Monument Valley State Park Travel Answers

change location
Sal21's Profile Photo

Las Vegas- Monument Valley- Grand Canyon- LA

by Sal21 Online Now Jan 12, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Hi! My friends and I are planning a road trip in the month of July and are completely confused!

We want to visit Monument valley from Vegas but i read its a 8.5 hrs drive from vegas. Where can we stay there? My friends dont want to visit the Bryce or the Zion National Park. From Monument valley how far and which road shd we take to get to Grand Canyon? From Grand Canyon we wish to drive down to LA.

Thanx a lot once again

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Las Vegas- Monument Valley- Grand Canyon- LA

by gamma28md Online Now Jan 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Goulding's Lodge is cut into the side of a cliff and all the rooms have balconies overlooking the valley. We were lucky enought to stay on the night of a full moon. Watching the moon rise over the valley and the sandstone monoliths is fabulous. They have a restaurant, pizza snack place, indoor pool and the Indian jeep tours through the valley leave from their parking lot. My kids loved it! There's a Best Western in Kayenta on the south side of the Utah line and the Mexican Hat lodge on the northern side. (That's where we'll be staying in March. If you are in Kayenta, there's an native American restaurant and a Sonic fast food place.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines