Travel Answers
Montreal

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Club Soda in safe area? (St Laurent/St Catherine St area)

by dredarin Online Now Mar 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to a concert at Club Soda when I visit Montreal in the fall, is this venue in a safe area to be walking at night? It's near Saint-Laurent Boul & St Catherine Street, I heard this area mentioned as a bit of a red-light district in some of the warnings. I'm planning on staying about a 10-15 minutes walk from the club, is there any direction from this club that is better/worse to be walking through late at night?

Thanks, G

more
    • Club Soda in safe area? (St Laurent/St Catherine St area)

by dredarin Online Now Mar 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to a concert at Club Soda when I visit Montreal in the fall, is this venue in a safe area to be walking at night? It's near Saint-Laurent Boul & St Catherine Street, I heard this area mentioned as a bit of a red-light district in some of the warnings. I'm planning on staying about a 10-15 minutes walk from the club, is there any direction from this club that is better/worse to be walking through late at night?

Thanks, G

3 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 9:17 PM
    • street parking

by petercai Online Now Dec 2, 2013 at 6:02 PM

At December, do we still have to respect the parking laws along the street which face my home?

2 Answers Dec 2, 2013 at 10:54 PM
    • Curiosity Shop? Macabre, Bizarre

by sabrinajo Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I'm looking for a curiosity shop in Montreal. A place that might have skulls, pinned insects, strange old medical equipment, bizarre objects, weird sculptures, old books, artifacts etc. I have an uncle who's a collector from Hong Kong, he is dying to see Montreal's dark side. If you have any shop names or addresses please let me know!

2 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • WHERE CAN WE FIND ACCOMMODATIONS FOR TWO NIGHTS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE OF NOTRE DAME

by HaTheHat Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM

We are looking for accommodations for a two or three night stay in Montreal where we can leave our car and walk throughout the area of Old

2 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 9:20 PM
    • Walking around outside in December

by beccappa Online Now Sep 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Hi, we are planning to visit Montreal in December - we are from Australia so have NO idea of how the cold will feel - and we were wondering if we would be able to walk around outside for long periods of time. We have gone online and bought coats and snow boots, however, we are still concerned about walking outside as a main way of sightseeing. Should we make alternate plans, subway, taxi and such?

10 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    • Cote-des-Neiges area

by Duffmeista Online Now Sep 6, 2013 at 5:00 AM

Hi,

I'm coming to Montreal for a year to work (I'll be based at UdeM). I was thinking of getting an apartment in the Cote-des-neiges district (close to the university). I've heard mixed things about this area.

How nice/safe is the area around Avenue Lennox and what about the area around the Cote-des-Neiges metro station?

Thanks!

5 Answers Sep 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM
    • adapter needed?

by kevala5 Online Now Sep 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM

travellng from us to montreal....will i need an electrical adapter for my digital cam and phone recharger and hairdryer?

6 Answers Sep 3, 2013 at 10:56 PM
    • Train/Bus from Montreal to Boston?

by bjoh Online Now Aug 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Is there train (or bus) service from Montreal to Boston? Website?

5 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 7:47 PM
    • Considering visiting Montreal next year.

by Evolved1978 Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Hi there. Im an Australian traveling to the US next year but I have always wanted to visit Canada. I have been told Montreal is the place to be. I want to see the sights and meet some people while I am there. I have looking at accommodation but i know where to stay and i dont want to be to far from town. Can anyone recommend a hot spot for me?

8 Answers Aug 13, 2013 at 7:27 AM
    • goingplaces2's Profile Photo

Nelligan Hotel vs Le Square Phillips

by goingplaces2 Online Now Aug 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Our plans to Montreal have changed. There are now only three of us (2 adults and one teenager) traveling. Despite my secret desire to stay at Hotel Nelligan, I booked a suite at Le Square Phillips because of it's excellent reviews and spacious rooms. Since I now have the option of changing hotels, which one is best? Thanks in advance for your responses.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    • holiday inn express

by gmarecek Online Now Aug 3, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Has anyone stayed at the holiday inn express at old montreal.
      Does it include complimentary breakfast

2 Answers Aug 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM
    • parking in montreal

by sbeddows Online Now Jul 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM

I am staying at hotel du fort-is there any cheap parking close by? (rather than paying 25 dollars a day there)

2 Answers Jul 31, 2013 at 9:26 AM
    • Prepaid service with data plan

by artybug Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 6:25 AM

Hello, I'll be visiting Montreal for 1 week and traveling to Prince Edward Island for another. I know there are a few options when it comes to prepaid services, but I was wondering if anyone would have a recommendation. I need a prepaid sim card with a service that would allow me to make and receive calls, send and receive texts and have some data option for things like google maps, etc. Any recommendations? Thanks.

• goingplaces2's Profile Photo

Parking

by goingplaces2 Online Now Jul 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

We're planning to stay at the Le Square Phillips hotel but dread their $25.00 ($22.00 plus tax) parking fee. Is there alternative parking nearby that's less expensive yet safe? Thanks in advance for all responses.

