Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

by jayacqua Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

more
    • russian visa from u.k

by gargoylesrus Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

more
    • Americans in Moscow

by cnv216 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

more

Near Moscow

• jayacqua's Profile Photo

Travel concerns given current events

by jayacqua Online Now Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hi,
      I have a layover in Moscow between NYC and Prague, and I heard that the airport is not exchanging US currency. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

3 Answers Apr 13, 2014 at 1:08 AM
    • Americans in Moscow

by cnv216 Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 7:51 PM

Hi all,

I am planning to travel to Moscow this summer but due to the current situation is it safe for Americans to travel to Moscow? So far people have warned me that it is not safe for Americans to travel to Moscow at this time, is this true?

10 Answers Yesterday
    • russian visa from u.k

by gargoylesrus Online Now Apr 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hi all,
      i need an visa company in the uk who would also supply me with invitation letters,i spoke to someone at such a company last year,but having recently just moved i can`t find anything,i`ve looked on line and phoned a few,but with no luck, any help would be much appreciated, i1ve booked flights and accomodation for june 1st.
      regards gargoylesrus

5 Answers Apr 7, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • qaredaq's Profile Photo

Trains to Saint petersburg

by qaredaq Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi
      I want to travel Moscow, then Saint petersburg early April. Should i book my train ticket, Moscow to saint petersburg in advance, Or i can buy it right before departure?

8 Answers Mar 19, 2014 at 4:58 PM
    • qaredaq's Profile Photo

registration in Russia

by qaredaq Online Now Feb 24, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Hi guys,
      I want to have a 7 days trip to Russia, Do I need to register ? I read somewhere you don't need to register if you want to stay less than 7 business days. So my travel takes 6 business days, and one holiday.
      p.s I'm an Iranian Citizen.
      cheers

11 Answers Yesterday
    • Pomocub's Profile Photo

Trains to Moscow from Europe

by Pomocub Online Now Feb 12, 2014 at 4:17 AM

What cities have train journeys to Moscow, what are the approximate times and a rough guide price.

I want to visit Moscow but flights to Moscow are quite expensive. I would like to fly into Europe and get the train to Moscow. What are my options? I am from the UK if that helps.

12 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 12:51 AM
    • MatthewG11's Profile Photo

Moscow's Overall Perspective from other people

by MatthewG11 Online Now Jan 18, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I will go to Moscow someday, but I need to know if I'm more safe to travel or live there for a couple of months or both

17 Answers Yesterday
    • AhmedNassar's Profile Photo

Moscoe in Jan

by AhmedNassar Online Now Dec 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I have a week vacation in Jan and I really wanna see Moscow...but will it be so cold so I'd better wait for the summer or it's ok? Knowing that I am Egyptian so I am not used to very cold weathers.

6 Answers Feb 11, 2014 at 7:32 AM
    • Sparrow Hills

by lauravincekhelpman Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM

To get to the Sparrow Hills overlook, is it easier to get off at the University metro stop or the Sparrow Hills metro stop? One of the sites says that the Sparrow Hills metro exit is at the bottom of the hill? I thought that was Sportivnaya???

3 Answers Nov 7, 2013 at 12:49 AM
    • Moscow for non-european female tourist

by L.Rosa Online Now Nov 4, 2013 at 5:08 AM

I have been told that moscow is dangerous for foreigners, especially if you are not european. I am a Latina female, and born and raised in London but I am clearly not european, would I have much trouble or is it not as bad as people are making out?

9 Answers Nov 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM
    • Marharyta's Profile Photo

Holidays in Moscow

by Marharyta Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Hello everyone! I'm planning to spend my winter holidays in Moscow. What should I visit? Maybe someone recommend me interesting places. And what traditional dishes I should to try?

2 Answers Dec 7, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    • Marharyta's Profile Photo

Holidays in Moscow

by Marharyta Online Now Nov 3, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Hello everyone! I'm planning to spend my winter holidays in Moscow. What should I visit? Maybe someone recommend me interesting places. And what traditional dishes I should to try?

7 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    • Which day trip?

by Jo-M Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 5:45 AM

I have a choice between Sergiev-posad, Tsaritsyno (park and estate) and Kolomenskoye? Any suggestions?

9 Answers Oct 17, 2013 at 1:08 AM
    • luggage question

by anjlisawant Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 8:53 AM

what to carry while coming to Russia in mid October

7 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 3:01 AM
    • trip Russia Italy Russia

by sax21ss Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 6:41 AM

can i know if it exist a travel agency (in moskva aeras) called Frolov travel ?

