from Larkin to Mersing? Do I need to pre-book? I understand booking from Mersing back to Singapore would be a good idea to make sure you have a seat.

I'm of a mind to take a taxi to not have the hassle of all the changing and making sure we get to the jetty on time (even though I still don't know what time the boat leaves, that's another interesting part of our journey!). I have been offered a pre-booked return (Changi-Mersing-Changi) for S$350; is that reasonable or should I look for local taxis instead?

Thank you in advance for your help!

more
    • Kuala Lumpur to Mersing

Mersing Mar 19, 2014 at 6:30 AM

We are travelling in August 2014. Is it possible to get a train from KL to Mersing as i can only seem to find coach/bus options.

Also do the buses/coaches from KL to Mersing provide on board toilets and air conditioning? Which company would be the best to use in this instance?

more
    • cheapest way to get from johor bahru to singapore expo 1,expo drive?

Johor Bahru Mar 30, 2014 at 12:27 AM

does anyone know any budget hotel in jb,how to get from the hotel to singapore expo..

more
    • jobtoj's Profile Photo

Holiday Bungalow Rental

by jobtoj Online Now Nov 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Does anyone know of any Dog friendly holiday bungalows for rent in or around Muar. We prefer to take our dogs on holiday rather than leaving them at home.

Thanks

1 Answer Nov 24, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    • robertalou's Profile Photo

Muar and Pari sulong

by robertalou Online Now Jun 30, 2012 at 2:48 AM

How do i get to Muar from Changi via the Pari Sulong
      I wish to trace my fathers foots steps he was in the battle of Muar and lost friends at pari sulong

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM
    • Transportation options from KLIA to Muar

by pannam1 Online Now Oct 31, 2011 at 8:45 PM

Hello,

Does anyone know how much a taxi fare is from KLIA airport to Muar city?

Is there a train from the airport? How about a bus? I'm sure there are buses from Kuala Lumpur, but as the airport is south of the city, any good options from there? Thanks for any advice

4 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 4:56 PM
    • car rental

by soul_zex Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 5:14 AM

how can i rent a car in muar?

1 Answer Jan 22, 2011 at 1:07 PM
    • Eating Places in Muar

by lethasaldanha Online Now Aug 24, 2010 at 5:57 PM

We plan to spend a morning/afternoon hanging out in Muar, on our way from Batu Pahat to Melaka. I used to come to Muar as a kid to visit my Uncle when I used to live in Batu Pahat, but that was 40 years ago and I have not been back since...

I remember eating places along the river front or parallel streets. Are the hawker stall still there and is that the best area to hang out and eat the local fare? We mainly want to walk around, see what I can remember and makan lah...

1 Answer Oct 13, 2011 at 4:58 AM
    • 1jabbar's Profile Photo

mp3/small electronic repair shop

by 1jabbar Online Now Jul 30, 2010 at 7:34 PM

Does anyone know of a reliable shop where they do electronic (mp3) repair. I need some work done on my mp3 player (not a major job-more cosmetic) I don't have the tools. Thanks

Bicycles for rent????

by 1jabbar Online Now Jul 3, 2010 at 11:38 PM

Hi Muar folks...We've returned from Canada (2007)to visit with family, and could use the name of someone who can help me rent three used bikes. I don't care how nice the bikes are as long as they can get me (and 2 sons 16/18) from Sungai Abong to Muar center. More rain this time!!!

• ask

by nooooooooooooooooooo Online Now Jun 16, 2010 at 11:26 PM

is there any swimming pool in riverview hotel in maur malaysia

2 Answers Aug 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Visiting Muar from Canada; any VTers want to go out for a meal

by 1jabbar Online Now Apr 24, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Hi; Myself, wife two teen sons (from canada) will be in and around Muar Jul-August to visit with my wife's family and to visit other parts of SE ASia. If you are interested in getting together drop a line, always nice to go out and share a meal and chat. Cheers

• transportation from Muar to Gunung Ledang

by adurness Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 9:07 AM

I would like to do a day trip to Gunung Ledang from Muar in July. Are there any day trip excursions available?

scooter rental in Muar??

by 1jabbar Online Now Jan 17, 2009 at 11:40 PM

Is it possible to rent a scooter (for a period of 3-4 weeks in Muar??) Thank You.

• agnesloh's Profile Photo

Theravada center in Muar

by agnesloh Online Now Dec 20, 2007 at 2:11 AM

Hi, I'd just moved to Muar and am searching for Theravadian center where i can attend dhamma class / talk regularly.

4 Answers May 31, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Muar River cruise

by 1jabbar Online Now Aug 8, 2007 at 7:57 PM

Hi
      Does anyone have a contact number for the Muar River Cruise (from Tanjung emas)or any other informtion regarding the cruise. Thanks

Bicycle rental question

by 1jabbar Online Now Aug 2, 2007 at 2:49 AM

Hi Muarians;
      Can anyone tell me where I might rent a bicycle in Muar. I am visiting family in Muar for 5 weeks (taking side trips elsewhere.) None of my wife's relatives have bikes anymore (managed to borrow one for 3 days but the person needed it back), and I have no way of getting around until the reatives finish work. I am staying at Sungai Abong, so if you know of a rental place or have an old bike I can use I would be happy to meet up. Also; does anyone know if I need a motorbike license (I have a Canadian drivers license)if I rent an electric scooter in Malaysia. Thanks Again.

1 Answer Aug 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM
    • lokeyh's Profile Photo

What can I do or see in Muar?

by lokeyh Online Now May 6, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

I am thinking of going to Muar for a day trip. What can I do there besides trying out the local food? Any suggestions?

6 Answers Sep 16, 2007 at 3:08 AM

ESL help

by 1jabbar Online Now Apr 15, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Hi

I will be in Muar for a month during July-August. My wife will be visiting family 24/7 I (native Canadian) would like to teach English a few hours a week during that time, if anyone is interested. If you would like some help e-mail me at my VT e-mail address, with contact number or your email and maybe we can try this in mid July. Ron

• Any Good Hotel in Muar ?

by tsunagu59 Online Now Jul 9, 2006 at 3:55 AM

I am planning to stopover in Muar this coming weekend. Would appreciate any recommendation on a good hotel and places to eat. Thanks very much for your help...:-)

• taxi fare?

by SHONEY Online Now Feb 7, 2005 at 9:36 PM

Hi there,can i check with you how much rm i need to paid frm johor custom to muar add:(jalan sengkang,Bukit gambir)?Thks a millon if you know the price?i am going holiday alone that why need to check the price?

2 Answers Feb 8, 2005 at 1:03 AM