Monument Valley State Park

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Las vegas how many miles to go?

Bryce Canyon National Park Mar 21, 2014 at 5:11 PM

From Las Vegas to Bryce Canyon,how long it will take me?

more
    • September 2014 PC events?

Park City Apr 7, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I live in Salt Lake, and have friends coming to visit in September 2014. We are staying up at PCMR, and I am looking for ideas as to activities, etc. I can't find any festival, etc. calendars out for that far ahead. Any ideas, anyone? Thanks in advance.

more
    • mrsdoc83's Profile Photo

getting to Moab

Moab Apr 7, 2014 at 10:59 AM

My husband will be going to Moab for a conference and I'm helping with the travel itinerary.

We fly from out of state and I wonder if there is a major airport closer than Salt Lake City (yes, I am doing more research on this myself, now, too) --

Also, once we get to the major airport of choice, what is the best driving route to get into Moab?

Thanks!
      C

more
    • we will be heading from Monument Valley back to las Vegas

by Julestehiker Online Now Jan 25, 2014 at 10:17 AM

we will be heading from Monument Valley back to las vegas, what is the recommended route, we will have already been to north & south rim, need to stay overnight half way, where is a good place to stay and what else shouldn't we miss?

1 Answer Jan 25, 2014 at 11:00 AM
    • Is an economy car OK?

by JChung1986 Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 3:59 PM

In March 2013 I will be travelling from Grand Junction CO to Moab to Monument Valley to Page AZ and then back the same way to Grand Junction. I will be taking a tour in Monument Valley.
      Is an economy car (vs. SUV) OK for the area and time of year?

2 Answers Jan 3, 2014 at 4:09 PM
    • email address of the shop center at the Park entrance

by EastTn Online Now Sep 17, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I am trying to find out the email address of the shop center at the Park entrance. I need the email address of the man that runs the last shop on the west end. I was talking to him about the Atomic sick workers and have information for him. He gave me Monument Valley Gift Shop @ yahoo.com.
      Mike Warren form Tennessee
      Mwarren4@bellsouth.net

3 Answers Sep 21, 2013 at 9:25 PM
    • Hogan

by jinshicoma Online Now Jul 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Has anyone stayed in a hogan with Roy Black's group (jeep and horse tours at Monument Valley)?

1 Answer Aug 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
    • best scenery????

by bethcoggin Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 5:17 AM

Can you see the famous sites from the main road without driving the 17 mile loop? Trip in July to tour the entire nat'l park scene in utah, grand canyon, and mesa verde so want to see what we can in the best possible way without wasting too much time...we are renting convertibles and were just gonna do the hwy 163 to hwy 160 going to 4 corners and mesa verde....will we see monument valley this way or is the only way to see the sites by doing the loop....

6 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 12:53 AM
    • Monument Valley to Las Vegas

by poppy652 Online Now Jul 22, 2012 at 4:17 AM

My husband and I are doing a morning tour at Monument Valley then we have until the following evening to return to Las Vegas any ideas for where to visit on route back and also where to stay for the night?

9 Answers Jul 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM
    • andy.s's Profile Photo

driving times

by andy.s Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 11:51 AM

hi
      were travelling around arizona in june ,but would like to know how long it takes to drive to grand canyon south rim from monument valley view hotel.are journey starts at flagstaff, then to monument valley then grand canyon south, then grand canyon ranch, then onto vegas which should take us about 3 days..would a convertible mustang be sensible for the trip and what car would anybody reccommend for this trip.

many thanks andy-london uk

4 Answers Jan 24, 2012 at 10:02 AM
    • Stargazing at Monument Valley

by Urbanomad Online Now Jan 11, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Hi, I will be visiting Monument Valley in June 2012 and since I'm a big stargazing fan I would like to know if you can see a great star scenery at night there and if anyone knows any tour company that organizes stargazing tours.

Thanks in Advance!

Michael

2 Answers Jan 12, 2012 at 5:01 PM
    • ATV Tours in Park?

by drajod Online Now Nov 22, 2011 at 6:12 AM

Hi, Does anyone know if there are any tour companies that offer ATV guided tours?
      thanks,

Dave

5 Answers Nov 22, 2011 at 9:07 AM
    • Driving from Bryce to Monument Valley in a day

by mrtetley Online Now Jul 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM

I posted this over at the Bryce forum too, but I'd really appreciate anyone giving me suggestions on what route to take from Bryce to Monument Valley. I have the day to make the trip, and don't need to take the fastest route -- I want to see stuff along the way, so I want the most interesting and beautiful route. Thanks!

