Moskovskaya Oblast' Travel Answers

change location
LuisGE's Profile Photo

Just how much...?

by LuisGE Online Now Jun 7, 2004 at 11:25 AM

I'll be traveling in July to Moscow with my wife and daughter and I am trying to abide by a realistic budget, no frills, no thrills, just the bare essentials... Any idea of how much we should spare for food and transportation in a daily basis, for instance? Thansk a lot for your help.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ratherton's Profile Photo

Re: Just how much...?

by ratherton Online Now Jun 7, 2004 at 1:14 PM

Transport in Moscow is very cheap. You can get multi-trip cards on the metro. I normally buy a 10 ticket card which is 75 roubles. You can can go all over Moscow on one trip, there are no zones like there are in London, it's just 1 ticket per journey. Trams will cost you about 10 roubles per journey (if the conductor catches you :-)) I never really priced up food too much but it there are a few new 'supermarkets' appearing now as well as the old style suberb markets as well. You will almost certainly need to speak Russian if you go to these.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lorgnierl's Profile Photo

Re: Just how much...?

by lorgnierl Online Now Jun 7, 2004 at 1:36 PM

of course, you have to speack russian and know that prices could be different if you are russian or tourist at first, "marcheroute" are very cheap when you ll be out of the airport, but russian speaking is necessary metro is very cheap and nice and will be the more usefull, be carefull with bags, have a look on them may be some russian vt member could help you lio

• Pablos_new's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Just how much...?

by Pablos_new Online Now Jun 8, 2004 at 2:06 AM

Very complete info. I just want to add a little bit. Most part of Moscow restaurants offer so-called business lunches and sometimes breakfest menus. Price for full "Russian" lunch varies from 130R to 250R (i.e.4-$8). "Russian" lunch means - salad, gentle portion of soup, main dish with meat and garnish, plus non-alcoholic drinks and sometimes plus tea or coffe. Price does not depend very much of size of dish or quality, mainly price is status of the place. I know 20 good places around m. Taganskaya and m. Kitai Gorod. All serve good meals with resonable price. The best price/quality relation is in Woodstock Club Cafe - on Pokrovsky bulvard, mainly because they offer very big choice for just 160R. Cheers, P.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Moskovskaya Oblast' Travel Answer Locations