Moskovskaya Oblast'

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TRAVEL FROM VLADIVOSTOK TO SIKHOTE ALIN NATURE RESERVE

Vladivostok Apr 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Hello can anyone please recommend the best way to get to Sikhote Alin Reserve if flying into Vladivostok? is there a local company offering a driving service or a train available?

Many thanks!

more
    • jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

Moscow Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

more
    • About hotels

Respublika Kareliya Mar 31, 2014 at 7:23 AM

Is there any hotels or accommodation in KEM or LOUKHI ? Please tell me

more
    • Rent a car and driver

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk Mar 28, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Can you rent a car and driver in Yuzhno Salinsk that will pick you up and drop you back to the cruise ship terminal in Korsakov? If so any idea how much per hour or for 4 -5 hours? Thankyou.

more
    • english speaking 1.5 day world war 2 tour

Volgograd Mar 25, 2014 at 2:31 PM

we are 2 couples coming at the beginning of July , could we get offers for a 1.5 guided tour based on world war 2 events ?

more
    • Travel by car

Russia Apr 5, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I'm planing on going to Russia this may, and i need few informations. Traveling by my own car, i'm wondering how much do taxes on the border cost (i'm staying for about 3,4 days)? Is it cheaper if i come through belarus then baltic countries?

more
    • russian visa from u.k

Moscow Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

more
    • Address in Smolensk

Smolensk Apr 2, 2014 at 5:21 AM

Hello,

I am trying to verify an address can somebody help me. My email is redbells91360@gmail.com

LIDER 2 Garden Street Smolensk , 25a (square Zhelyabov )

Thank you,

Nicholas

more
    • Welcome to Republic of Mari El !!!

Respublika Mariy-El Apr 13, 2014 at 11:20 PM

The Republic of Mari El is included in Privolzhsky Federal District and is situated in the centre part of the Russian Federation. Its territory is 23.4 thousand square Km, the population is 698.3 thousand people.
      It borders on the Nizhny Novgorod Oblast in the west, on the Kirov Oblast in the north-east, on the Tatarstan Republic and the Chuvash Republic in the south.
      The population of the Republic of Mari El consists of Mari people – 43%, Russian people – 47,5%, Tatars people – 5,9%. Over 50 nationalities are living on the territory of Republic. The official languages are Russian and Mari.
      The Republic of Mari El means “Mari country» translated from Mari language. It is a wonderful land with beautiful nature, riches lakes and forests. There are over 600 pure and deep lakes in the Republic where most of them are karstic origin, about 476 rivers having total extension over 7 thousand kilometers.
      About 50 percent of the territory of the Republic is covered with forests. For century, the forest was place of habitation, source of food and sacred temple for Mari pagans. Today, the Mari people is one of a few peoples of Europe, preserving the paganism practically in permanent form as an official national religion. There are about 520 pagan sacred groves in the Republic of Mari El.
      Modern the Republic of Mari El is dynamically developing territory on which contemporary architecture adjoins with numerous historical and cultural sites.
      The most popularity gained a capital city of the Republic of Mari El – Yoshkar-Ola (from translated Mari language means “Red city», beautiful city) with its excellent architectural ensembles - Tsarevokokshaisk Kremlin, Patriarch's Square, area of the first tsarevokokshaisk leader/voevode Obolensky-Nogotkova, where there is an unique musical clock with icon of the Mother of God « Troeruchitsi» installed above the arch in the tower, magnificent palaces of sports.
      Today the capital city of the Republic is modern comfortable city having its unique colour and individuality. The city is actively develop, embellish new parks and squares, areas and boulevards. In renewal city combine local colour, tradition of chief town of a uyezd and old European design. Also, Yoshkar-Ola attracts its compact structure and all sights are located walking distance from each other.
      The Republic of Mari El is original, charming and always attractive for lovers of travel and active sport.
      The Republic of Mari El is region with which met once, difficult to leave.

more
    • Americans in Moscow

Moscow Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

more
    • MirkaKripac's Profile Photo

Russian Visa Support Documents - Tourist Voucher, Invitation

Russia Apr 16, 2014 at 4:02 PM

Hi,

Please do you have an advice how to get the Russian visa support documents?
      We would like to travel on our own, staying in apartments booked through airbnb.com.
      Do you know some reliable companies providing this service?

