Need someone to climb Mt Aspiring March - April 2007.
No Mountineering experience.
Rock Climbing and Ski Touring in Australia for years. Cant afford500 a day for a guide any ideas?
Did you mean?Try your search again
I have 9 days on the North Island , after a week on official visit here. Will have visited Rotorua for 3 days & Auckland for another 3 ('usual' sites like Taupo, Waitomo, etc). Am looking at the Coromandels on my extension stay. Would appreciate it if you have suggestions of what are the must sees for the Coromandels & on the north island. Thanks.
Am also considering bringing along a folding bike for the trip. How easy is it to bring this up trains and buses? Is it a good idea? (Bringing it on the plane shouldn't be a problem).
thanks for any advice while I also frantically try to do my readings!
Hello, I'll be in NZ in January. I'd like to know if it's possible to attend a cricket or rugby game. As I will be visiting North and South Island, let me know when and where I can attend rugby or cricket and I will see if it's possible for me to be there. I haven't found any on Internet thus far.
Also, I've searched a lot to find an affordable price for a car rental in Aucland to Wellington (drop off) from January 1 to January 6 2016. Prices are very expensive. I've checked Apex, go rentals and a lot of other rental companies. It seems it is no cheap. Anybody can help me?
Hi everyone, I am looking for a jewelry box whose lid is an abalone shell. I know it came from New Zealand, but I can't place the supplier of this item.
I found various places in NZ where they sell the shells, but they do not make any products out of them.
If someone knows where these items are sold, I would be very grateful for the info.
Hello all! I've done a lot of research for this trip that I had in mind for years.. My plane tickets are bought :)
However, the most difficult part is to choose among too many nice places to visit/see.
So, I have the following questions. I would appreciate your help, even though you could answer only one of these:
I will start with the North Island.
1.It's a very busy period around January 1st in Paihia. Accomodation is very expensive. For that reason, I think I would instead stay 2 days in the Coromandel area OR in the Bay of Plenty area. I can't make a choice. Any help?
2. Not sure about Tauranga...Is the White Island interesting?
3.Would like to see the Polyneysians spas near Rotorua. I think I'd like to spend 2 days there. Would like to experience the hot pools. Not sure about the hobbit though. Was said it's a tourist trap.
4. Perhaps 1 day in Rotorua and one day in Taupo( Wairakei Geothermal). What do you think?
5. I would like to do one day of trecking only. I thought that the Tongariro would be a nice place for that. Or, I may choose the South Island for that day of trecking. Is Tongariro a must do?
6.I think Napier might be a nice destination for the Art Deco and the wine (Hawke's Bay - that Sauvignon is one of my favorites)
7. Then from Napier to Wellington. 2 days for the city is enough? I will visit the Te papa, cable car, Mount Victoria.
8. Wondering if it's worth it to take the ferry from Well. to Picton or to fly directly from Well. to Christchurch. Then I could go to Greymouth via Arthur's Pass. If I take the ferry, I would go to Nelson and then to Wesport (and then down the West Coast).
9. The ferry would allow me to go to Blenheim and the wineries. Is it very different from the Napier area?
10. Is the Punakaiki between Westport and Greymouth? If yes, I will have to drive between those 2 cities. Is there a time of the day or of the year when it's better for the blowholes?
11. By the way, I have driven only once on the left side of the road (in Scotland). I am wondering (very important question) if the roads are OK for a person that is not used to the left driving??? Especially down the West coast of south island. Is it true that there are bends and no fence protection on the roads (fall in the valley?) and that is is dangerous?
12.I want to do the glaciers, but take the Heli on only one of them. Do you suggest Franz or Fox for the heli?
13.From the glaciers I would go to Queenstown and base there for 3 days.Or base 1 day in Wanaka?
14. Is the road from Wanaka to Queenstown difficult (left drive)?
15.I'd like to go to Milford Sound and drive one way only (not drive back and forth, because it might be too long a day). Are you aware of a company doing a tour one way only?
16. I'd really like to go to Mount Cook, but it seems impossible to do considering the fact I will do the glaciers. the only possible way of doing it would be to take a tour (coach) from Queenstown for one day, back and forth the same day. Is it really worth it? Of course I'd like to see Lake Pukaki.... But considering that the weather can prevent me from seeing the Mount, is it really a good idea to do such a very long coach tour .... Your help on this one will be particularly appreciated.
17. And finally I will spend 2 or 3 days in Christchurch before going back home. Is a day trip to Kaikoura to see the whales a good idea? I am just wondering if it's the season for the whales in January.Or How about Akaroa instead of Kaikoura (if I cant do both).
Thanks a lot for your precious help.
I understand that doing this involves a big amount of driving. But i think I have no choice if I want to do the most and make stops to admire the beauties on the road!
VirtualTourist®© 1994-2015 VirtualTourist.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.Back to Top
|All reports are strictly confidential. Please explain why you are reporting this:|