Muar Travel Answers

change location
lokeyh's Profile Photo

What can I do or see in Muar?

by lokeyh Online Now May 6, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Hi,

I am thinking of going to Muar for a day trip. What can I do there besides trying out the local food? Any suggestions?

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Re: What can I do or see in Muar?

by azrinfadzil Online Now May 6, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Muar is like other small town in Johor territory. i just cant imagine what you can do in Muar.. try this, eat Mee Bandung Muar at the Tanjung Emas Recreational Park while feeding the Monkeys... Okeh?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mansionion's Profile Photo

Re: What can I do or see in Muar?

by mansionion Online Now May 7, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Hi!

Its all depends on how you appreciate small off the beaten path towns like Muar. My suggestion, apart frm trying the local food (mee bandung, otak2 etc)you should also check out the colonial building in Tanjung Emas area - Masjid Sultan Ibrahim, Sultan Abu Bakar building etc. Try also the river cruise.

-m-

• lokeyh's Profile Photo

by lokeyh Online Now May 8, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Hi mansionion,

Thanks for the advice.

• Re: What can I do or see in Muar?

by noraini Online Now Jun 28, 2007 at 7:29 PM

i know its a bit late but i had an experience staying for a weekend in muar.eventho there's nothing great (unlike kl)but i enjoyed my weekend very much.we arrived at about 4pm and had tea near stalls in tanjung bungah.from there we can see the mosque across the river.its more beautiful at night.then dinner we went to eat ikan bakar in serkam and spend window shopping in muar town.we stayed in one of the hotels in the middle of muar town.come morning we had breakfast in one of the shop which was featured in jalan2 cari makan programe.it's famous for mee bandung and satay (sold in the morning)but for me the mee bandung is not that great.!after that we went driving enjoying the kampung scenery (at least its different from what i see everyday at home in jb).we stopped for a while at gunung ledang resort then went back home after filing our car boot with fruits ..it was a cheap,short but enjoyable weekend.

• lokeyh's Profile Photo

by lokeyh Online Now Jul 1, 2007 at 11:21 PM

Hi noraini,

Thanks for your info.

• dancanoz's Profile Photo

by dancanoz Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 3:08 AM

Made my first visit to Muar on my way back from Pulau Sibu (off Tg Leman, Johor) about 2 weeks ago. Stayed a night at the Muar Traders Hotel overlooking the Muar River. Pulled opened the drapes in the morning and the tranquil and serene river view greeted me and it was so relaxin to watch the fishing boats go by. Nice. Tasted the wonderfully incomparable Fried Oyster (Ho Jien), Otak-Otak, Satay and Duck Noodles .... the thing that impressed me most about Muar are the friendly and helpful locals... that's how all of humankind should be! It was about to pour and I ran to get my car and drove it over so my missus and the kids can make a short dash to the car. Suddenly the coffee shop owner came running with a brolly so they don't get wet, and we didn't even patronise her shop! When asking for directions, the locals were so helpful. There isnt a whole lot to see and do, but my trip has been simple, yet so memorable. Kudos to Muar folks, the epitome of the beautiful Malaysian.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines