Moscow Travel Answers

change location
schmechi's Profile Photo

Which quarter to stay?

by schmechi Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 5:38 AM

Which of Moscow's quarters you'd recommend to stay for a short visit? It is important, that we can reach all major sights by public transport (so a nearby metro station would be required). As we want to go out for a few beers at night, we'd prefer some district with pubs/nightlife, but it is not necessary to be directly next to the hippest nightclub and most expensive bars, we'd be content with some lively neighboorhood.

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • bugulma's Profile Photo

Re: Which quarter to stay?

by bugulma Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 11:05 AM

nightlife is generally in the city center (inside of round brown metro line), though the prices for accomodation of course higher. Izmailovo Hotel complex is in 5 metro stops from Red Square and could be the better option to stay. The complex has own restaurants and clubs, moreover you may go to the city by metro and then return by taxi (it will be EUR 10 approximately at night to Izmailovo)

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Odiseya's Profile Photo

by Odiseya Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 11:50 AM

I was stay in Kitaj Gorod, quarter in the city center. It was hostel. Most of the time we walk to the Red square and Arbat street.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Muscovite's Profile Photo

by Muscovite Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Beer and metro - that's no brainer, you will easily find a binging spot at any station.
    Beer and major sights - a bit more difficult, depnding on which sights you are heading to.

• schmechi's Profile Photo

by schmechi Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 2:17 AM

@Muscovite:As I'll spend only four days in Moscow I suppose, I'll have to content myself with the major sights like Kremlin and Red Square...

• alfa338's Profile Photo

by alfa338 Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I was blessed with the possibility to live with my wife in her appartement ;-) She was also my guide to all museums etc, etc.. Public transport in the city is easy and cheap - and fast.. And of course it is allways possible to go by "autostop" - just stand at side of street and raise your hand, a car will stop to take you in a matter of seconds... But it is best to know the language for this operation ;-)
    Dosen't matter too much were you are living in the city, transport is cheap and fast - but if you are able to arrange with any guide it will be helping you a lot ! Maybe to try any of the VT people lliving in Moscow ?
    Good luck and enjoy the city ;-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Moscow