Mozambique

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Medjumbe island in December

Mozambique Apr 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I am planning a honeymoon to Medjumbe island over December, is the humidty going to be to high to really enjoy the island or will it be bearable? We are coming from SA so are used to the heat.

more
    • Medjumbe island in December

Mozambique Apr 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I am planning a honeymoon to Medjumbe island over December, is the humidty going to be to high to really enjoy the island or will it be bearable? We are coming from SA so are used to the heat.

• is it safe to drive to xai xai

Mozambique Mar 17, 2014 at 5:29 AM

is it safe to drive to xai xai

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • ozzieinmozzie's Profile Photo

Ferries to Xefina Island

Ilha Xefina Grande Mar 5, 2014 at 5:38 AM

Hi, I'm trying to organise a day trip or overnight trip to Xefina Island but according to this website (mozambicanhotels.com/tourist...) there is no ferry there. Anyone know how much it costs to hire a boat to carry you out there?

• Caz Bar on Vilanculos beach

L. Vilanculos Jan 15, 2014 at 2:01 AM

Any feedback on this spot ? Have heard it is special.
      Gisele

3 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 10:58 AM
    • Itinerary/advice/tips Jogurg, Maputo, Tofo, further north, Gaborone, Joburg

Mozambique Dec 31, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Hi guys,
      Thanks in advance for any advice youve got for me :). Myself and husband want to hire a car on Jan 15th and drive up to Mozambique. Have always wanted to visit mozambique and am very excited. We need to be back with the car and to get our flight home on Jan 30th. We need to travel back via Gaborone (where we will need to stay for at least 3-4 days) before going back to Joburg.

Can anyone suggest the best itinerary bearing in mind our time frames? Any worthwile places to stop on way from Joburg to Maputo? Stay time in Maputo- 3 days? Head up to Inhambane and Tofo? Worth going further up to the islands? We would have to come back via the same route to get back to Gabs? Any ideas on itinerary much appreciated

Also any suggestions for best budget car hire company- type of car needed (im guessing we wont really need a 4x4 or am i underestimating the roads?) and the company which will allow us to go in to mozambique and bots and set us up with all the right equipment needed for road checks (if that exists).

Also any advice on getting visas on british passports. Can we get them at the border?

Thanks again!

9 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 11:26 AM
    • Weather february in Tofo

Mozambique Dec 27, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Hi, I'm planning to visit Tofo in early february, but I'm wondering about the weather, because of hurricane risk. What's the chance of bad weather? Is it still good for diving?
      Thanks!

3 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 8:34 AM
    • Is it safe?

L. Vilanculos Nov 18, 2013 at 5:21 AM

We have a planned trip to go there in December and I just want to find out if its safe to go there in December or should we cancel our trip?

4 Answers Nov 18, 2013 at 10:47 AM
    • Safe or not?

Mozambique Nov 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Would it be safe traveling as far North as Maxixe due to the war erupting in Northern Mozambique and the kidnapping in Maputo?

2 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM
    • ChibweF's Profile Photo

Social Economy

Maputo Nov 13, 2013 at 7:30 AM

How is social life and are hotels quite of night walkers

1 Answer Nov 13, 2013 at 7:31 AM
    • Safety in mozam

Mozambique Nov 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM

Hi there

My fiancé and myself are travelling from Zimbabwe to inhambane in december would it be safe to travel in the car cause of all that I am hearing about the Renamo and government clashes?

2 Answers Nov 13, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • GerdaJ's Profile Photo

Travel to Pomene Mozambique by car in December 2013

Mozambique Oct 30, 2013 at 5:39 AM

We planned our holiday to go to Pomene in December 2013, we enter the border at Komatipoort go to Maputo, Xai Xai, Masinga and Pomene. Will this be safe?

2 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • Travel by car in Moz during December 2013

Mozambique Oct 28, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Will it be safe to travel by car to Inhambane and Vilankulos over the December 2013, January 2014 holiday break? We are two cars and is planning to enter the country throw the Kruger Prak.

4 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 5:45 AM
    • brutayi's Profile Photo

SAFETY AND NIGHTCLUBS OR TARVENS

Mozambique Oct 16, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Is it safe to travel at at night either by foot or car and which street has most bars or taverns.

5 Answers Nov 16, 2013 at 12:21 PM
    • Laranjinha (tuk-tuk taxi)

Maputo Sep 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM

We will be ariving by MSC ship, in harbour in November. Where will we find the tuk-tuks for transportation and what will the fee per km be?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM
    • transport - safe & reliable

Mozambique Sep 23, 2013 at 4:26 AM

What is the best way to get from the Maputo airport to Praia Do Bilene Mozambique? To put it into context, we are two young females wanting to travel on some form of public transport. We are wanting to leave on the 27 Dec.
      Thanks
      Lindy

4 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 3:08 AM
    • Visa requirements

Mozambique Sep 13, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Can a visa be obtained at the border or in Durban, within a day? We are travelling from the UK to Durban and want to go onto Mozambique. We are all Austrian citizens, holding EU Passports. thanks

3 Answers Oct 30, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    • CAR HIRE LICHINGA ( URGENT REPLY NEEDED ) Tuesday 03rd Sept, 13

Lichinga Sep 2, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Hi good day to all - I am needing information re : CAR HIRE - LICHINGA VXC airport ( town )

pick up Tuesday, 03rd Sept - 10.40 arrival - drop off 07th Sept, 18.00
      I have looked at Premium Car Hire - is this the only car hire in the Lichinga area, its is extremely expensive.

please would you be able to assist in maybe helping with car hire - any suggestions

my email : peter@kifarutravel.com

thanks and regards Peter

2 Answers Sep 2, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    • By bus from OR Tambo to Maputo

Maputo Aug 15, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I need to go from OR Tambo to Maputo by bus. I would prefer not to go in the city and catch the bus on the station. Does some one know the best company to pick?
      Many thanks

10 Answers Aug 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM
    • Transport Maputo to Bilene

Maputo Jun 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Hello, I am going to Maputo by bus in a few weeks and need transport from Translux bus stop to a resort in Bilene. We are 2 people travelling and would like to use a shuttle door to door/meter taxi or any means that will deliver us to the resort direct. Any suggestions please, and the cost?

1 Answer Jun 30, 2013 at 3:17 AM
    • raykey's Profile Photo

Flight

Pemba May 22, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Can anyone tell me what airline fly's from Dar to Pemba, Mozambique. All the flights I have seen do not fly direct to Pemba.
      Thanks for your help.
      Raykey.

9 Answers May 26, 2013 at 10:02 AM
    • LeandroPires's Profile Photo

Visto de chegada no Aeroporto

Mozambique Apr 18, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Boa tarde a todos,

Estou indo a Maputo em Junho encontrar um amigo que reside lá. Esse meu amigo garante para mim que é possível obter o visto para Moçambique no próprio aeroporto de Maputo, disse que esse ano já recebeu outros hóspedes da Europa que o fizeram sem problema.

A questão é que pela internet não encontro a confirmação dessa informação nem em sites oficiais do governo; o que li é que pela enorme quantidade de estrangeiros, principalmente Portugueses, entrando no país dessa forma e ali permanecendo ilegalmente, o governo não estava mais oferecendo essa facilidade.

Meu problema é que o visto de Moçambique aqui no Brasil só é emitido em Brasília, e eu tenho receio de enviar meu passaporte por correio.

Algum de vocês sabe se ainda é possível obter o visto de chegada no Aeroporto de Maputo? em caso afirmativo, quanto custa?

Agradeço antecipadamente a atenção de todos!

3 Answers Apr 29, 2013 at 3:49 AM
    • Night Clubs

Maputo Mar 19, 2013 at 7:02 AM

what is happening on the 30th of March 2013

• searching for a shop that sell human hair

Maputo Feb 2, 2013 at 2:33 AM

hi iam looking for the shop at mozambique plaza baixa that sell brazillian hair and indian hair can u please give me the details i wantto buy them .....

2 Answers Oct 14, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    • nzphysiocraig's Profile Photo

visa at ponta d'oruo

Mozambique Jan 23, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Hi, were due to arriving in jo'burg in febuary arriving in Mozambique for 2 days in a tour group, the tour provider said we are responsible for viss ( fair enough). The problem what are the best way to get the visa - at the high commission in london? or how easy it is to get at the border? i have researched and found lots of advices which contradict with each other. Also how much should the visa at the border be?

please help.
      thank you

2 Answers Mar 19, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    • Accomodation Problem

Maputo Oct 22, 2012 at 10:34 PM

8 of us (Australians) had a booking at the The Quiet Corner Guesthouse for New Year in Maputo but the owners of the guesthouse cancelled our booking yesterday, as they have decided to do renovations. Now faced with big problem of finding accommodation. If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it...the dates are: Check in: 30/12/2012 Check out: 02/01/2013 Total days = 3

1 Answer Oct 23, 2012 at 2:25 AM
    • travel tipps

Mozambique Jul 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Hi guys,
      I am arriving beg of Aug in Joburg and we have planned with a rented car (not 4x4) following route: Joburg - Bilene - Inhabane - Gorongosa NP - Bazaruto and back to Kruger NP.

I would be really very happy, if you could inform us about helpful advises, nice camping sizes, diving centers.

Thanks a lot in advance!
      Marcus

1 Answer Jul 22, 2012 at 12:39 PM
    • CharmainH's Profile Photo

Car Hire From Johburg to Maputo

Mozambique Jul 17, 2012 at 6:23 PM

We are coming to Africa in October, fly into Joburg on the 6/10/12, we want to drive from Johburg to Maputo. Going thru Kruger and Swaziland. We are having trouble finding a car that we can pick up in Johburg and drop in Maputo, as we have friends there, and won’t be returning back to Johburg.

If you can help in anyway, we would greatly appreciate it.

2 Answers Jul 20, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    • Elephant reserve Maputo

Maputo Jun 20, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Dear all

It'll be my third time in Maputo, but I was always in transit. This time I really want to visit a looot :)
      So I thought it could be cool to combine a visit to the Inhaca and Portuguese Islands with a visit to the Elephant reserve. The problem is I cannot find any up to date information online. Can someone help?

Since I'm travelling afterwards to Niassa, I'm not affiliated with any hotel or tour operator. Of course I'd be keen to join any organized tour/ or group to the Elephant reserve. Any tips are more more than welcome :)

Assante,

Luisa

• Shuttle

Istambul May 26, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I have read shuttles stop running at 10 pm, so I would like to know whether the hotel I have booked could see about transportation from the international airport to the hotel and the cost for doing so, however, I have been trying to send an e-mail to Erboy Hotel, but I can't access it as there are booking sites that control the contact. I would be grateful if I could have some clear information. Thanks

7 Answers May 27, 2012 at 4:04 AM
    • J'burg - Mozambique - one way budget safari (no tents) - 6 days possible

Mozambique May 6, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Dear all,

hope you can help. Our plan is to arrive in J'burg, take a safari to Mozambique and stay in Mozambique for another week. Then return to J'burg on our own by bus/plane. Is that possbile within two weeks?

We like to go diving in Mozambique but want to do that on our own as to be flexible and save costs.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Many thanks!

Susanne

4 Answers May 7, 2012 at 3:01 AM