Mount Everest Travel Answers

change location
JessicaRowe's Profile Photo

Adventure Pilgrims Trekking Pty Ltd

by JessicaRowe Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 4:54 AM

Hi, I'm interested in booking a 14 day EBC trek with Adventure Pilgrims Trekking. I would like some feedback on this tour company. Has onyone used them and can you recommend?

Thanks.

Jess

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • into-thin-air's Profile Photo

Re: Adventure Pilgrims Trekking Pty Ltd

by into-thin-air Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 5:42 AM

Can’t say that I have come across Adventure Pilgrims Trekking myself but this is hardly surprising as there are now 820 TAAN Members
    http://www.taan.org.np/member_directory
    However Adventure Pilgrims Trekking is one of them and that is always a god start so as long as you have been recommended them by someone you know and trust then give them a go.
    However, if you want my own recommendation of the agent that I have used for 8 trips to Nepal over the last 17 years then feel free to drop me a line – If for no other reason it would give you a good outfit to compare prices / levels of service with ;-)
    Good Luck and Happy Safe Trekking
    Rob

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • earthflyer's Profile Photo

by earthflyer Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 8:40 AM

can't say I have heard of them either but just like into-thin-air has said their are many of them.

I havn't done as many treks as the above post but I did do a 17 day trek to Everest Base Camp but we oppted to give basecamp a miss and go up to the summit of Kala Phattar from which you have a 360 degree panoramic view of all the mountains including Everest. Anyway The company I used was www.himalayanglacier.com and also did and an overland trip to Lhasa(Tibet) and back with them and wasn't disappointed with anything.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo

by Odinnthor Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 1:39 PM

The above Intothinair and earthflyer, consistently have excellent advice and recommendations here in the Nepal forums. Although I have been a few times, the influx of new operators is hard to keep up with.

However, as a longtime tour director, I have a bit of a knack for weeding out the bad guys from the good ones online.

Adventure Pilgrims have been around for sixteen years, and are members in good standing of most of the local affiliations. Their website is very solid with all pertinent information needed for a decision. I would agree, that they are likely a good choice. However, if I was going back to Nepal, even thought I have been a few times, I would still chat with the two above mentioned members, and would likely take their advise on who to use.

Remember to obtain insurance for the trip, and as I understand it APT, does require it, but do not require evac insurance. I would absolutely add it to your travel insurance, as you are required to pay cash for any such emergency evacuations, unless insurance company has agreed to cover it. This company has served me well in the past.

http://www.worldnomads.com/

• JessicaRowe's Profile Photo

by JessicaRowe Online Now Dec 11, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Hi Rob

Thanks for yr email. Can I please have the contact details of yr guide? Adventure trekking are asking for a third deposit ASAP for my trek in Sep 2012. I just want to make sure I've made a wise choice before committing. This company was not recommended by anyone - I found them on the net.

Thank you

Jess

• into-thin-air's Profile Photo

by into-thin-air Online Now Dec 13, 2011 at 1:44 AM

Hi Jess
    Fist of all it is never a good idea to tie yourself into one company before you arrive and a 1/3 up front does seem an Excessive amount in any case !!
    The agent that I use only asks for deposits occasionally (For things like transportation from the airport to Pokhara and flights to Lukla departing soon after arrival) and then only a small one !!
    I always advocate that trekkers should meet and interview their trekking staff before paying any money and before heading off on trek.
    Details of the agent that I use are on my travelogue entitled A Very Important Decision on my Nepal page
    Just drop him a line outlining your proposed trek and travel dates and he will email you with an idea of price.
    I Hope that helps but if you need more info then drop me a line
    Happy Travels
    Rob

• earthflyer's Profile Photo

by earthflyer Online Now Dec 13, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Agree with Rob,

This is what I did in when I was looking for a trek in Kathmandu. The hotel I was staying at also run the HimalayianGlacier company and is a family run business. I asked if he had any small groups doing EBC trek as I was not interested in joining a big group and I was lucky he had American couple who were looking for 2 extra people to join them and like myself they also did not want to part of a big group. We had a young swiss guy join us all as well.

Before we flew out to Lukla we all meet for the first time at an evening meal of traditional local food and dance where we also met our guide for the whole trip. We won't the only one's there others seem to be doing the same meet and greet before heading of on a trek to wherever. This was a very good thing considering just about to hand over a lot of money for the trek but in the end it was worth every penny and the memories will last a life time.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mount Everest