change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transport / Taxi / Funicular

Vevey Mar 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Hello,

We are staying at a flat in the Vevey area. Approximately how much is a taxi cab ride from Passage des Ateliers, Vevey, Vaud 1800, Switzerland to the Le Mirador Kepinski? Also, do taxis charger per person?

Thank you,
      Sheila

more
    • Accommodation

by kvvnagababu Online Now Mar 15, 2014 at 10:04 AM

Can I get accommodation for 3 months to a family with 2 children near Montreux

2 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 4:29 PM
    • lisselleC's Profile Photo

Quick response required so that I don't loose the booking ….Location ok????

by lisselleC Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I am interested in booking this apartment but I am worried that it is near the train station - areas that tend to be a bit dodgy!!! Is Montreux Rue de la Gare safe and clean???
      airbnb.co.uk/rooms/2194573?c...

5 Answers Feb 17, 2014 at 12:49 PM
    • excitablesm's Profile Photo

Chillon castle- bus?

by excitablesm Online Now Jun 24, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Do we take the bus to the Chillon Castle?
      Staying at Majestic Suisse Hotel.

5 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    • Elevator from the Train Gare to the Lake

by joanamopa Online Now May 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Hello!
      I would like to know if appart from the scalators conecting the gare with the lake, is there any elevator? I think somebody said it but I can not find where is the elevator.

Thanks. Regards.

3 Answers May 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM
    • Chillon Castle

by joanamopa Online Now May 10, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Hello!

We are going to stop at Montreux only 2 hours so we can not visit Chillon Castle but we would like to see it at least far away and take some photos. Which is the best place to do it without going up? Is it possible to see it from any place at the quai?

Thanks

2 Answers May 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • Chillon Castle

by joanamopa Online Now May 10, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Hello!

We are going to stop at Montreux only 2 hours so we can not visit Chillon Castle but we would like to see it at least far away and take some photos. Which is the best place to do it without going up? Is it possible to see it from any place at the quai?

Thanks

6 Answers May 15, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    • help on info travelling from montreux to fiesch

by Matt_F Online Now Apr 3, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Hi

me and my girlfriend are travelling to montreux next month and we want to go to fiesch and go upto the top of eggishorn. i gather the best way to travel is by train

i have checked sbb train and got a rough idea, but im not 100% on which station in montreux, or the fiesch station to choose as it seems to come up with quite a lot of different choices in the drop down menu

would be very greatful for some help and a rough idea of time we would need to make this trip to and back to montreux in 1 day

thanks

Matt

6 Answers Apr 4, 2012 at 3:51 AM
    • Parking in Montreux

by oiseaux Online Now Feb 20, 2012 at 2:13 PM

In May, I would like to be able to park my small car in a safe area for 3 days and take the train to Gstaad. any ideas?
      Thank you

3 Answers Feb 20, 2012 at 11:51 PM
    • Car Parking facilities at Montreux Rail station

by drum4jj Online Now Jun 28, 2011 at 8:06 PM

We plan to take the Chocolate train and we will drive to Montreux from our Les Diablerest timeshare. Hopefully, there is available parking at the station so we can pick it up on our return later that day ????

Thanks for any help.

4 Answers Jun 29, 2011 at 3:02 PM
    • mkvalya's Profile Photo

where is Freddie Mercury's lake house in Montreux ?

by mkvalya Online Now Oct 17, 2010 at 12:57 PM

where is it exactly? Which is the address?
      is in clearens ? where?
      thanks!

Ps. I mean this house: montreuxmusic.com/galerie/al...

2 Answers Oct 18, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    • travelmad478's Profile Photo

Bus service from Geneva airport to Montreux?

by travelmad478 Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 10:15 AM

My Google skills appear to me failing me right now :-(

Mr. travelmad478 needs to get from Geneva aiport to Montreux (specifically, the Fairmount hotel). He will be flying into GVA around 7 PM, then heading to Montreux. I know it's possible to do this trip by train, but is there a bus also? The train is on the pricey side for him, and the bus would be cheaper.

He did find one bus service a few weeks ago but needs to check on the schedule, and now we can't find it again! I came up with the Gare-Routier de Geneve website, but I don't see Montreux listed as a destination (that website is not very user-friendly). Thanks for your help!

6 Answers Sep 27, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    • STAIRS TO GLION

by concielo Online Now Aug 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM

I wonder if there is a stair to climb up to Glion, instead of going by train, as I remember I did 50 years ago and should like to repeat. In that time, when we arrived to Glion, I saw the biggest pan I ever saw, where there were cooking milk (?) to make cheese...

1 Answer Aug 13, 2009 at 5:02 PM
    • romalot's Profile Photo

montreux to leysin

by romalot Online Now Jul 25, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Hello, has anyone been to the kuklos revolving mountain restaurantin Leysin, if so can you tell me how much the cable car would be to get to it.
      Thank you for any help
      Pat

• MONTREUX IN JUNE

by gabrielh1 Online Now Jan 17, 2008 at 2:07 AM

I WILL VISIT MONTREUX NEXT JUNE STAYING FOR A WEEK IN THE HOTEL RENE CAPT ,FIRIT TIME IN SWITZERLAND AND I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT ABOUT TOURS ,DAYTRIPS, ECT,WHICH ARE THE BEST ONES TO GO ON AND THE BEST TRIP TO FRANCE.
      ANY TIPS OR INFO WOULD BE GREAT.
      THANKS IN ADVANCE

1 Answer Jan 17, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    • nicecharacter's Profile Photo

1 day in Montreux

by nicecharacter Online Now Jul 5, 2007 at 11:25 PM

Dear friends,

I've been wishing to take my family with me somewhere to nice country for such a long time, but there were just quick business trips. It's really so rare when we have a chance to have a good rest somewhere together. Now we have a chance to go to Switzerland for 5 days, spending 4 of them in Verbier and possibly one in Montreux. As to Verbier - the program is ok, but 1 day in Montreux is my own initiative. We'll be in 3 - me, my wife and 6 years old daughter. We just want to have a beutiful day there. Could someone recommend a good but not very expensive hotel (up to 250-300 CHF) and things to do and to see (we were thinking about Chillion, boat trip along the Lake, possibly going to Lousanne).
      I would be very obliget to you all for any piece of advice!

11 Answers May 11, 2009 at 10:58 PM
    • christina_25's Profile Photo

hotel schools.

by christina_25 Online Now Dec 6, 2006 at 9:08 AM

hello everybody!
      can anyone help me with some details on the hotel schools in Montreux?
      any students from HIM or SHMS here ? anyone knows something about these schools? it would be great if i could find a person that is a student in a hotel school.
      thank you
      Christina

3 Answers Dec 12, 2006 at 12:50 PM

Weather

by romalot Online Now Aug 27, 2006 at 10:45 AM

i will be arriving in Montreux on Friday 1st sept could any-one tell me what the weather is like, i think it may be raining.

3 Answers Aug 31, 2006 at 2:10 AM
    • DerekFaller's Profile Photo

Baggage storage in Montreux

by DerekFaller Online Now Jul 18, 2006 at 6:38 PM

I am coming to Switzerland to do some bike touring around Switzerland for about a week, then heading over to Chamonix area. Does anyone know of somewhere around Montreux where I can store some baggage for about a week, and then pick it up when I loop back around to go to France?

Freddy Mercury

by romalot Online Now Jul 1, 2006 at 2:56 PM

i will be going to Montreux in September, and looking forward to being at the Freddy Mercury memorial tribute which is on 1st and 2nd Sept, just wanted to know if anyone has been to any of the other tributes, is it all happening around the statue.

