Mountain Home

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Looking for a good beach spot

Galveston Apr 7, 2015 at 9:57 AM

Some friends and I would like an easy place to go this Summer where we could rent a condo or small place near the beach and just kick back for a few days with the kids. Galveston is obviously quite popular and the prices I've found are relatively high. Are there any quaint, more lesser known locations near Galveston that would be a good option?

more
    • daily passes in metro rapid for seniors in Austin, any concessions ?

Austin Mar 30, 2015 at 5:54 AM

There is 50% concessions in Metro Buses ? Is this facility available in Metro rapid ?

more
    • Visiting Dallas for a long weekend

Dallas Mar 26, 2015 at 4:08 PM

We're a group of 6 late 20s and early 30s spending Memorial Day wknd in Dallas. Can we get recommendations on hotels ad places to see? We'd like to partake in the nightlife as well as do tourist type stuff. As for hotel budget we'd like to be under $200/night.

more
    • Megafest 2015 Place to Stay

Dallas Apr 8, 2015 at 1:32 PM

I am a single female and will be travelling from England , UK to attend Megafest . Can anyone recommend cheaper places to stay . I am willing to use Public transport to travel to and fro the American Airlines Centre. I can't afford to pay $1200 for a 5 night stay.

Thank you

more
    • Car, or No car?

San Antonio Apr 8, 2015 at 6:03 AM

My wife and I are staying at the Crockett in San Antonio for 4 days in early May, and are debating the worth of a rental car.
      We don't mind walking, and are excited to try the B-cycle whether we have a car or not.

Plan A: Car rental = $25/day, plus ~$25/day for parking at hotel = $200 (plus gas & parking cost at whatever destination we'd drive to)
      Plan B: Use taxi or city bus; perhaps taxi or shuttle service from airport.

We've never been to San Antonio but it looks like there is plenty to see and do to keep us busy within a 30 minute walk or bike ride from the Alamo.

more
    • Idanator's Profile Photo

Mexico & USA - How much fuzz?

Texas Apr 19, 2015 at 10:48 AM

Hi, I am an European and an "America-virgin", who is planning a two week vacation to the US with my buddy this summer. The plan is to land in Houston, and rent a car to drive to LA. On the Google Maps-route, numero uno, the route goes through El Paso, TX, which again is fairly close to Juárez, Mexico. And so I am wondering how much hazzle it would be to stop by Juárez? Are there forms to fill, traffic jams etc. and are there any hazzle to get back in the US for us? And is it worth it on such a short vacation?

It would be awesome to take a stop in Mexico, since I haven't been there yet, and I love to explore new pages of the world-book.

And if anybody wants to throw in any suggestions to the rest of the trip, the route is not locked and the tickets hasn't been purchased yet, so feel free to give us some suggestions!

PS. If anybody wants some couch-crashers this summer or wants to hang out, show off your town or what ever, we are pretty down for meeting new people!

In advance - thanks :-)

more