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 8:41 AM
    • I am Middle Eastern, Is it risky to go to Moscow for a Holiday? Would there be risks of racism?

by Meckail Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I am a Middle Eastern and I am thinking of visiting Moscow for a Holiday, I dont follow religion...etc however, My skin is Olive so it is obvious that I am Middle Eastern.
      I am thinking of going to Moscow for a Holiday but I am worried about two things:
      1. Racism to me just because of my colour.
      2. I dont speak Russian. I only speak English.

Thanks to everyone, if you can give me honest answers that would be awesome :)

9 Answers Oct 13, 2013 at 2:50 AM
    • cost of living in russia

by joefernandes87 Online Now Sep 11, 2013 at 2:19 AM

cost of living for a month and renting appartment or room in moscow or outside moscow .please answer in usd

6 Answers Sep 28, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    • albaaust's Profile Photo

Mini VT meet??

by albaaust Online Now Aug 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hullo everyone..I have been reading your tips and enjoying some of the rather interesting discussions. Some of your tips I have rated. Anyway, although I haven't yet booked a hotel or finalised dates I have booked our flights!! The next few weeks are going to be frenetic as I finalise the details!##!!! Anyway, I was wondering whether there are going to be other VT members in Moscow around the 22-28th October and the possibility of meeting for a drink or casual meal. We are not young people so we are not talking about an all night rage* just a friendly get together. Let us know!!

4 Answers Aug 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    • Airport transportation

by smitbet Online Now Aug 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Is there an easy, safe way to get from our ship in the North near the Rechnoy vokzal metro station to SVO airport?

9 Answers Sep 1, 2013 at 10:06 AM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Good location to stay?

by Donna_in_India Online Now Aug 10, 2013 at 6:41 AM

Where is a good location to stay - convenient to Metro and major sights? Any hotel recommendations that won't break the bank but that are nice?

31 Answers Aug 22, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    • form terminal d to f

by cesaraparil Online Now Aug 2, 2013 at 4:57 AM

hi there, my Q is, i will be arriving in moscow sheremet airport terminal D august 07 (16:20) and have a flight to depart in terminal F (20:15). do i need a visa for this transfer? this is my first time in russia.thanks a lot

8 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 8:23 AM
    • September weather in Moscow

by leocorpuz Online Now Jul 26, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Hi. May i know what the weather is like in Moscow in September. I plan to bring a group to both in Moscow and Saint Petersburgh. Is that a good month to travel there? Thanks. Sincerely, Leo

7 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    • brierv's Profile Photo

Russian food at a low price

by brierv Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Any suggestions for a cheap Russian meal - buffet style or set menus in central Moscow?

24 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    • brierv's Profile Photo

Yaroslavi

by brierv Online Now Jul 10, 2013 at 12:35 PM

What will I see in this town for a tourist? any recommendations to visit?

7 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM
    • brierv's Profile Photo

Valdimir travel

by brierv Online Now Jul 7, 2013 at 2:01 AM

I want to travel out from Moscow in a day and back. Where is best to see culture etc.
      Valdimir? how do I get there and the cost to travel

26 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    • Sightseeing in Moscow

by MariaBurger Online Now Jul 1, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I'll be in Moscow for 4 days in September. I'm intrested in visiting museums and I want to have a sightseeing tour. Where can I buy tickets? How much do they cost?

10 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 10:46 PM
    • Thinking about going solo to Russia in August...St. Petersburg and Moscow

by beachfrog1 Online Now Jun 30, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Hi all, Is it safe for a solo traveler? Are there any current threats to security and safety for tourists?  All I know about the country is what I've seen in movies and the news. Why is the visa process so time consuming?

Thanks a bunch! Matt

20 Answers Jul 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM
    • Moscow hotel - unique

by sotiris41 Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Looking for a hotel in Moscow with a twist or touch, maybe outrageous decor or very good bar/restaurant for one night (Sept. 2, 2013)

6 Answers Aug 23, 2013 at 10:47 PM
    • airbnb and flights from u.k

by gargoylesrus Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM

I`m interested in flying from u.k with easyjet to moscow for the period 29 dec13/ -12 jan14, i know this is a new route for easyjet and because of past troubles,i`ve had with many airlines,at this time of year (we grind to an halt ) when any snow drops in u.k, i was wondering if it`s worth even trying to be optimistic that i would get there. Also has anyone had any experience with renting appartments with airbnb. thanks - gargoylerus

14 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 9:59 PM
    • dzohar's Profile Photo

bottled water

by dzohar Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 5:05 AM

Is bottled water easily available ? as I understand tap water is unsafe to drink in Russia

13 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 3:33 PM