change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nomad7890's Profile Photo

Where does "the walk" that is mentioned in the VT Nazare pages start

Nazaré Mar 10, 2015 at 5:34 PM

I looked in the VT pages and in the Nazare travel pages. The VT pages state that the best thing to do is take "the walk" around the shore. The Nazare pages have a suggested map - but which I cannot follow. Could someone suggest where to start a good scenic walk, and what landmarks to look for to make sure we start at the right place (if these is such a thing).

A good restaurant along the way would be great too! Thank you! Muito obrigada!

more
    • Easter week in castelo de vide and surrounding area

Castelo de Vide Mar 16, 2015 at 4:03 AM

What are highlights of Easter week in castelo de vide? Suggestions on residential in the center of activities. What not to miss in this area of allentejo as staying four days.

more
    • Ovar, Portugal in May/June

Porto Mar 10, 2015 at 3:51 AM

We are going to Furodouro, Ovar for a week during half term. Will there be much going on/open in the last week of May or is it too early in the season?
      Any recommendations of bars/places to visit?

Thanks!

more
    • Overnight Parking in Cascais

Cascais Mar 24, 2015 at 12:10 PM

We are considering a property near central Cascais for five nights in September, but it does not have parking. The owner says public parking is available all around the property. I'm a bit nervous about security and availability and cost too. Can someone please give me some advise? Thank you.

more
    • Best place to park in Porto

Porto Mar 22, 2015 at 7:49 AM

I'm travelling around Portugal this July and want to visit Porto. I'm going to be in my car, and have heard that parking and driving in Porto isn't that easy. I've looked in to parking on one of the streets near the main football stadium but am unsure if this is the best option? Are there any other alternatives that you recommend- I'm looking to spend probably the whole day in the city. Thanks

more
    • Beckylloyd's Profile Photo

Activities around algarve

Portugal Mar 19, 2015 at 5:25 AM

Hello just booked a holiday to algarve and staying in golden clube cabanas is that close to horse riding and quad biking?

more
    • deljeffery's Profile Photo

Boat taxis

Foz do Arelho Mar 17, 2015 at 12:15 AM

I will be staying at Foz do Arelho later this year for a family vacation. I see there are a number of restaurants on the southern side of the lagoon and wonder if there is a boat taxi that can transport us across the water?

more
    • hannette's Profile Photo

3 day visit to Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 25, 2015 at 4:25 AM

What to do & not do in a 3 day visit to Lisboa?
      Obrigado!

more
    • Rachel972's Profile Photo

Driving from Spain to Porto

Portugal Mar 6, 2015 at 2:08 AM

Driving from Tui/Valença to Porto, then returning to Santiago for our flight home. We prefer not to drive on motorways, definitely not in both directions. Does the Road N14 get us into many towns, or are there just entrances and exits from the towns? I don't want to get stuck often in local traffic and traffic lights in places we don't want to visit.

To avoid driving inside Porto, can you suggest a place from which there's frequent public transportation to the city?

My experience of Porto before this drive will be one day on an organized tour, then two days alone, before I meet my husband and start to drive. I'll plan that we'll not be there on the weekend.

more
    • Mardai24's Profile Photo

Cabanas de Tavira

Ilha de Tavira Mar 23, 2015 at 7:01 AM

We're heading to Cabanas de Tavira for a week end of May and like to walk. I know that we can walk from there to Tavira. I'm wondering if there are any other coastal walks from Cabanas as we won't have a car. I know that at the end of ria Formosa just as it turns up onto ria Fortaleza there's what looks like a dirt track coastal walk through trees. Any one know if its a circular route back to Cabanas or of any other good walks locally?

