I am considering moving to Australia and work in Mount Isa. I am concerned about Health issues as there are a lot of industries smelters etc in Mount isa. Is there any danger to health from these? Second thing is about the life in Mount Isa. Is it a good place to live in considering that it is a small town and I like living in a big city like Sydney etc.
I shall appreciate an early replay.
don't bother, hows the black star going, I hear they are having problems with hiring staff, thinking of relocating back to the Isa.
Am new at VirtualTourist and just found some pretty good info from members regarding Mount Isa.
I'm currently looking at working there, its not sure yet as my application is still up in the air but I'd like to get as much info on the Isa as I can just in case. So here are my questions for those who care to reply :)
1. Is a car a necessity? How much is a trusty 2nd hand car there?
2. How about rental accomodations? I've read that its pretty tough to get vacancies for most flats. Is this still true?
3. How is the nightlife there?
4. Is pollution a problem? Any public health concerns on those smelter fumes?
5. Any other info you can share for possible newcomers there?
Thanks in advance for any bit of info you can give...