Motovun Travel Answers

change location

Parking???

by Fon1692 Online Now May 1, 2007 at 4:11 AM

Hi, my boyfriend and I are staying in Motovun in June for a fortnight. The problem comes as we are flying onto Rijeka airport and a taxi transfer costs in excess of £200. It doesnt look like the buses run there on a saturday (if anyone knows any different pls let me know) so car hire will be the be as expensive. Can anyone tell me what the parking situationis in Motovun as I know it is a car free town and dont want to hire a car if we cant leave it anywhere.
Many thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Parking???

by balkan_adict Online Now May 1, 2007 at 4:25 AM

No way should a transfer to Motovun from Rijeka airport cost you £200

Have a word with Graham at Bosmere Travel in the UK as I am sure he can do you a much better price. I have used them in the past and they are consistently cheaper than most companies offering transfers.

There is a car park (pay) at the bottom of the hill into Motovun, you can either walk up or take the tractor train up. Motovun is not strictly car free as locals take their cars up and out of season I have parked at the top of the road.

Bryan

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • davesut's Profile Photo

Re: Parking???

by davesut Online Now May 3, 2007 at 12:16 PM

I assume you are staying on the hill top itself. You can park cars along the road up to the top. From memory it would be 5 minutes walk up the hill. I think you would be ok as long as you do not have lots of bags. I am beginning to think if you can leave your car on the road all day, I am not sure and my memory is fading sorry, but there is a car park at the base of the hill. I do remember people parking there and setting off on foot. There is a traffic control situation when busy - a one in one out policy - and we waited in car. The people on foot got to the top before us. I would not think it was more than 15 minutes walk.

I would think car hire would be a real bonus. Motovun is a delightful town but very small and you could see everything there in an afternoon. I don't know your plans but I do know bus travel in and out is irregular so if you can afford it take the car option to see much more of Istria.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines