Mount Rainier National Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 3 days in the park

by aarkof Online Now Jul 17, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Hello. I unexpectedly got 5 days of vacation, so I didn't have any time for planning. Can anybody please recommend me the route and places to see/visit/stay in the Mt. Rainier NP? So 1st day and last day I'm flying in/out of Seattle (or should it be Portland)? It leaves me 3 full days to visit the park. I want to rent a car and drive through the scenic places, having 2-3 hour hikes here and there taking lots of pictures and enjoying the scenery. It'd be great if someone who is familiar with this area could recommend me:
      - Road numbers to take
      - Where to stop overnight (hotel/motel, not campground)
      - Most scenic 2-3 hour hikes
      - Places to stop - vista points

Thanks a lot in advance

1 Answer Jul 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM
    • Swimming/wading

by BigRed78 Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 12:58 PM

We are planning a trip next week (first trip to Mt. Rainier!) and I'd like to know if there are any particularly good spots to get out and wander into/alongside a creek? Just wading around and having a picnic sounds perfect to me and I have someone in my group who cannot walk very far if the trail is steep at all. Easy, short hikes are fine though.

1 Answer Jul 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM
    • PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Grove of the Patriarchs

by PinkFloydActuary Online Now May 29, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Hello, all. I've been trying to get an answer from the NPS, but haven't heard back yet. I'll be travelling to Mt. Rainier this week, and one of the highlights I've read about is the Grove. However, I see that Stevens Canyon Road is currently closed. The entrance to the Grove looks to be right off 123 on this road. So my question is, can you get to the Grove when SC Road is closed, or should I not plan on heading to that side of the park?

Thanks for any and all help!

2 Answers May 31, 2007 at 4:24 AM
    • how to spend 2 days in Mt. Rainier NP in Nov 1st week ?

by MissingLosAngeles Online Now Oct 23, 2005 at 2:23 PM

Hello,

I am planning to go to Mt. Rainier NP on 4th - 6th Nov.
      I know the summer is over and this is not hiking season. But I just want to go.

Can anybody suggest some reasonable lodging options (its raining - cant camp out).
      Any suggestion about which trails to hike/ must visit vista points?

1 Answer Oct 24, 2005 at 11:11 AM
    • third person for rainier

by eaglegirl Online Now Jul 14, 2004 at 8:05 AM

hi, this august we are planning a trip to seattle, our dates are from august 5- 15th, if there is someone who would like to join our party of two .. email me at diane_sim@yahoo.com we are strong hikers who have not climbed rainier before, we plan to hike winthrop/emmons route... we are a married couple, friendly and caring. thanks diane

1 Answer Oct 11, 2005 at 8:55 PM