change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 25thAnniversary's Profile Photo

Waterfall in Moorea

by 25thAnniversary Online Now Feb 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Is there any tours that go to the waterfall in Moorea ?

4 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • moorea car rental

by stavy1 Online Now Feb 8, 2014 at 10:13 AM

we are arriving on a cruise ship on easter sunday. What is best way to rent a car? Is there a spot where the ship tenders dock?

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    • Albert Store Moorea

by captbly Online Now Dec 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I am trying to find the address of the little pearl store directly across the street from the entrance into the Intercontinental Resort on Moorea. The owner is into every type of business from ATV rentals to tours but his wife and daughter run this little pearl store that also sells Coke and milk. My wife is so happy with the multicolored pearl necklace that we bought there last November that she MUST send a thank you card.

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    • which island is besr ..aller round?

by whitehaireddud Online Now Sep 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM

What does moorea have that bora bora doesn't? If you were going to visit , which is the best of the two?

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    • AlinaW's Profile Photo

Which Hotel to choose?

by AlinaW Online Now May 8, 2013 at 5:08 PM

We are planning our honeymoon and we both like the Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and the Intercontinental Resort. Price difference isn't really an issue. We want really great service, food, and an awesome over water bungalow. Can't decide between the two can anyone help?

2 Answers Aug 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    • Best part of island to stay

by vmichel54 Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 7:32 PM

My husband and I love sandy beaches and snorkeling. We want to be close to restaurants and activity. Which part of the island is best for those things?

2 Answers Mar 21, 2013 at 9:28 PM
    • Snorkeling/Catamaran tour in Moorea

by cl3150 Online Now Sep 29, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Can anyone recommend a reliable source for a snorkeling tour by catamaran in Moorea? We'll be there in mid-January on a cruise, so an agency that picks up from the cruise terminal would be the most convenient.

Carl

1 Answer Oct 15, 2012 at 5:29 AM
    • Anyone know anything about Ecolodge Cooks Beach?

by kejtravel Online Now Aug 19, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Hi - we are looking for smaller places to stay - ideally small place for 2 with kitchenette - we are going in Oct and many places appear to be booked- what appears to be a new listing seems available and it is called Ecolodge Cooks Beach (not to be confused with Ecolodge Cooks Bay) There are no reviews on this property so wondering if name/owner change or new - let me know if you have any feedback on this property - thanks! Karen

4 Answers Aug 20, 2012 at 2:20 PM
    • Tour operators in Moorea

by ghanksma Online Now Jun 5, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Am looking for a tour opeator for a bus land tour in Moorea. Will be there in October from a cruise ship. We were there last year and did the lagoon/motu tour which was extraordinaire, this time we would like to see more of the island. Can anyone recommend a reliable/relatively inexpensive tour operator. Albert's bus tour is already full and we don't want the 4x4 tour. Thank you.

2 Answers Jun 6, 2012 at 8:58 PM
    • Grocery Shopping

by LoFo Online Now Apr 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM

We are staying in a bungalow with kitchen for two weeks in Nov. and am wondering where the best place to get groceries is on the island, or if it makes sense to get stuff while in Papatee? Any recommendtions?

1 Answer Apr 2, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    • Exploring by Bike

by chamilton Online Now Jan 13, 2012 at 8:50 AM

In May my husband & I will be spending 3 nights at Moorea followed by 3 nights at Bora Bora. I was wondering if it is possible/feasible to bike both islands. If so do we need to bring bike locks for when we decide to stop in a village & look around (leaving the bike unattended). Any information would be greatly appreciated.

• diabetic type one traveling to moorea

by fl98girl Online Now Jan 10, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Traveling to Moorea from the US. I am a type1 DIABETIC. Is there a pharmacy where I can purchase insulin? I will bring mine but if something happens to mine I will have to buy insulin. Also will I have any problem bringing it on the plane departing? I know I can travel inside the US with insulin and syringes.But I did not know if I can have it on the plane. Are there emergency clincs and first responders if I have an emergency. I would need someone quickly. I will be staying at the Hilton. Thank you for your response.

3 Answers Jan 10, 2012 at 6:31 PM
    • Ferry to Moorea

by hillkeri Online Now Jun 12, 2011 at 7:15 PM

Hello fellow travelers! I am planning a trip to Moorea in October! My dilemma is where we should stay inexpensively on Papetee the night we arrive so that we can catch the ferry the following morning to Moorea. Any suggestions of a cheap but decent place near the ferry?

1 Answer Jun 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM
    • Ferry Tahiti to Moorea

by camillev Online Now Mar 27, 2011 at 12:09 PM

Am I correct in assuming that foot passengers on the ferry may also bring luggage? Is there a place to store it or do you keep it with you?

3 Answers Dec 18, 2011 at 11:08 PM
    • Annemarie at mildew.310

by mildew.310 Online Now Oct 7, 2007 at 9:34 PM

I used to travel to the South Pacific in the late seventies and early 80's as a travel agent. At that time, Tahiti was still very primative and always beautiful.

I bought a beautiful batik form a local young artist woman at that time in Moorea. She used a batik form of a tahitian women with grapes in blues, reds, a bit of black, some yellow and orange, and not to forget purples. I can't read the signature to clearly on it, I think Hef or Hefo? It is still very beautiful since I did perserve it in a glass frame. I am trying to find out if she still exists? Can you help me?