3 Answers Jul 25, 2013 at 3:57 PM
    • Senior transit fare

by erconger Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Are tourists over the age of 65 eligible to pay senior fares on the STM in Montreal

3 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 7:13 PM
    • Midweek bars for an over 35 / 40 crowd?

by socheid Online Now Jun 16, 2013 at 4:33 AM

Bonjour,

In a couple of days time I will be hoovering into Montreal for a few days. Does anyone have any suggestions on bars where there's not a bad sized crowd midweek and the clientelle is of a more mature age group?

Any help much appreciated.

3 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 8:59 AM
    • PansyK's Profile Photo

Montreal to New Brunswick

by PansyK Online Now May 31, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Me and my friends are planning a four day road trip to New Brunswick from Montreal.

This will be our first visit to the province. We were wondering what city(ies) should we visit. (We are not planning to party late night, outdoor activities will be our preference).

Given that we are all students, budget is also our consideration ($500 per person)

Also, is it better to drive from Montreal or shall we take train/bus?

Thanks!

3 Answers Jun 6, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    • Ideas for long weekend with 17 year old son in Montreal

by Dainell Online Now May 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM

I'm thinking of driving up to Montreal for a few days with my 17 year old son. I'm looking for suggestions on where to stay and what to see. My budget is very tight, so I need to make this as cheap as possible.

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 4:46 AM
    • First time trip to Montreal for seniors (late 60's)

by doc1235 Online Now May 27, 2013 at 11:37 AM

We're thinking of taking a trip to Montreal during the first week of September. We'll be flying in and won't have a car. Unfortunately, our ability to navigate steps, hills, and long walks will be somewhat limited. Do you have any suggestions about where to stay (up to $225 per night), as well as what attractions to see, including organized city and water tours?

Doc

2 Answers May 30, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    • Restaurant in Old Montreal

by TonyBridger Online Now May 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM

What is a good restaurant in Old Montreal ?

2 Answers May 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    • Customs duty information for tourist

by Rcb1963 Online Now Apr 30, 2013 at 7:17 AM

My wife is travelling to Halifax, NS to meet my daughters studying there. She is travelling on a tourist visa. She carries two laptops with her for my daughters. What will be the total tax and duty liability at the airport in percentage terms? Please guide.

7 Answers May 1, 2013 at 2:08 PM
    • edblackwood's Profile Photo

public transportation from train station

by edblackwood Online Now Apr 26, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I am arriving by train from New York. How do arrive at 623 Prince Arthur St. W

4 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    • hotel or apartment

by kdistler Online Now Apr 5, 2013 at 5:10 AM

Traveling to Montreal next weekend (april) and considering staying at either Le St Sulptice hotel in Old Montreal (dog friendly) or an apartment at Amherst/St Catherine. Would like to walk the city with dog and be near restaurants/cafes/shops. Need a park/green space for dog nearby also. Hoping April is even decent walking weather up there. First time to Montreal so would appreciate any ideas/suggestions. :)

1 Answer Apr 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM
    • What is the Best Hotel on St Catherines street to stay ?

by NBFineArtist Online Now Mar 28, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Going to Montreal in July or August , like to be close to Gay village .
      Thanks

4 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • Extended Stay Hotel- Safe area

by meflowc Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Our first time in Canada and we - 2 adults- need extended stay lodging for the month of June.The hotel needs to be near the Ballet Divertimento School and Choregraphic Center- 3505 rue Durocher(corner of Milton), Montreal. Public transportation needs to be accessible..

3 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    • Hotels

by FJNLSA11 Online Now Mar 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

I am looking to visit Montreal in the spring 2013. Can anyone recommend any newer hotels in downtown Montreal. I don't need anything too fancy, I just prefer new. Thanks for any feedback.

2 Answers Mar 27, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    • Yumipyon's Profile Photo

Whats the best way to get to Holiday Inn Midtown from the airport?

by Yumipyon Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Hi, I am going to Montreal soon and staying at Holiday Inn Midtown. Does anyone know what is the best way to get there from the airport?? This is my first time to visit Canada. Sooooo excited!!

5 Answers Mar 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM
    • Montreal to mont tremblant

by itsmetania Online Now Mar 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM

is the drive from montreal to mont tremblant an easy one or does it involve up-down hill or bends or curves?

2 Answers Mar 20, 2013 at 5:17 AM
    • Hotel vs. Apartment

by nino224 Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Need to book 4 nights in Montreal for later this month. So many mixed reviews for the hotels I'm looking at that I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off renting a private apartment or studio. Same price, and they look a lot nicer.

3 Answers Mar 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    • Grand Tour

by nino224 Online Now Feb 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Whenever I'm in a new city the first thing I like to do is take a comprehensive guided tour by bus. I find it's the best way to get a lay of the land and it serves as a good starting point for further exploration.

Any recommendations in Montreal?