Best,
      Mirka

more
    • Worried about visit to St. Petersburg in May

Saint Petersburg Mar 26, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Going to St. Petersburg in May (2014). We are Canadian, in our 60's and going on our own for 5 days. Already have our VISA. Coming in from Helsinki on train. Frankly we are very concerned about what we might face when we get there given all that is happening ..... Should we be worried? Our consulate website basically says nothing except that they have limited services now. (They closed the St. Petersburg branch)
      Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • johngayton's Profile Photo

Buying Train Tickets Online

Russia Apr 20, 2014 at 8:08 AM

I'm trying to buy a St Petersburg to Moscow train ticket using rdz.ru The site takes me through the reservation and the payment with no problems (I've created a log-in profile) but after I've completed the payment bit, including the security verification, it declines the transaction.

I'm in the UK, using a Visa debit card.

Has anyone else here had similar problems?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

more
    • Info Golden Ring Cities

Sergiyev Posad Jan 19, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Hi There
      I Need to decide in which Golden Ring town to stay over, has 6 nights to tour the golden Ring from Sergiyev Posad, Peryeslavi Zalessky, Rostov, Yaroslavl, Kostroma, Ples, Ivanovo, Suzdal, Vladimir. Please assist. Regards Annamarie

1 Answer Jan 19, 2014 at 12:16 PM
    • AlanaB's Profile Photo

Safety of Dubna Russia?

Dubna May 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM

I will be going to Dubna for five weeks this summer and was wondering how safe it is as a whole. I am looking to do some morning running and want to make sure that this is advisable. What is crime like in the city? Are there areas to avoid, times to avoid being out alone (of course middle of the night, but otherwise). My assumption is that it is quite a safe place due to it being a scientific town with a relatively small size, but I would like to make sure before I go.

Will running be a problem or hazardous, or will I be fine if I exercise the normal precautions used when running elsewhere?

2 Answers May 12, 2013 at 11:51 PM
    • Summer Skating in Dubna

Dubna Jan 11, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Just out of curiosity (and I hope this isn't out of place) is there an indoor ice rink in Dubna that allows for skating in the summer? Or even better a speed skating club (Конькобежный спорт/Шорт-трек)? I'll be there for a couple of months this summer and would love to keep skating in my free time :)

Much Thanks!

• Dubna hotels

Dubna Jun 30, 2011 at 5:44 AM

I am traveling to Dubna in connection with the water ski championships in July and need information about hotels. Can anyone tell me about the Resident Hotel? What hotel would you recommend? Thank you. David Hensley

1 Answer Jun 30, 2011 at 11:01 PM
    • traveling to dmitrov at the end of march 2011

Dmitrov Mar 14, 2011 at 3:16 PM

I would like to stay at Dmitrov at the end of this month as a supporter for the french team for the world U 18 women ice hockey champioship but all the hotel I have found on internet are full. All the hotel I'm able to find are at least at 40km from Dmitrov, but I don't know in which direction.
      As I know anybody, I would like to find another solution, so I need to know what is the frequency of the train between Moscow and Dmitrov. If it's frequent enought I could choose another city along this line, or I could stay in in an hotel in Moscow near the savelowsky railway station ?
      Or is it easy to drive a car from Moscow to Dmitrov without knowing any things in the Russian writing ?
      Or could you know what could be the price to do with taxi about 40km ?
      What are your advices ?
      Many thanks
      Christiane

2 Answers Mar 14, 2011 at 10:42 PM
    • Russian tour operators in Moscow?

Moskovskaya Oblast' Jun 20, 2009 at 7:55 AM

Hello!
      I speak and read Russian but I cannot find Russian tour-operators in Moscow. I am interested in visiting Moscow and make an excursion to the Golden Ring (Suzdal,Sergyev Posad, vladimir, etc) and Sanct Petersburg for a reasonable price,i.e. not as expensive as foreign tour operators offer.
      I would also appreciate any tips too do on my own. Which are the "musts" in Moscow and S.Petersburg that are not usually shown to tourists?
      Thanks in advance,
      Masha

6 Answers Feb 17, 2011 at 8:18 AM
    • How long does it take to get to Sergiyev Posad by train from Moscow?

Sergiyev Posad Nov 3, 2008 at 12:12 AM

How long does it take to get to Sergiyev Posad by train from Moscow?

Appreciate your help on this.
      thanks
      Dennis

2 Answers Nov 6, 2008 at 3:39 AM
    • transportation

Dubna Apr 11, 2008 at 6:19 PM

does the bus or train have bathroom?

1 Answer Apr 11, 2008 at 10:38 PM
    • Museum Information

Kolomna Feb 27, 2008 at 8:21 AM

Is ther a museum in Kolomna by the name of 'Local Lore Museum.' If there is could you give me the address?
      Thank you,
      Eric

1 Answer Feb 27, 2008 at 8:29 AM
    • muranovo museum phone-number

Muranovo Oct 28, 2007 at 7:47 AM

Dear Sir, please tell me a.s.a.p. the phone-no. of the museum. Thanks.