Thank you very much and I truely remember how beautiful the islands were in my past.

Sincerely, Anne Marie

2 Answers May 15, 2009 at 1:55 PM
    • do ferries operate on holidays

by bunkygus Online Now Sep 24, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Can anyone tell me if the Tahiti to Moorea (and Moorea to Tahiti) ferries operate on holidays? Specifically, I am concerned about November 11, which is both a holiday (Armistice Day) and a Sunday. I assume they operate but I have read that everything shuts down on Sunday and even moreso on holidays. I don't want to book an expensive room on Moorea and then not be able to get back to Tahiti on Sunday to catch my return flight in the evening. Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but I do not want to assume anything.

• Heather23's Profile Photo

Services of the Ferry in Moorea

by Heather23 Online Now Sep 4, 2007 at 7:17 PM

What kind of services do they offer??? I am just plaining my holiday to Tahiti and trying to work out my transport.

5 Answers Sep 10, 2007 at 4:22 PM
    • Dream Island

by candihart Online Now May 2, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Has anybody ever stayed at Dream Island in Moorea French Polynesia? I believe it's a private home on a motu in Moorea. Thanks

1 Answer May 22, 2009 at 8:53 PM
    • Dreaming

by candihart Online Now Mar 17, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Any feedback or knowledge of Dream Island in Moorea?

2 Answers Apr 20, 2007 at 8:38 AM
    • Accomodations proximity to shops/restuarants??

by alison626 Online Now Jan 13, 2007 at 3:09 PM

I am planning a trip with family and friends to Moorea and would like to get some information to help me make some final decisions.

Based on our needs (kitchen, 2-3 people per bungalow) and our budget I have narrowed it down to Les Tipaniers and Linareva Inn. Linareva’s accommodations seem better suited for our group but Les Tipaniers seems to have a better beach and be closer to shops, groceries, other restaurants and general activities.

Is the Linareva Inn that isolated?? What can you walk/ride a bike to from there?

It seems that Les Tipaniers is closer to the action, but not having been been there before I’m just curious what we’re talking about?

How many restaurants within walking/biking distance?
      What groceries are within walking/biking distance?
      Near by bike/car/scooter rentals?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2007 at 9:20 AM
    • Where to stay???

by cammarie Online Now Dec 20, 2006 at 5:25 PM

Ciambella,
      Your postings are very informative and enjoyable to read. My fiance and I want to go to French Polynesia for our honeymoon but would like to avoid the expense of Bora Bora and the hustle of Tahiti. I have researched quite a bit and Moorea sounds wonderful. Have you any advice on either the Moorea Pearl Resort of the Sheraton Moorea?? Also, Tikehau in the Tuamotus looks lovely for a few days' getaway. Any tips you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and happy holidays, Cammarie

3 Answers May 17, 2007 at 3:17 PM
    • assilein's Profile Photo

Accomodation Linareva

by assilein Online Now Jun 24, 2006 at 2:38 AM

Dear all,

has anyone of you stayed it the Linareva on Moorea?
      On the internet pages it looks fab, the prices shown for studios and bungalows are resonable (for French Polynesia) I think....
      Any other suggestions for a nice, near the water, south pacific like accomodation?
      We will be there next year in April - after visiting NZ - for one week and will go further on to the cook islands...

Thanks in advance - have a nice day
      Astrid

• L810th's Profile Photo

Any other forms of accomodation

by L810th Online Now May 2, 2006 at 6:17 AM

I heard that there are other forms of accomodation on Moorea, like illegal hotels/family houses/B&B bed and breakfast/Hostels ect. Might this be true. I would like to hear of anybody sourcing accomodation other than the expensive hotels as listed.
      My wife and I are staying on Moorea for 5 days 13-18th August and we are surprised at the limited expensive Hotels that are listed. How about camp sites!?

Very much appreciate your advice.

Mike.

4 Answers May 3, 2006 at 12:05 PM
    • hotels

by sassyd Online Now Feb 8, 2006 at 6:00 PM

My fiance and i are planning our honeymoon and are having a difficult time deciding between the sheraton morea and the pearl. The beach and the water are more important to us than the accomodations. Any suggestions??

2 Answers Feb 10, 2006 at 1:36 AM
    • robbibaba's Profile Photo

Village Faimano or Fare Manuia?

by robbibaba Online Now Jan 31, 2005 at 11:20 AM

Hi, has anyone stayed at Village Faimano or Fare Manuia? We are trying to keep our expenses down and have a more 'authentic' experience on Moorea, but the less developed the place, the less information on the web it seems. Any suggestions on other (relatively) inexpensive stays welcome too! Thanks, Rob

3 Answers Jun 3, 2007 at 8:18 AM
    • best moorea pensions

by LiveAloha Online Now Nov 28, 2004 at 12:56 PM

I will be staying on Moorea dec 23 to 26th 04. I am looking at Hotel Hibiscus, moorea village, les tipaniers and les tipaniers iti. Can anyone comment on the above listed places. I want to see the sunset, snorkle, poss dive and a pool would be nice.. Thanks

3 Answers Mar 24, 2006 at 1:40 PM