Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• High School Trip

Vashon Island Apr 7, 2014 at 9:47 AM

I am taking a group of high school students to the Seattle area on April 30-May 2. We will be staying in cabins at Camp Burton on Vashon Island. Are there any potential attractions that high school students might enjoy on the island?

more
    • Amtrack Cascade train

Seattle 14 hours ago

Is the Amtrack Cascade a worth while trip to get from Seattle to Vancouver? We have a cruise out of Vancouver.

more
    • Olympic NP or Mt. Rainier in May last week

Washington State Apr 15, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi All,
      I will be landing in Seattle on Fri night (5/23) and have 2 days with me to see one of Olympic/Mt. Rainier NP

Which one should I select and what should be the "Must See" attractions, keeping in mind that this will be the Memorial Day weekend and some of these place may still be under snow

My main objective is to capture nature/landscape photos, especially around Sunset / Sunrise / Night time. Are there any waterfalls/short hikes that I should see/do ?

Thanks

more
    • taxi from airport

Seattle Apr 8, 2014 at 6:34 PM

Does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Sea-Tac International airport to the Space Needle area?

Thanks!

more
    • Quacky, Fun and Interactive around Mt. St. Helens- recent experiences?

by heidisiegelbaum Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 1:51 PM

What recent experiences have you had around Mt. St. Helens in recent years? I'm looking for stories about getting outside (or inside) to fish, hike, raft, climb, learn about nature, confer with Sasquatch, eat, drink and experience the entire area...

The Geography: White Pass Scenic Byway: U.S. Route 12 from Interstate 5 east to Randle; North on FR 25, leading to the east side of Mt. St. Helens and the Windy Ridge Observatory via FR 99; Cowlitz River/505: from Toledo to 504, to the Mt. St. Helens Monument;Spirit Lake Highway: Castle Rock/SR 504 from Interstate 5 to Johnston Ridge Observatory;Lewis River/503: from Woodland to 90, connecting to FR 25 and FR 99 to the Mt. St. Helens Monument;Battle Ground/502: to 503, connecting to FR 25 and FR 99 to the Mt. St. Helens Monument;
      Columbia River Gorge Scenic Byway: Washougal to Carson on SR 14 (Lewis and Clark Scenic Byway). North from Carson on Wind River Road and Curly Creek which connects with FR 90, to the Pine Creek Information Station

4 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    • travellingtechie's Profile Photo

Mt St Helens vs Mt Rainier

by travellingtechie Online Now Oct 26, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Hi All!

I am planning a one-day trip to either Mt Rainier or Mt St Helens or both, if possible. I am currently put up in Redmond and would be driving and returning the same day (tomorrow).

Any ideas if both of these would be possible in one day or if any one of them should be seen. Also what are the different places to see/visit in each of these two mountains? How would the road conditions be?

Thanks in advance for the info!

Regards.

TT!

6 Answers Oct 30, 2011 at 10:18 PM
    • Transitoria's Profile Photo

Mount St. Helens, Monitor Trail

by Transitoria Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 11:26 AM

My daughter and I are going to be hiking to the rim of Mt. St. Helens on July 31, 2007. We have our permits, but would like some advice from someone who has "been there and done that". How long is Monitor Trail? Does it begin at the end of Ptarmigian Trail? Is 2 liters of water each really enough? Are there bears? We are camping two nights at Camp Bivouac and I have some questions concerning food and coolers as we are being dropped off and have no where to store these items. I do not want them in the tent with us because of animals. Does the camp have locking food storage bins as do some of the National Parks? Will we be able to get to the top and down before the sun sets?

• david1982's Profile Photo

Mt St Helens trip

by david1982 Online Now Mar 27, 2007 at 3:11 PM

I'm contemplating a trip to Mt St Helens to satisfy my volcano fascination.....I'm just wondering about possible itineries and lengths of trips....any ideas?? im flying in from london so could i fly to seattle or portland? anywhere else i can fit into say a two week holiday??

3 Answers Mar 28, 2007 at 5:36 AM
    • ChrisChant's Profile Photo

Visiting at the end of April

by ChrisChant Online Now Mar 13, 2005 at 6:00 AM

My daughter will be visiting a friend in Seattle at the end of April - how practical is a day trip to MSH and where is best to go - she will want some good pics.
      She will be travelling up by train from San Fran - alternatively is it possible to visit by public transport - Thanks guys

2 Answers Mar 13, 2005 at 11:25 AM
    • jwander's Profile Photo

Anyone want to have a blast?

by jwander Online Now Oct 3, 2004 at 9:24 PM

I hope to be on the mount next monday-tuesday (10/11-12) looking for some action... Anyone want to come?

7 Answers Oct 17, 2004 at 1:16 AM
    • What to see on limited time

by zbp71 Online Now Aug 19, 2004 at 10:23 AM

Hi I have 1-2 days to explore Mount Saint Helens (the third day is reserved for Mount Ranier). Am I better off taking route 504 or 503 or should I really take both? There is so much to see; I can't sem to narrow it down. Also, any ideas on where to stay in the MSH area? Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Answers Sep 8, 2004 at 5:52 PM