Montreal Travel Answers

change location
Yumipyon's Profile Photo

Whats the best way to get to Holiday Inn Midtown from the airport?

by Yumipyon Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Hi, I am going to Montreal soon and staying at Holiday Inn Midtown. Does anyone know what is the best way to get there from the airport?? This is my first time to visit Canada. Sooooo excited!!

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • Jefie's Profile Photo

Re: Whats the best way to get to Holiday Inn Midtown from the airport?

by Jefie Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Hi! The best way would be to take a taxi ($40 fixed rate). The cheapest way would be to take the 747 bus ($9). It runs on Rene-Levesque blvd. so you'll have to walk a bit (about 10 min) to get to your hotel but if you don't have too much luggage it should be OK. Ask the driver which stop is closest to your hotel. Have fun in Montreal!

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • RedDolphin's Profile Photo

by RedDolphin Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 5:56 AM

More info on the 747 bus ---> stm.info/english/info/a-747...., which is how I usually get from the airport when I dont have a ton of luggage.

1 member found this helpful

• alza's Profile Photo

by alza Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Hi Yumipyon,

Both answers above are very useful, even for me... a Montrealer! I always take a cab from Airport to where I live because it's CDN$26 and I like to arrive at my front door.

CDN$40 fixed rate from Airport to Holiday Inn Midtown on Sherbrooke Street = $46NZD. If you're arriving from New Zealand, or other long trip, you might want to consider that option.

A note about the 747 bus: The link provided by RedDolphin is very useful to check bus route and all stops along the way. Click to check out route, your closest stop would be No 7.

(Inform the driver as you board the bus that you wish to stop at the Jeanne-Mance St. stop.)
    If you choose to walk the 10 minutes or so, I suggest the following way to reach your hotel:

You'll get off Bus 747 at Jeanne-Mance St., on SOUTH side of René-Lévesque Blvd.
    Cross René-Lévesque, going NORTH
    Turn left on René-Lévesque and walk to Parc Avenue
    Turn right on Parc Avenue and walk up to Sherbrooke St. Ouest
    Turn left on Sherbrooke St. Ouest
    Your hotel is between the next two streets after Parc, i.e., Hutchison St and Durocher St.

Have a good trip to Canada! Don't hesitate to ask for further info while you're here.

1 member found this helpful

• Yumipyon's Profile Photo

by Yumipyon Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Thanks everyone!! So nice of you to give me great advice!!

Since I have a big bag with me ( my 14 yr old son!), I decided to take a taxi...

Thanks, alza for finding out how much in NZ $ as well!!

Bisousxxx

Be the first to rate this answer!

• la-lola's Profile Photo

by la-lola Online Now Mar 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

good luck in montreal.. you´re going to love it.... most of the times, metro and bus will take you to your destination. it´s also good to walk there... have fun!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines