Morocco Travel Answers

change location
simoneseals's Profile Photo

visting Morocco

by simoneseals Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I would like to see Morocco is it safe depending on which part I go too? And do they take American dollars? For a American & whats the best area for shopping & dinning? Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: visting Morocco

by leics Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM

I think you might like to re-post this in the Morocco travel forum here:

forum.virtualtourist.com/Mor...

Not all Vt-ers look at every forum.

As for using USD, I haven't been to Morocco yet but it is always best to use the legal currency of any country you visit. Even if you find USD are accepted in some cases you can be sure the rate you receive will not be good, not least because the seller has to cover his/her own exchange fees.

Use dirham, the legal currency of Morocco.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • xymmot's Profile Photo

by xymmot Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Morocco is as safe as most other countries I've been to, but you have to have your wits about you when dealing with vendors. They will sell you anything like the Brooklyn Bridge that they do not have . If you watched the old film Casablanca you will get an idea. Adventure into the medinas and open your world of adventure.. Best to exchange money through use of ATM. Fez or Marrakesh is most popular for tourist. Read other VT post of this area to get a idea, and answer to your questions.

cheers tommy x

• leics's Profile Photo

by leics Online Now Feb 24, 2013 at 1:02 PM

You'll notice that your posting has been automatically moved to the Morocco forum, so no need to re-post it now! :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Morocco Travel Answer Locations