more
    • 2 GIRLS IN LAGOS WHO WANT TO SURF AND MEET PEOPLE

Lagos Mar 11, 2015 at 3:21 AM

Hello there !
      Me and a friend will be in Lagos for 10 days in may ( from the 2 to the 12 of may )
      we speak french and english ( and even some russian lol )
      and we want to meet some people who are pretty good at surf because we are not !
      my friend is a complet beginner and I learn to surf many years ago ( when I was 23 years old and I am now 29..) but I think I have to start again from the beginning ( I have surf in a Malibu board so no short board )
      I think we will rent some materials directly in Lagos but only if we find some nice people who agree lead us a little bit in exchange of some great drinks at night or even invit you in restaurant few times :)
      We do not have enough money to take some surf lessons and I have to admit I really hate to be in a group to learn surfing its not friendly to be with school I prefer to be with real people who dont looking for business but just to have fun looking/laughing at us falling and failing in our boards ahhahah ^^

We will stay in the hotel Quinta dos cariacos from 2th may to 12th may.

let us know if there is someone here who could be okay to do that with us :)

cheers :)

more
    • Fados & evening entertainment

Olhão Mar 6, 2015 at 2:41 AM

I will be visiting Olhao for a week in early June this year and am interested to know of any restaurants, cafes or bars which have fado evenings or other music entertainment.

more
    • Trixjones8's Profile Photo

Property to buy Lagos

Lagos Mar 10, 2015 at 3:39 PM

Is it safe for women to walk alone in evening or drive from Lagos to another city at night? Would you recomend to buy Villa in Lagos or where would you say is a good investment in Portugal to stay?

more
    • clothes for march 19 to the 29th

Lisbon Mar 6, 2015 at 1:17 PM

good shoes a must but what weight of clothing for this time of year/?

more

Porto train stations

Portugal Mar 13, 2015 at 8:52 AM

I'll take a train from Lisbon to Porto, my husband will take a train from Vigo to Porto, and later we'll both take the train from Porto to Vigo. (There we'll rent the car for our drive in Galicia).

On the train timetables I see that many more trains go through the Campanha station, But the San Bento is in a nice area where I can get hotels. Of course I'll take a taxi to the hotel, I don't need it near the station.

Is the San Bento area convenient for public transportation in the city? Not Metro but overground.

I can't see the timetables yet, to see where the Vigo train stops - soon there will be a new summer timetable.

more
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Local restaurants for Portugal

Lisbon Mar 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Well thanks to all who gave me some excellent choices regarding hotels. Managed to get a great little hotel and a car rental. Have some idea of things we SHOULD see and hopefully there will be others. My next area that could use some suggestions is local restaurants and or bar/restaurants. We would like to go to some small (but not necessary) local restaurants to get a sample of the local flavor and culture. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
      Thanks again
      Rick M

more

Hard Mattresses

Portugal Mar 17, 2015 at 6:41 AM

I'm looking at booking.com for hotels in Porto, for myself alone and then with my husband. One of the advantages of booking.com is that the reviews are by real guests. I've seen several comments about too hard mattresses. I haven't noticed such remarks in other cities, is this really something I have to take care of in Porto?

We're usually taking three star hotels, sometimes less, or apartments, and hadn't problems for many years - but I do remember hotels where it was better to lie on the floor (not in Europe). Meanwhile my hips and my husband's back are getting older.

more

Hotels in Lisbon

Lisbon Mar 4, 2015 at 10:02 AM

Was looking for a hotel for at least 3 nights in Lisbon at the end of May. I noticed the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon on line and looked quite nice. However it looked like it may be away from the sights. Don't mind walking or taking local transportation. Maybe there are others closer to the action (sights).
      If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate them. In the area of 150 E per night would be good.. That's around 200$ Canadian.

again thanks
      Rick M

more

Is Sintra worth a visit?

Lisbon Mar 3, 2015 at 2:10 PM

Coming to Portugal for a couple of weeks in May/June and will be landing in Lisbon. Is Sintra worth a day visit or longer? Will have a rental when we head south but did not want to rent one in Lisbon.

Any other suggestions for visits along the way to Faro?

r

more