Montreal Travel Answers

change location

What else is there in Olympic Village?

by usmaya Online Now Jun 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I'm single girl and travelling to Montreal via Packaged Tour. As part of package we can opt to go up the OlympicTower and Biodome.

However, I am not intrested going up the Olympic Tower(Frighten of heights)or entering Biodome(allergic to frogs). Are Biodome and Olympic Tower in the same building?

Is there anything else I can do in/near Olympic Tower & Biodome to pass 2hours?

Hoping I dont have to spend my time outside the structures when all the visitors are inside :(

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • GrumpyDiver's Profile Photo

Re: What else is there in Olympic Village?

by GrumpyDiver Online Now Jun 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM

They are two different buildings, but quite close to each other. I actually like the Biodome, as it is really full of small animals, not just reptiles, shown in their native settings. It's really quite compact.

Both structures were part of the 1976 Montreal Olympic installations. The tower overlooks the stadium and the Biodome used to be the cycling Velodrome. I vaguely remember an Insectarium nearby too. There is certainly nothing to stop you from wandering around the site, but I really don't know what else is worth visiting.

I haven't been there in about 3 years, so can't give you a lot of details. We were there specifically to see the Biodome.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • virtualpatrick's Profile Photo

by virtualpatrick Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I would opt to stay and explore the Latin Quarter and Old Montreal areas and meet up with the group a few hours later.

• Re: What else is there in Olympic Village?

by usmaya Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Thanks for the replies.
    Wanted to know if I can roam around the Olympic village without any entrance fees. I was hoping if there a mall inside one of the buildings?

• Jefie's Profile Photo

by Jefie Online Now Jun 20, 2011 at 7:02 AM

The Montreal Botanical Garden is located just across the street from the Biodome, you could easily spend a couple hours there. There's also a movie theatre, but I doubt you'd have time to catch a movie if you're traveling with a group... other than that, there really isn't much to do in the area.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines