Mount Everest Travel Answers

change location

Reputable trekking outfits in USA

by jenfavre Online Now Dec 29, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Other than Mountain Madness, does anyone know of or have any experience with a reputable trekking outfit operating in the US? I'm looking into a trek to EBC spring 2008 and would love some feedback if anybody has some. Thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • RE: Reputable trekking outfits in USA

by CrazyKanuck Online Now Feb 16, 2007 at 9:37 AM

Hello Jen,

I am also looking to go to EBC in spring of 2008. I am in San Francisco and was wondering if you ended up finding any other trekking companies. How are you planning on training for it??

Rick

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • canuck11's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Reputable trekking outfits in USA

by canuck11 Online Now Mar 16, 2007 at 1:17 AM

I went with Intrepid Travel and they were great. They aren't American, Australian I think. No problems whatsoever and great guides. Max group size of 12 with people ranging from mid 20's to mid 30's. We had a good mix of Canadians (me), Americans, Australians and UK.

I checked Mountain Madness and their land cost is2,950! That's really expensive! EBC with Intrepid is about900 US. I'm sure we were staying at a lot of the same teahouses as Mountain Madness on the way up eating the same food. We paid for our own food but it's pretty cheap,10-15/day. I don't know what they could offer to justify a cost of 3x more.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Mount Everest