Motovun Travel Answers

change location

Motovun in July

by pagl57 Online Now May 30, 2011 at 7:55 AM

Hi, we rented a villa in motovun in july, during the film festival. It's pure coincidence, but it is ok for us. We will go the the festival maybe a couple of nights, but we are no festival afficionados.
I do have some questions.
When arriving from Rijeka towards Motovun on the first day of our rental, we have some supermarket-shopping to do (vegetables, meat, bread, wine,... Where, on the road between rijeka and motovun, would we do this?
Is there a normal supermarket (vegetables, meat, bread)for everyday food in Motovun? Or do we have to go to another town? Which one?
On the evenings we would not go to the festival, where, in some 20 km radius, would we go to eat, away from the festival hectics?
Thanks in advance!
P.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • robine's Profile Photo

Re: Motovun in July

by robine Online Now May 30, 2011 at 1:56 PM

This festival is lots of fun, with an excellent atmosphere. We stayed in a hotel, but I'm pretty sure there are supermarkets, and if not then certainly corner shops which sell essentials, and also decent restaurants. Don't miss Porec, about 20 km away, where you can eat well.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • katamorgana's Profile Photo

by katamorgana Online Now May 31, 2011 at 9:21 AM

Hi try this map
    konzum.hr/Prodavaonice/karta...

Put "Opatija" to "Grad" frame and click to "Trazi". Then scale the map and you should find a few market places on the way from Rieka to Ucka tunnel.

• KristaB's Profile Photo

by KristaB Online Now May 31, 2011 at 12:00 PM

I had a lovely meal at this place in Buzet:
    stara-ostarija.com.hr/menuen...

and I sometimes treat myself with a relaxing weekend in Istarske toplice health resort
    istarske-toplice.hr/pages_en...
    The restaurant is not that fancy but if you decide to maybe spend a day/afternoon there, it might be convenient. The resort isn't fancy either, the spa swimming pool is rather basic (and too cold for me), but they have reasonably priced beauty treatments, sauna, massage etc. The pathway behind the spa leads up to an ancient church ruin, it's a lovely not too demanding hike which will reward you with great views towards Motovun. The parking area is free and available also if you don't use the resort facilities.

I had a meal at famous Zigante restaurant in Livade, it was tasty but rather expensive - well, I'd happily pay again and again for their truffle icecream!

Have a wonderful time in Istria!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines