Who delivers groceries to the town, and how often, at what cost
      How much is Diesel in the town?
      Is it a sealed road to the town?
      Thank you
      Tracey

more
    • Planning a DIY trip from Melbourne CBD to the Dandenongs

Belgrave 3 hours ago

Hi! I would really love to plan a day trip to Dandenongs but using public transportation. From Melbourne CBD, I will take the train to Belgrave and then ride the Puffing Billy.

Any help in where I should get off or back on if I was interested in also checking out:
      - Sherbrooke Forest Walk (doesn't have to be the entire thing but a portion of it)
      - check out a town, walk around and try some Devonshire tea
      - how to head back to Melbourne CBD easiest/cheapest without having to backtrack everything?

A step by step complete with the rides I need to catch would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! I know that tour operators offer this but if there is an option to do it on my own I always enjoy to do so.

If I get of the Puffing Billy at one stop to look around can I get back on it and continue on to the end of the line? Or does that mean another ticket?

Thank you!!

more
    • Phone Service

Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Mar 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM

Do you know how vodaphone service is?
      Thanks

more
    • Weather in Mount Isa

Mount Isa Feb 9, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in April for Mount Isa

more
    • jez25's Profile Photo

Ayers Rock Guide

Australia Feb 26, 2015 at 11:54 AM

Hi all,
      Would anyone know of a really good private guide (with vehicle) or a service to show us around Ayers Rock for at least a half day?
      We're especially interested in the early morning sunrise experience, but would like to see and learn as much as we can.

We arrive on Sunday, 3/1, and departi on Wednesday, the 4th.

Thanks in advance,
      Jan

more
    • jobs/accommodation /general info

Brisbane Feb 17, 2015 at 7:21 AM

Hi everyone, me and my boyfriend have flights booked for the 15th march. Anyone know of any fruit picking/farm jobs after that time? Accommodation and general traveller virgin tips would be appreciated! :) Thanks

more
    • PLS HELP ME!!!

Perth Mar 3, 2015 at 5:15 AM

HI, my name is Fion from Malaysia...

I am planning a budget backpack trip to Perth on 18/8/15 till 29/8/15 by myself alone...

I already list down the place i want to visit...but i am facing some problem such as the sequences of the places because i am not very clear about the geography of perth. i also facing the transportation problem too...may somebody give me some suggestion?

PERTH TRIP ( 18/8/15-30/8/15)

Perth to Fremantle ( by

• Fremantle market

• Western Australian Maritime Museum

• Fremantle Markets

• Fremantle's Fishing Boat Harbour

• Stay 1 night

Perth to Pinnacles

• Yanchep National Park

• Pinnacles Desert

• Lancelin

• Wildflowers

• Day trip and find a local tour

Perth to ROTTNEST

• Quokkas

• Little Salmon Bay

• Oliver Hill Gun and Tunnel Tour

• Little Parakeet Bay

• Stay 1 night

Perth to Mandurah

• Mandurah Art Gallery

• See dolphins

• Dunsborough and Yallingup artists

• Margaret River artists

• Busselton Jetty

• 2 nights

Perth to ALBANY, DENMARK & WALPOLE

• Torndirrup National Park

• Whale watching

• Great Southern wineries

• William Bay National Park

• Valley of the Giants Treetop Walk ( $15)

• 4 days

Perth City

• Perth Cultural Centre

• Northbridge Piazza

• Perth Lanes

• Kings Park

• 4 days

BUDGETS

AUD1500
      problems to solve

1. how should i arrange the sequences of the city

2. the transportation with the lowest cost

Thanks a lot!!!!

more
    • Jeevz000's Profile Photo

ADVICE NEEDED :)

Hobart Feb 26, 2015 at 10:32 PM

My itenary - Devonport - bicheon (1night) - Swansea(2nights) - Hobart (2nights) & cradle mountain ( 2 nights) - back to Devonport - spirit of Tasmania( evening ferry)

I`ll be staying in Hobart , and was thinking of driving into port Arthur for the ghost tours at night. Will driving back from port Arthur to Hobart at night safe?

