Morrocoy Travel Answers

change location
nomorebikinis's Profile Photo

morrocoy - coro

by nomorebikinis Online Now Oct 12, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I will arrive in coro and would like to pay a visit to morrocoy. I presume that more people from coro visit morrocoy by boat. Is this done often or do people tend to travel on land. I think most people of coro go to Adicora but morrocoy should be on their list as well. Please post your experience. Anyone any idea about the costs, duration of the trip by land or by sea? Thanks for your help

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Re: morrocoy - coro

by hossmar Online Now Oct 13, 2009 at 2:48 PM

It's around 2-3 hours by car from Coro to Morrocoy (Chichiriviche or Tucacas). So, you need to take a bus from Coro to Chichiriviche and then take a boat from chichiriviche to any key you would like to visit. Adicora is nowhere near as beautiful as Morrocoy. I would suggest you to stay a couple days in Chichiriviche so you can enjoy the beach. I wouldn't suggest any boats from Coro because as I said, it's quite far.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • scubagilve's Profile Photo

Re: morrocoy - coro

by scubagilve Online Now Oct 14, 2009 at 6:36 PM

The best keys, are, cayo muerto, sombrero, playa sur, paiclas, meny r

• nomorebikinis's Profile Photo

by nomorebikinis Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 12:37 PM

thank you both so much for your replies. I do kitesurfing and the wind in Adicora is important for me. On all forums however that the beach in Adicora is incredible polluted with (?). Have you seen any kitesurfers near the keys or at the beach of Chivii.... What would a bustrip from Coro to Chivi... cost approximately and the boat trip to Morrocoy, is this something which is organised by regular boat lines or so, or do you have to arrange that like private trip or so. How do Venezualans do that? At the beach of Chivi... what would place would you recommend to stay (looking for something really clean, not luxurious but neat and clean) and what would you recommend for Morrocoy. Many questions I know but this only forum where I get good answers. Please post your replies.
    Thank you, again, so much

• Re: morrocoy - coro

by hossmar Online Now Oct 15, 2009 at 4:43 PM

The keys and the surroundings of Chichiriviche are not so windy as Adicora, I don't remember seeing any kitesurfers . I really don't know how much would it cost the ride from Coro, but it won't be too expensive, around 30 BsF or less I suppose. The boat trip varies a lot as it's a private thing, sometimes you can take a boat with random people and get a good price. Usually if you are traveling along or with 2 or 3 people that's what you do, if you are traveling with a lot of people you rent the whole boat. I don't know Chichiriviche too well, but you'll find plenty of hotels and accommodations. I usually stay in Tucacas as it's closer to Caracas than Chichiriviche.

• nomorebikinis's Profile Photo

by nomorebikinis Online Now Oct 18, 2009 at 11:52 AM

perfect information. thank you. i will post this information on a kiteforum as well.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines