Morro Bay Travel Answers

change location
Florepa12's Profile Photo

WHAT TO DO IN MORRO BAY IN ONE DAY

by Florepa12 Online Now Apr 2, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Hello everyone,
I'd like to know what would you recommend doing in Morro Bay or the surrounding cities (like Pismo Beach or San Luis Obispo) if i only have one day to stay here.
THANKS A LOT!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • SadiaAli's Profile Photo

Re: WHAT TO DO IN MORRO BAY IN ONE DAY

by SadiaAli Online Now Apr 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM

good plain for relax best of luck for this trip,,,,,

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • travelgourmet's Profile Photo

by travelgourmet Online Now Apr 2, 2012 at 11:37 PM

One day does not give you much time. You might want to go up to Cambria, only 20 miles north on Hwy 1 the PCH. Cambria has Moonstone Beach to walk the sand and a East and West side of the town. Many art shops, boutiques, antiques, restaurants, and a few miles inland is the LINN’S ORIGINAL FARMSTORE on Santa Rosa Creek Road, near the East section of town, that has all the goodies of the area like jams, pies and the famous Olallieberry in sauces, pies, butter and many other selections. I enjoy the OlallieberryFruit Topping for vanilla ice cream. The drive from East Cambria is about 10 minutes and the views are worth the drive. See: http://www.linnsfruitbin.com/

Of Course, there is much to do in San Luis Obispo with the Mission and creekside shopping, Pismo Beach with the large soft sand beach and the Original Splash Cafe with great Clam Chowder Bread Bowl or F. McLintocks Saloon & Dining House in Shell Beach (next to Pismo Beach.)with great steak and rib items. Morro Bay itself has kayaking and small tour boat rides of the inlet, and some very good seafood shacks. Morro Bay also has a Blue Heron Rookery. I have a few reviews for Morro Bay on VT. See: "SITTING AT THE ROCK OF THE BAY" - Morro Bay by travelgourmet

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 3:59 AM

San Luis Obispo gets my vote.
    Very pleasant town with a real nice vibe.

• giampiero6's Profile Photo

by giampiero6 Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 8:28 AM

It depends on the kinds of things you like to do, but if you are an active person, there is nice kayaking on the back bay...very calm and peaceful with a beautiful estuary filled with birds.

There's nice hiking in the 3 sisters and nearby.

There's a beautiful park called Montana de Oro which is about 15 minutes away that is spectacular for bluff walks.

The town of Cayucos, about 10 minutes north has a nice pier and some bars restaurants that are cool. Check out Cass House Inn.

Finally there is tremendous wine tasting in the Paso Robles area only about 30 minutes from Morro Bay up HWY 46.

While I'm not such a huge fan of the town of Morro Bay - the area itself is one of my favorites!

And yes, San Luis Obispo is a very nice and mellow town. You can eat at one of the places on the river near the Mission. Novo is good, but pricey. Eat outside on the back patio

• johngayton's Profile Photo

by johngayton Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 9:50 AM

I liked Morro Bay and it was a treat just to relax for a day after the urban sprawl of LA and San Diego. Take a slow walk along the harbour and the back bay, have a seafood lunch at one of the shacks and maybe take a harbour cruise in the afternoon. More seafood for dinner at one of the waterfront restaurants and hope to catch the sunset over the bay. Then search out the Morro Bay Brewing Company's pub for a friendly (and sometimes lively) late evening.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines