Mount Everest Travel Answers

change location

Medical Insurance and Helicopter rescue

by maltosee Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 12:29 AM

Hi Folks

Santhosh here from Bangalore. We are a group of 6 friends planning an EBC mid april. Need some urgent advice on good agents in Nepal to procure medical insurance that covers helicopter rescue.

Would be indebted to anyone who can give us some good recommendations on this.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • thapaliya's Profile Photo

Re: Medical Insurance and Helicopter rescue

by thapaliya Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 3:48 AM

Hello,
    In Nepal There are More then 1000 Travel Agency and Trekking Operator.I suggest to you better to make Medical & Helli Rescue Insurance in Advance from Your country or self from there before travel starting...
    In Nepali Travel Agency they are able to manage all Helli Rescue Service and Medical Service form Kathmandu. If you have Insurance they will clam from Insurance if not you need to pay direct . Also in the way to Everest Base Camp Call (Pheriche) Village there is great Rescue Center and Himalayan Rescue Center for Traveler kind of small Hospital. some time i used Himalayan Glory Travel Agency in Thamel they are quite reliable and friendly person you may send inquires if you want (www.trip2himalaya.com) or Try other travel agency and trekking operator as well for block price ....

Hope it helps a bit if not you can Send Me PM
    Wish you a happy Journey in Nepal \himalaya

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Medical Insurance and Helicopter rescue

by Odinnthor Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Agree with the above. Obtain your travel insurance from home before you travel. This company has served me well in the past. It is an International travel insurance company and covers over 150 countries.

http://www.worldnomads.com/

• Re: Medical Insurance and Helicopter rescue

by maltosee Online Now Mar 29, 2011 at 11:23 AM

thanks a lot for the timely response. do you have any pointers abt medical insurance agents based out of india for trekking adventures. Will be very helpful since we can actually visit and verify. again thanks a ton.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mount Everest