Also I was planning to do Salamanca market , in the morning and leave early afternoon from Hobart to cradle mountain. Is that doable, because I think the drive up is almost 4-5 hours?

Driving:
      I actually have a choice between the holden SV6 which is a 3000CC vehicle (more powerful but manual ) and the Suzuki 1200 CC ( less powerful and automatic transmission) ... tough time deciding which to go with!
      Any advice on which car to take will be helepful too .

THANKS AGAIN ! in advance :)
      jeevz

more
    • heydelin's Profile Photo

Moving to Sydney this Saturday

Sydney Mar 3, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Hey! Just wondering if you can give me some general tips for Sydney. I'll be moving there from New Zealand for work (I am originally from the Philippines). My work place is in Chatswood and I'm moving alone this Saturday staying in a hotel for 2 weeks. After few days, my partner will follow. Would appreciate if you can give me tips on how to be economical in Sydney- transportation, food, travel, etc. I still have no friends in Australia and if any of you would like to meet up, give me a message too!

Thank you so much!

Your new expat friend,

Haydee

more
    • Jobs/ travelling/ accommodation/ info

Brisbane Feb 26, 2015 at 2:41 AM

Hi,

I wrote on this site not long ago, so thank you for the helpful responses. However I have trawled through so many recruitment sites, pretty much covering them all with no such luck. So if anyone has any genuine contacts for fruit picking/ farm work/ or anything for two people please let me know :) we will be travelling on the 15th March from the UK so will be painfully arriving in Brisbane around the 17th, Thanks, hope you can help!

more
    • 8/9 Day itinerary - Advice Needed!

Australia Feb 28, 2015 at 1:28 AM

Hello! Me and my wifey are planning a 8/9 days trip to Australia during the end of March and First week of April. We are thinking about visiting Sydney and Melbourne, mostly. This is the draft plan we are hoping it will work out . Any idea if this is doable?

Mar-27: Start
      Mar-28: Reach Melbourne @9PM
      Mar-29 - Day 1: Melbourne
      Mar-30 - Day 2: Great Ocean Drive
      Mar 31 - Day 3: Great Ocean Drive
      Apr 1 - Day 4: Melbourne
      Apr 2 - Day 5: Depart to Sydney (Morning) - Sydney
      Apr 3 - Day 6: Sydney
      Apr 4 - Day 7: Sydney - Blue Mountains
      Apr 5 - Day 8: Sydney - Back to Melbourne (Evening)
      Apr 6 - Day 9 : Fly back home (Morning)

Any other ideas/thoughts, please help!

more
    • Where to Stay in Gold Coast?

Gold Coast Feb 25, 2015 at 12:36 AM

Hi, will be visiting Sea world, Movie World and Dream World for 3 days with my wife and 2 children. Can someone please advice where will be best hotel to stay. Will there be free transportation available from these hotel to the theme park?

Would be great if there are shopping around the hotel so as to do some shopping during the evening, after visiting the theme park.

Thanks

more
    • Jeevz000's Profile Photo

Driving with a small car?

Tasmania Feb 24, 2015 at 2:45 AM

Hi ! ill be driving to Tasmania via melb , on a Suzuki swift 1.2L hatchback. From what I gathered the roads are pretty steepy in Tasmania? Will a small 1200 cc Suzuki be able to take the pressure of driving round the island? ill be staying 10 days .. driving from Devonport -- bicheon -- Swansea -- Hobart -- cradle mountain -- Devonport. And is gps navigation important ? Do advise and thanks in advance!
      cheers

more
    • Jobs/ travelling/ accommodation/ info

Australia Feb 17, 2015 at 8:43 AM

Hi,

I submitted a post earlier, but not sure if it worked. Me and my boyfriend have flights to Brisbane booked for the 15th March this year. We have given up our jobs in the UK, and are pretty much going out on a limb with no accommodation or work lined up. Could anybody advise me if there are any fruit picking/ farm jobs going and the best places to stay. Any info or potential work would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Claire

more