7 Answers Aug 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM
    • holiday/vacation help help

by gapiffy Online Now Jul 30, 2011 at 2:21 PM

our family of six will be travelling to the states for the first time from Australia in early december.We will fly into Las vegas and spend a few nights. then we want to travel by car to see grand canyon,bryce canyon, Zion and monument valley,death valley etc.At this stage I am confused on the best way to do it -- will the weather be an issue? also dont know how long we should spend in each place etc-- we have about a week and then we want to drive towards yosemite np and onto san fran. i would appreciate any ideas.thanks

17 Answers Aug 3, 2011 at 6:31 AM
    • pmg1968's Profile Photo

Petrol stations along the way to Monument valley

by pmg1968 Online Now May 6, 2011 at 7:29 PM

Can anyone tell me please if there are regular gas or petrol stations along the way from Farmington Airport to Monument Valley on the border of Arizona and Utah.
      Cheers
      Will

4 Answers May 7, 2011 at 3:11 AM
    • Monument valley

by goa2010 Online Now May 4, 2011 at 12:26 AM

I would like to know if the road to John ford Point is accessible by a rental car ( not a 4x4 ). I am aware from reading online that for a round trip tour of monument valley the tour jeeps are recommended. I ahve around 3 hours to spare here before we move onto Grand canyon and would like to use our car instead of renting.. Please advise. We are visiting end of the month..

Any more tips are most welcome.

7 Answers Jun 15, 2011 at 10:05 PM
    • WKVenture's Profile Photo

April 2011 Motorcycle trip

by WKVenture Online Now Jan 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Several of us will be touring GC, MV, Bryce, Zion.....on motorcycles in mid to late April 2011. I know that weather is unpredictable, but what general conditions,(ie: temperature) can we expect

5 Answers Mar 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM
    • Round trip

by ritaking Online Now May 15, 2010 at 8:38 AM

Is it possible to do a round trip from Grand Canyon to Monument Valley then to Bryce Canyon. How long would it take?

1 Answer May 15, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    • fairlight's Profile Photo

hours of operation

by fairlight Online Now Feb 26, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Hello,

I'm planning to visit Monument Valley as a part of my driving trip this April (Las Vegas-Zion-Bryce-Page-Monument Valley-Page-Las Vegas).I have two questions:

How early and late is the scenic drive open? The official website of the Valley says that Visitor's center is open 7am to 7pm, and the Scenic drive is open from 9am to 4:30pm. Would I be able to access the Scenic drive from 4:30pm to 7pm? If I pay my entrance fee before 4:30pm, would I be able to stay in the Valley til 7pm?

My second question is how is the road from Page to Monument Valley. Would it be ok to drive it after dark?(I'm ok driving at night, but I would rather not do it on the mountainous road. I'm thinking about going to Page after the Valley "closes", as it seems there is really not much to do in the area in the evening.

Thank you

2 Answers Feb 27, 2010 at 7:03 PM
    • direections

by luksn Online Now Dec 25, 2009 at 4:25 AM

Will be bringing a motorcoach tour of seniors to MV in May. For the best scenery should we go to the visitor center from the north, Mexican Hat, or from the south through Kayenta. We will be coming from Farmington NM. Thanks

7 Answers Dec 29, 2009 at 6:50 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Monument Valley or Mystery Valley?

by SandiM Online Now Apr 14, 2009 at 1:52 PM

A question for the avid scenic photographers! My family has made reservations at the View Hotel in Monument Valley for next week. I have been looking at all the guided tours and now need to make a choice, however I need a little help. Since we'll be arriving around 10am and staying only one night, we'll have to select an afternoon 1/2 day jeep tour. WHICH IS BETTER? The regular Monument Valley 1/2 day tour or the Mystery Valley 1/2 day tour? They give you a choice for around80 but as a photographer interested in rock formations and sand dunes etc not ruins or weaving etc, which valley should I select? I don't need to spend a lot of time 'setting up' for my photos, just a quick minute to adjust for settings etc (no tripod). Thanks!

6 Answers May 6, 2010 at 5:08 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Monument Valley Guided Tours

by SandiM Online Now Mar 25, 2009 at 11:49 AM

I've been looking over the MV website and see that there are quite a few tour companies offering guided tours (1/2 day is what we want) through the valley. We prefer a vehicle tour over the horseback and hiking tours. Can anyone recommend one company over the other? We'll be driving in from the Grand Canyon and arriving around noon (in april), and we'll be staying at the new View Hotel. We'd like to take either a later afternoon tour or a early morning tour, and want to include the interesting sites such as the Ear of the Wind (?) and other arches etc. We're looking for the "Best Value" tours for 2 adults 1 18yr old?

3 Answers Mar 27, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    • Driving the loop in Monument Valley

by JanetLC Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 1:22 PM

How long does is take to drive the 17 mile loop in Monument Valley? Does anyone know the cost of the Jeep tours and how long they take? If a person has two hours to spend there, would they be able to see much?

5 Answers Mar 18, 2009 at 9:03 PM
    • Driving to Monument Valley

by JanetLC Online Now Mar 15, 2009 at 12:08 PM

We will be driving from Grand Canyon to Mesa Verde one day in mid June. We were thinking of stopping at Monument Valley. How long does it take to drive from Highway 160 (south of Kayenta)to the visitor's center at Monument Valley? Can you see much from there? We probably won't have time to take the jeep tour. I don't know if our rental van would do well on the dirt roads or not? To get to Mesa Verde from Monument Valley, we would need to go back south to Kayenta and go east on 160 correct?

6 Answers Mar 16, 2009 at 7:58 PM
    • Monument Valley motorcycle trip

by twest2 Online Now Jan 19, 2009 at 3:45 PM

What is the best route to take a motorcycle trip to the Valley, GC, etc.? I am going end of April. I have 4 days to ride. Starting and ending in Phoenix.

1 Answer Jan 25, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    • One more question: Monument Valley to Bryce

by lambje Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 3:32 PM

Thanks for your quick answers, that's very helpful. It seems that I will be able to fit in Monument Valley! I've one more question: going from Monument Valley to Bryce, do I pass by Page/Lake Powell, or is it better to take a different route? Thanks again for your advice!

1 Answer Aug 10, 2008 at 12:23 AM
    • Travel time and distance to Monument Valley?

by lambje Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 7:45 AM

Hi, me and my friend will do a roadtrip from 20 september - 5 october. Our plan is to drive from Los Angeles - Grand Canyon (South Rim) - Bryce Canyon - Zion - Las Vegas - Death Valley - Seqouia/Kings Canyon - Yosemite (?) - San Francisco - LA. We would really like to visit Monument Valley, but have doubts if it is feasible.

Can anyone tell me wat the travel time + distance is from Grand Canyon (South Rim-Tusayan) to Monument Valley? And from Monument Valley to Bryce Canyon? Would it be best to plan an overnight stop in Page? And...if I have to choose between Monument Valley or Antelope Canyon/Lake Tahoe, which one is more interesting? Thanks for your help!

3 Answers Aug 9, 2008 at 1:52 PM
    • late season travel

by thm1956 Online Now Jul 16, 2008 at 3:06 PM

i am planning a vacation in and around monument valley.i would like to know the latest possible month(s) to travel in that area,to avoid seasonal bad weather(if any)

2 Answers Jul 18, 2008 at 2:02 PM
    • acprincess's Profile Photo

Hot tips for motels and/or restaurants

by acprincess Online Now Feb 28, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I'm going to drive through Monument Valley this April. Should I stay there or will I be able to see the best sights from the car. Are there any good hikes? Any good restaurants? Decent motels?

5 Answers Mar 5, 2008 at 6:07 AM
    • Sal21's Profile Photo

Las Vegas- Monument Valley- Grand Canyon- LA

by Sal21 Online Now Jan 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Hi! My friends and I are planning a road trip in the month of July and are completely confused!

We want to visit Monument valley from Vegas but i read its a 8.5 hrs drive from vegas. Where can we stay there? My friends dont want to visit the Bryce or the Zion National Park. From Monument valley how far and which road shd we take to get to Grand Canyon? From Grand Canyon we wish to drive down to LA.

Thanx a lot once again

1 Answer Jan 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM
    • mjqd's Profile Photo

Dream Vacation

by mjqd Online Now Mar 14, 2007 at 5:00 PM

My husband has always wanted to go to Monument Valley and the surrounding area. (He still watches old cowboy movies!) It is his dream vacation. I am planning a surprise trip for him in September along with my brother and his wife. We are flying into Vegas, and as far as he knows that is our destination. But we will be renting a car and are planning on driving to Monument Valley. We will have 4 or 5 nights to be on the road and would like to take in as many of the sights we can along away.
      Does anyone have an itinerary that would take us to Monument Valley stopping at other great places along the way and returning us to Las Vegas for our flight back home to NH?
      Any information that anyone has, parks, hotels, must sees, travel times etc. would be greatly appreciated!

7 Answers May 26, 2008 at 4:17 AM
    • Rod's trip

by rodchess Online Now Jun 29, 2006 at 5:39 AM

When is the best time to visit the vally? I was thinking right after spring (April)?

1 Answer Jun 29, 2006 at 9:48 AM
    • Atlasgold's Profile Photo

Camping

by Atlasgold Online Now Apr 26, 2006 at 7:24 PM

We would like to camp at the Mitten Campground about the 17th of May - any idea how challenging it is to acquire a site there at this time of year and what is the earliest we can get there to get a site?
      Thanks Jackie

3 Answers Apr 28, 2006 at 4:10 PM