Moscow Travel Answers

change location
Elyzabeth's Profile Photo

Good Hotels in Both Moscow and St. Petersberg

by Elyzabeth Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 4:49 AM

I much prefer reccomendations from people who have actually stayed there to the lists..

Anyone have especially good experiences in Hotels in either or both places?

Thank-you !

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Good Hotels in Both Moscow and St. Petersberg

by akkipaa Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 4:55 AM

I have spend a lot of nights in different hotels in St.P, not so much in Moscow. Your uestion is a tricky one, because there are luxury hotels with high prices, you can wait extremely good experiences and the lower (and lowest) rank hotels. I have had best experiences in Astoria, but I don't know if it's for you, it has and old Russian history, to location is exellect, the service is (hmm... it's still a little bit Russian) accordingly, but the price is also high.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • bugulma's Profile Photo

by bugulma Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 6:00 AM

agree with above, that all depends on your style and preferences in quality. from my experience, I could recommend Dynastia Hotel http://www.eurasia-hotel.ru/dn/en_home, - centrally located with reasonable price. less expensive is Idillia Inn guest house (centrally located) and Azimut Hotel (a bit far from center and a bit Soviet style in furniture). another place I liked is Nash Hotel on Vasil'evsky Island, but the most expensive among others I ever stayed.

In Moscow many of my friends found Izmailovo complex the best option for price and quality. It is a bit far from center (although the metro station is in 5 minutes by walk), 4 station to Red Square with changes the line

1 member found this helpful

• travelmad478's Profile Photo

by travelmad478 Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 6:32 AM

You really need to specify price in your definition of "good." I have stayed in some very good hotels in Moscow (Park Hyatt, Intercontinental, Ritz-Carlton) but their prices are astronomical. I suggest you take a look at some of the booking websites for prices and then look for reviews of the hotels in your price range.

Be the first to rate this answer!

• Nana_'s Profile Photo

by Nana_ Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 6:34 AM

Prices of hotel in Moscow is really beyond all expectations! :((( I think you have to look at hostels. Often those hostels that are located in the center of Moscow is very small and cozy - you feel secure there. They are often located next to the most important sights and places to eat. I stayed a month ago in "Bananas" hostel at Pokrovsky Boulevard. This is quite a nice place, quiet, and just 30 minutes from Red Square.

• u_fricaturu's Profile Photo

by u_fricaturu Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 7:10 AM

Ciao, I've been several times at the Budapest hotel and I reccomend it. http://www.hotel-budapest.ru/en/

It is a very comfortable 4 stars hotel nearby Bolshoe Theatre, so very downtown. Prices are not so crazy and the service is pretty good.

G

• Muscovite's Profile Photo

by Muscovite Online Now Feb 21, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Hi Elyzabeth,

It may help if you write a bit about your concept of a good hotel and a good experience, it's not always the same for everyone. Otherwise you may get more advice one can reasonably process. I won't qualify - don't use hotels, stay at home :)

1 member found this helpful

• Elyzabeth's Profile Photo

by Elyzabeth Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Thanks that a good idea...!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Moscow