2 Answers Oct 28, 2007 at 9:11 AM
    • Istra Pula tourist costs

Istra Aug 7, 2007 at 12:15 AM

Hi,

I am going to Pula on Sep 12th, I am so interested in Istra. I wanna know the tourist costs like food, restourants, bar and etc. I will appriciate it if you send to me some people opinions and experinces about Hotels, entertainments and what to do.
      Thank you in advance

• isildur06's Profile Photo

accomadation (not necessariliy central)

Moskovskaya Oblast' Mar 19, 2007 at 2:47 AM

Hello !
      I have been checking the prices of the flats and hotels in moscow for the last few days and numbers I have seen opened new windows in my life.
      As far as I understand any sort of accomadation centaral costs a fortune. Actually I don't mind travelling with metro for 15-20 mins to reach the central district, how much do the modest flats and hotels cost around that distance from the central moscow.
      I know some russian, if anyone can advise me some websites which advertise these sort of flats instead of top-rated touristic ones i will be happy to hear.
      Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Mar 24, 2007 at 4:17 AM
    • moving to lyubersty

Lyubertsy Sep 6, 2006 at 9:26 AM

My family and I will be moving to Lyubersty for about 9 months in October. I've tried to do some research on the area but have found virtually nothing. I would appreciate any information that anyone might have on living there and what it's like. Also, we have a 7 month old child and I am wondering about the availability of baby gear once we get there. Thanks.

5 Answers Sep 8, 2006 at 10:54 PM
    • ellie

Troitskoye Mar 8, 2005 at 7:23 AM

We will be doing a river cruise leaving from Moscow in April. In doing some research I came across the following: at KM65 the village of Troitskoye floats a severed Aeroflot jet. Why? Can anyone answer this?

• darryl0173's Profile Photo

Kolomna, Russia Information Request

Kolomna Feb 16, 2005 at 12:20 AM

Does anybody know if a Children's Home exist in Kolomna, Russia? - Darryl

1 Answer Nov 30, 2005 at 4:57 AM
    • darryl0173's Profile Photo

Children's Home

Kolomna Feb 15, 2005 at 3:08 PM

Where is the Children's Home in Kolomna? Also, does Petrova Street exist?

14 Answers Mar 18, 2005 at 1:41 PM
    • Tsche's Profile Photo

Lifestyle in Serpukhov

Serpukhov Nov 20, 2004 at 10:29 AM

Hej folks :) I'm searching informations about Serpukhov - the city, the lifestyle there, public means of transport, shopping places, maybe a few insider-tips.. no typical tourist-sightseeing places please ;) That will be great if anyone can help me Tsche :]

• SAFE FOR ASIANS?

Moskovskaya Oblast' Oct 28, 2004 at 5:45 AM

Q: Hello, I plan to travel to Moscow & St. Petersburg with my mom next year (around end of November). But I got freaked out a bit when I read a news article about a Vietnamese student that got attacked, and other posts in other boards that talked about racial discrimination against Asians in Russia. Some say that the unrest caused by Chechen insurgents have made some Russians jumpy and security has been tightened (notorious passport checks!) . We are hiring a private tour guide for 7 days, but the guide won't be with us 24/7, especially during the overnight trainride from St. Petersburg to Moscow. That worries me, because skinheads reportedly hang-around the metro for victims. Would it be safe for 2 chinese ladies to travel to Moscow & St. Petersburg next year? I would appreciate everyone's thoughts on this matter, especially from other Asians who have travelled to Russia.

• Noguinsk area info

Noginsk Jun 24, 2004 at 2:56 AM

Need a bit of info on Noguinsk for an economic paper I am trying to write, Need maps, demographics, economic data etc as it is not so easy to find info on the web and I don t speak Russian ! Do they have a local business council?

1 Answer Jun 24, 2004 at 4:13 AM
    • LuisGE's Profile Photo

Just how much...?

Moskovskaya Oblast' Jun 7, 2004 at 11:25 AM

I'll be traveling in July to Moscow with my wife and daughter and I am trying to abide by a realistic budget, no frills, no thrills, just the bare essentials... Any idea of how much we should spare for food and transportation in a daily basis, for instance? Thansk a lot for your help.

3 Answers Jun 8, 2004 at 2:06 AM
    • Moscow to Sergiev Posad

Sergiyev Posad Sep 23, 2003 at 7:19 AM

Can you tell me where Sergiev POsad is from Moscow. North of Moscow, south, east or west? I cannot find that information anywhere. Thanks much, france3

3 Answers Sep 26, 2003 at 6:07 AM