1 Answer Jul 1, 2006 at 3:24 PM
    • Internet Provider

by Hamor Online Now Jun 20, 2006 at 9:32 AM

I'm planning to visit Montreux this summer. Accommodation doesn't have a phone line. I will be staying 4 weeks.
      Any suggestions on what is the best way to use my notebook to connect to the internet?? One option is via swisscom mobile subscription. Would that be too expensive?

1 Answer Jun 20, 2006 at 11:54 AM
    • Find a hotel at montreux

by cherrysin Online Now May 30, 2006 at 7:34 PM

Hi all
      Does anyone can recommend me a good budget hotel to me, please.
      Or any feedback on the following hotels. Greatly appreciate it.
      Hotel Villa Toscane
      Hostellerie Bon-Rivage
      Hotel Baslertor

• 6TRAVAL06's Profile Photo

Pensions accommodation in Montreux, Switserland

by 6TRAVAL06 Online Now May 17, 2006 at 2:36 AM

Is any traveller aware of relatively cheap accommodation in Montreux over the period 8 July to 14 July. I am looking for accommodation for a couple.

1 Answer May 17, 2006 at 6:21 AM
    • Moving to Montreux

by PatriciaJW Online Now Jul 14, 2005 at 5:43 AM

Will be moving to Montreux end of August and was wondering if any of the locals knew of a reliable and inexpensive mover? As I work in Geneva will need to find a parking space (resonably priced) in the center of town? Also will need to refurbish my kitchen and bathroom - if you have any info please write me.
      Thanks

• Budget accomodation in Montreux

by ukgirl24 Online Now Sep 30, 2004 at 9:33 AM

Hi.. me again My boyfriend has "99%" got the job, however we need to pop over there for a cou[ple of days.. just so he can have his final interview. However we wanted to know where we could have a lovely view of Montreux but for no more than £80.00 a night.....? Is this possible? We are willing to pay but obviously if theres no need, then we'd like to save the cash. Thanks again Carly x

• What to wear ??

by ukgirl24 Online Now Sep 29, 2004 at 3:51 AM

Hi Im coming over to Montreux in the next week or so as my boyfriend is getting a job over there! However im not sure what people are wearing day to day, come night?? Is is HUGE coats wth smart suits or jeans and jumpers?? I know It sounds very "unimportant" but as most girls know its VERY important :o) plus which streets are the places to go, for food and clothing...? Thanks in advance! x

2 Answers Sep 29, 2004 at 7:18 AM
    • mcbb's Profile Photo

montreux

by mcbb Online Now Jun 25, 2004 at 12:06 AM

unfortunately, my friend backed out of our trip to montreux at the last moment. however, i am still determined to go and have a good time.. i will arrive july 12 -15. however, i am a little apprehensive about going to a foreign country without command of the language as a single person..any tips or suggestions anyone can share on having a good time in montreux as a single?? merci don

4 Answers Jun 30, 2004 at 3:55 AM
    • Special "panoramic" trains

by nilesh_modi Online Now Aug 6, 2003 at 2:40 AM

Hello everybody, I have heard that there are some special trains which take you through some breathtaking panoramic mountains, and places, can you please tell me from where near Montreux, these types of trains can be found ? and to where? Any comment on fares will also be highly welcomed. Thanks, Nilesh.

4 Answers Aug 18, 2003 at 11:53 AM
    • Switzerland in august

by nilesh_modi Online Now Jul 28, 2003 at 5:02 PM

Hello all, I will be travelling to Chateau d’Oex on 16th or 17th august. I have flight from Barcelona to Geneva. Please let me know the cheapest and practical way to get to Chateau d’Oex. Also, I have 7 days to travel. so, please let me know which other places near Chateau d’Oex can I visit ? Please give me some estimations about the prices of trains. Thanks, Nilesh.

4 Answers Aug 4, 2003 at 7:41 AM
    • msydney's Profile Photo

Chateaux de Chillon

by msydney Online Now Jul 1, 2003 at 4:01 AM

Does anyone know how to easily get to Chillon from Montreux?

6 Answers Jul 3, 2003 at 2:57 AM