change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Vasvari's Profile Photo

Nelspruit to Graskop (and beyond?) to Johannnesburg in a day

Mpumalanga May 16, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Nelspruit to Graskop (and beyond?) to Johannesburg possible in a day in a rented toyota sub-compact? Suggestions??? Help??????????

2 Answers May 17, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    • A day best spend

Mpumalanga Nov 3, 2008 at 2:51 PM

We will leave Kruger (Orpen gate) on the morning on 24.11, spend the day driving around, stay overnight somewhere close to JNB airport and fly out in the morning of 25.11.

What is the best itinerary for the "driving day"? Blyde Canyon? What else?

Where is the good place to stay the night?

2 Answers Feb 19, 2014 at 3:40 PM
    • safari/surf trip!

Mpumalanga Jan 27, 2007 at 1:31 PM

My hubby & I, along with another couple, are planning a 4-5week visit to South africa in june. FLying into J-burg and safari possibly at Nkorho Game lodge. Anyone have any info. about this lodge and how many nights to stay? Are Malaria pills necessary in June?

Now the tricky part, the hubby's are both avid surfers so we are heading somewheres south to surf (eventually to Jeffrey's bay and Capetown). Any suggestions on flying south vs. driving south (with boards on top of a rental car)? Any suggestions on must-do stops or must-avoid spots? I hear Durban is not a great spot to be.

Much thanks in advance for any suggestions... quite overwhelming trying to figure out how to make this a trip of our lifetime!!
      Laura

3 Answers Feb 10, 2007 at 1:57 PM
    • Camp Shawu

Mpumalanga Oct 22, 2006 at 7:08 AM

Hello,

I plan to visit Kruger in sept 2007. I've been told Camp Shawu, next to Crocodile Bridge, Mpanamana concesion, could be a good private game reserve. Does anyone have information on that reserve: game drive, lodging, food,...

Thank you
      Louis

1 Answer Oct 23, 2006 at 5:33 AM
    • rossjag's Profile Photo

Decisions.. decisions

Mpumalanga Feb 27, 2006 at 8:20 AM

We'll be spending 4 days in Kruger. While surfing the Net, came across "opportunities" in the form of Panorama Route ... Gods Window, Blyde River Canyon.... I'd always enjoyed the natural beauty and have had the good fortune to experience beautiful landscape (and "seascape"!) in Norway, Sweden, New Zealand and Australia. Safaris will be a first for me. Can someone who's been to both Kruger and the Panorama Route help nudge me in the right direction - on whether I should spend a day less in KNP and go for the scenic drive instead?

Thank you.

3 Answers Feb 28, 2006 at 5:41 AM
    • budget but clean B&B or selfcatering in lowveld Mpumalanga (underneath escarpment)

Mpumalanga Feb 15, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Does anyone has experience with a nice B&B or selfcatering and like to share it
      on the forum. No commercial replies please.

1 Answer Feb 18, 2006 at 3:01 PM
    • canuck68's Profile Photo

White River Help Please.

Mpumalanga May 13, 2005 at 9:37 AM

I would appreciate any information I can get on White River. Anything you can tell me .....such as approx. population; source of income; standard of living;
      and other things such as is it a safe place for an older white woman to live?
      Is the cost of living high? Plus anything else you would think would be of interest. I would really appreciate your input. Thanks,
      Diane

5 Answers Jul 2, 2012 at 8:36 AM
    • Seeing the best bits

Mpumalanga Dec 13, 2004 at 3:30 AM

We are visting South Africa for 15 days in January. We plan to spend 4 days in Kruga and then the rest of the time we want to make our way down to Kysna. We want to have a memorable time as we have been looking forward to visiting SA for many years. Apparently the trip down to Kysna is quite a long one so we would like to see as much as possible. As well as it being a relaxing, fun holiday. Tips of the best route to follow would be great. We heard the Drakensberg park is beautiful, and thought stopping off there would be a good idea. Any tips would be helpful.

2 Answers Jan 9, 2005 at 6:03 AM
    • Horseridding at Drakensbergen

Mpumalanga Nov 13, 2003 at 2:25 PM

Hello everybody I always wanted to learn horseriding but as being a city-folk never did it so far. Does anyone know a good place to learn horseriding at Drakensbergen or in the nothern provinces? Something like a horsefarm in the bushbush where we could stay for a couple of days? Thx.