Montreal Travel Answers

change location

Free guide/activity partner in Montreal (ENG-FRE-SPA)

by VivianePB Online Now May 4, 2008 at 2:26 PM

Hey all from Montreal. I'm a 30-something who's just come back home this weekend from a 2-week trip to Argentina and Uruguay and I will still be on vacation during the following week. During my trip, I was hoping to get together with some locals to know more about their culture and "live like a local," get off the beaten track, perhaps even enjoy a family meal (a Sunday asado/parillada for instance) and practice my Spanish and/or help out with English and French, but unfortunately things didn't turn out that way and I finally returned to Montreal earlier than expected. So I figured perhaps some tourists to my own city might appreciate a similar "get to know the locals" experience. I'll be available every day 'til Sunday May 11th if you want to hang out. Here are a few activities we could do: nature hike on a mountain in the Montreal suburb of St-Hilaire (mountaintop offers a great view of Montreal), go swimming at a municipal water park at the northeastern tip of Montreal island, walk on Mount Royal, visit the ethnic neighborhoods (Chinese, Italian, Arabic, Jewish, etc.) or whatever active non-consumerist activity you might be interested in. You can contact me at vivianepb_@hotmail.com. Later.

Viviane

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines