Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Dorze and Konso

Ethiopia Nov 16, 2015 at 8:18 PM

We would like to get a feel for the area south of Addis Ababa, but unfortunately we do not have time enough in our itinerary to fully explore the Omo Valley. It looks as though flying into Arba Minch and spending a couple days to see Dorze and Konso might be a satisfying substitute-- providing a chance to plug into some of the regional tribes and a chance to see the terrain in that part of the country. Does anyone have a reaction to this idea? Is it a worthwhile excursion? Is it reasonable to spend a day each striking out to Dorze and Konso respectively by bus?

• GrannyRosie's Profile Photo

Tipping in Southern Ethiopia.

Ethiopia Oct 29, 2015 at 6:40 AM

I'm travelling with my husband on a pre-booked tour of the tribal south next week. It will just be the 2 of us. We will have a driver and guides at the various places that we stop at. Hotels have all been booked. We are using an Ethiopian travel company. My question is...roughly how much should we tip the driver, he'll be with us for 2 weeks, I think, and how much for guides? We can't seem to get a sensible answer from anywhere!! Being told a driver's tip should be between $50 and $200 is not much use!!! Can someone advise me please? We need to be able to budget...

• Getting from Addis Ababa to Moyale

by Spuzza Online Now Aug 23, 2007 at 7:39 AM

Hi - I'm about to return to travelling after far too many years in an office job!
      I'm landing in Addis and plan to travel to Moyale by road. I've heard the back of a truck is the cheapest option - anyone have any tips on this, or advice on a better way of doing it?

Thanks very much.

1 Answer Oct 8, 2007 at 3:06 AM
    • OCACIA's Profile Photo

by OCACIA Online Now Jun 26, 2006 at 7:43 AM

So how do you ride on top of a truck for that duration? is there nothing else by way of transport? especially if travelling with a female