Travel Answers
Moshi

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• BE001903's Profile Photo

Can anyone recommend a good beach resort?

Zanzibar Island Dec 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM

We want to book +- 4 days at a beach resort in Zanzibar (after a short stay in Stone Town). We'll be going next year first week of June (after a 2 week safari ).
      I'm looking for: nice (preferable harass free ) beach, possibility to swim in the see, hotel with clean rooms with sea view, nice and clean pool, restaurants with à la carte possibility (preferably no buffets), possibility to book boat (and other ) tours with a preference for smaller hotels. Has anyone been to such a Zanzibar beach hotel (price range similar to Blue bay Beach resort which was proposed by the local agent but which seems to have reviews ranging from good to awfull)

more
    • BE001903's Profile Photo

Tanzania May

Tanzania Nov 23, 2014 at 4:14 AM

We're looking into a trip to Tanzania and Zanzibar next year. Plan would be to visit serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, Manyara, Tarangire the last 2 weeks of May and then 1st week of June off to Zanzibar. I know this is the end of wet season so I'm trying to assess what this means in practice. Does it rain all day?

more
    • sjokatt's Profile Photo

Salary for a Safari guide on private safari

Tanzania Nov 25, 2014 at 9:58 PM

Hi, we are four people going for 10 days private safari to four big parks in Tanzania. Does anyone know how high are the wages of the safari guides? How much should we pay to our guide for 10 days? He is self-employed.

more
    • What to do in Moshi for three days? I am staying at the Honey Badger Hotel.

by roxieadavis Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 5:29 AM

I will be in Moshi for three extra days while my husband and daughter walk up Kilimanjaro.
      Their trek is 8 days and my Safari is 5. I would like to explore Moshi without spending much
      money or no money because I am already paying alot for the Safari. Do you have any suggestions?

1 Answer Jan 13, 2014 at 2:44 AM
    • Maps and Local Bus routes

by Teri_0033 Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Hi,
      Do you have any information such as local maps or bus routes that could come in handy for my week spent in Moshi before the big climb? I would love to visit many of the places I have read about such as the forests of monkeys and hot springs and falls, has anyone got any advice for doing this without a guided tour etc. I would love some more info!!
      many thanks and a great festive season to you all

4 Answers Dec 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    • moshi to mombasa

by maganne19 Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 9:43 AM

We will be leaving the Keys Hotel Moshi after doing Kilimanjaro on Sunday 1 sept. We would like to go to Mombasa. Which is the best bus company ??

2 Answers Aug 28, 2013 at 2:44 AM
    • travel from Moshi to Mombasa

by sharynmead Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Are there planes from Moshi to Mombasa?

1 Answer Jun 27, 2013 at 9:23 PM
    • Arusha to Moshi after dark?

by karikky4e Online Now Dec 17, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Hello,
      We will travel from Nairobi to Arusha with the bus that starts at 14:00 o'clock, and will arrive around 18:30 - 19:00. Because our hotel is in Moshi, is there any possible way to go to Moshi the same day? Daladalas, taxi or something else?
      Thank you in advance.

1 Answer May 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM
    • Moshi!

by chrissy8411 Online Now Jul 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I will be traveling to Tanzania in about a month. My trip to there will be short because I will be volunteering at an orphanage in Moshi for 2 weeks and only have the weekends to travel around. Only trips that I can take are 2 days and there are a lot of tours/parks out there, can anybody tell me what are some places that are going to be good for such a short time? Thanks!

4 Answers Jul 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM
    • Moshi Mombasa route

by zulemiteva Online Now Mar 24, 2010 at 6:13 AM

Hi,

I'll be going from Moshi to Mombasa on a weekday in Sep. does anyone knows if there a bus services running that direction, but not going to Nariobi or Dar as Salaam? Also how much is the fare roughly?
      Many thanks.

5 Answers May 2, 2010 at 7:53 AM
    • Kanga phrase

by CwhatGodm8 Online Now May 5, 2008 at 7:12 PM

A friend of mine brought me a Kanga as a gift from her trip to Kenya. She did not get the phrase translated. Where can I get a translation for:
      "AKIONDOKA MZAZI ROHO YANGU HAINA UWAZI"

2 Answers Jun 25, 2008 at 7:08 AM
    • Impala Hotel in Moshi

by janrhian Online Now Feb 6, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Does this hotel (as distinct from the Impala in Arusha) still exist. Or has it changed its name? I can't find it listed anywhere and there is no website. My daughter visited it last year and we thought we'd go back.

Thanks

2 Answers Feb 7, 2008 at 1:29 AM
    • Kilimanjaro Training

by iwishiwasinpakistan Online Now Nov 10, 2006 at 6:39 PM

I live in Colorado Springs, CO at 7,000 feet above sea level. I'm located at the base of Pike's Peak, which is 14,000 feet above sea level. Would climbing Pike's Peak a few times be sufficient training for Kilimanjaro?

• Kilimanjaro

by iwishiwasinpakistan Online Now Nov 6, 2006 at 6:03 PM

I'm thinking about climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro this year. Here's what I need to know: 1) Is Moshi the closest town to Kili? 2) How far is Moshi from KIA? 3) Can a strong 13 year old boy climb Kili? Im thinking about taking my son.

2 Answers Nov 9, 2006 at 12:56 PM
    • Is Maestro accepted in East Africa?

by Sally333 Online Now Sep 28, 2005 at 4:39 AM

Do the ATMs in Moshi accept Maestro cards? Or does it have to be Visa? Is Maestro generally accepted in East / South Africa these days or is Visa a better option?

Many thanks for any help.