Mostar Travel Answers

change location
Ozen's Profile Photo

from mostar to belgrade

by Ozen Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 2:10 AM

We are changing the directions of our trip. We will directly do to dubrovnik and stay one night, from dubrovnik to mostar.we are not planning to stay at mostar, we will go to belgrade from mostar.My question is;
what is the best and safe way to go to belgrade from mostar? or should we go to sarajevo and then mostar?

Thanks a lot.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Re: from mostar to belgrade

by GyuriFT Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 5:49 AM

Merhaba,

It really depending on your stomach how you like the busses and also on the visas (not sure how it is for you in Croatia).

If Mostar is not your priority and you are starting in Dubrovnik, than my first thougt is to go to Ploce and from Ploce on by rail. There will be one night train running from Ploce to Zagreb, but currently there is one daytime train. It departs Ploce very early (6:20), goes via Mostar (7:51), Sarajevo (10:14) and Doboj (13:20). You can de-train in Doboj - it's an interesing place with a castle.

From Doboj there is a train to Beograd at 00:18, arriving 6:22 next morning.

There are busses for sure but I am patronizing railway if it is possible.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Ozen's Profile Photo

by Ozen Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 6:47 AM

Merhaba:)
    From dubrovnik to Ploce by bus
    From Ploce to Doboj by train
    From Doboj to belgrad by train
    do you think it is going to be safe:)

• GyuriFT's Profile Photo

by GyuriFT Online Now Apr 5, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Merhaba,

I don't expect big issues there. The trains won't be luxury but not bad. Look at Bosnia and Serbia picture collection at www.railfaneurope.net It used to be much better long ago but now it is better than during the conflict and it is safe.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines