Montpellier

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Launching a rib boat

Canet-Plage Mar 26, 2014 at 9:06 AM

We have just bought a property near ile sur tete and Perpignan and wanted to know of any nearby places on the coast we could launch our little rib boat. It is one like the lifeboats . About 3m long . Motor and seats 4 people. Any recommendations ?

more
    • Currency Exchange

Carcassonne Mar 26, 2014 at 8:50 AM

Where is it best to exchange currency for the best rates-in the US or in France?

more
    • vecation in 13/08/2014 until 20/08/2014

Le Cap d'Agde Mar 23, 2014 at 2:47 AM

Hello everyone,

we are a couple good looking aged 39/43 on vacation at Cap D'agde between the dates 13/08/2014- 20/08/2014

we advocacy at Héliopolis part "D" apartment of two rooms with two beds draws, looking to share apartment with another couple share the cost of the apartment. Be happy to receive the response
      Thank you and a pleasant vacation for everyone.

our mail : bravid@yes.co.il

more
    • Beziers to Paris

Béziers Apr 4, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Hi, we are planning to take four nights to travel in a rental car from Beziers to Paris during the second week in May. Can anyone please recommend places of interest en route? There will be five adults - we all enjoy medieval architecture and photography, but open to ideas. Any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated, many thanks!

more
    • Parking in Montpellier

by Fatcockney Online Now Feb 25, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Anyone parked a car in the centre of Montpellier? We are staying right on Comedie and have hired a car so we can go to the usual other towns during the day. I know they havce Yellow and Orange on-street parking and wondered if it was free between the hours of 18:00 to 09:00??

5 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    • french teacher

by patricke2013 Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

visiting montpellier in July or August 2014, need a french teacher for my kids.

9 Answers Dec 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    • Budget accommodation

by Krystafal Online Now Oct 1, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Hello. I'd like to ask you guys for an advice on accommodation in Montpellier. I am looking for the cheapest place, really. I do not mind shared bathroom, bad neighbourhood or even shared room. Price is what matters to me. Under 20 Euros per night preferably.

3 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 6:52 AM
    • jcc41's Profile Photo

Station left luggage

by jcc41 Online Now Jun 2, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Is there a left luggage office at Montpellier railway station, please?

10 Answers Jul 3, 2013 at 5:08 AM
    • Where and when are the Brocantes in May?

by JaneNeville Online Now Apr 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Are there any flea markets or brocantes in Montpellier in May alternatively any recommendations of good shops for antiques and bric a brac?
      Many thanks!!

5 Answers May 8, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    • Where can I buy a new suitcase in Montpellier Centre?

by gycmw Online Now Apr 6, 2013 at 1:38 AM

An un-named budget airline somehow managed to destroy my very sturdy suitcase (it no longer has wheels or handles!) one the journey here and I would like to buy a new suitcase for my return journey.

This is neccessary as I am on crutches so I need a suitcase I can wheel around, and can claim the cost on my company expenses if I buy it here (this is a work-trip).

Answer needed ASAP as I leave soon!

Many thanks in advance.

8 Answers Apr 6, 2013 at 6:36 PM
    • How to get to Montpellier from Venice

by msg1993 Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Hi I am flying from Venice to Toulouse direct then catching the train to Mont Pellier. Is there a better way I just want to get to Mont Pellier and am coming from Venice??

7 Answers Mar 11, 2013 at 12:15 PM
    • CarolC37's Profile Photo

safety

by CarolC37 Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 3:08 PM

How safe is it for young student girls to live in 34070, montpellier? not too far from celleneuve tram stop? Are there gangs in the area and are girls safe to go out at night?

5 Answers Sep 15, 2012 at 1:23 PM
    • Theresia66's Profile Photo

Travel from Montpellier to Avignon

by Theresia66 Online Now Sep 14, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Hello dear VT members,
      On Sunday the 23rd I will arrive at 20.20 hrs at Montpellier airport,then I need to travel to Avignon. I prefer to travel same evening to Avignon.I have following questions:
      1)Is there a trainstation at Montpellier airport, or do I need to travel by tramway or bus to a trainstation in Montpellier
      2)If traveling by train, is it better to book tickets on internet
      3)Is it safe for a woman to travel late in evening by train to Avignon, as I heard that it is unsafe to travel by train alone late in evening
      4)Are there taxis available at the train station in Avignon
      Your reply will so much appreciated.
      Cheers,
      Theresia

Read more: World Travel Forum

9 Answers Sep 18, 2012 at 11:45 AM
    • Elweb's Profile Photo

Booking online impossible

by Elweb Online Now Jul 14, 2012 at 5:07 AM

Me and my wonderful, sexier half, plan to stay for a couple of days in Montpellier, starting 30 july 2012, in the middle of the night. We've already searched the internet, off course, and found some nice hotels, but there are some problems. Since neither one of us trust the banks, we don't keep money there, so we lack credit cards, making impossible the booking of rooms... So, my question is: does any of you visited Montpellier and managed to stay anywhere OTHER than hotels? Or at least, knows a hotel that doesn't require credit card on booking online? And, for sure: any VT members living there, or visiting in the same period wants to share a few minutes, just for a photo? :D We don't bite!

5 Answers Jul 20, 2012 at 11:46 AM
    • Montpellier airport to SupAgro 2 place Pierre VIALA

by shjap Online Now May 23, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hi,

I would like to know, what is the cheapest way (apart from taking a walk:))to get from the Montpellier airport to the 2,place Pierre Viala and then to 205 rue Croix de Las Cazes.
      Also, is it permitted to stay at the airport overnight, as my plane would most probably land by the midnight (though haven't booked a flight so far) and on the next day early in the morning I must come at secretary’s office at the student residence - 205 rue Croix de Las Cazes to register. I'm reluctant to pay some extra money booking a hotel to stay there just for a few night hours.

On this forum I've been advised to find a taxi company, as the SupAgro is about 75km away. It can't be that far, perhaps 7,5 km were meant? Google map on Taxi-finder.com shows that the distance from the airport to 205 Rue Croix de las Cazes is aprox.12,8 km. Is that true? and are there any coaches or trams running that direction from the airport?

By the way, is Les Hameaux residence and 'Cité des Elèves' situated at rue Croix de Las Cazes, a safe place to live?(I mean this urban district).

4 Answers May 24, 2012 at 4:52 AM
    • From the airport to Lecole Nationale SupAgro.

by shjap Online Now May 22, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Roughly how much a taxi does charge to get from the Montpellier airport to Lecole Nationale Supagro? or are there any cheaper and convenient ways to reach the destination place, taking into account that I will be carrying a pretty bulky luggage with me. Also I would like to know if there are any budget hotels within the airport to stay overnight, in case my flight arrives at night.
      Thank you in advance.

3 Answers May 23, 2012 at 10:25 AM
    • Montpellier transport

by rebecca_d Online Now Mar 26, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Hey, I am travelling to Marseille on Monday. My flight lands in Montpellier. Is there a quick an easy way to get from Montpellier airport into town to the train station where I can then catch the train to Marseille?

Thank You!

5 Answers Mar 26, 2012 at 6:47 AM
    • Most economical way of travelling by public transport in and around Montpellier

by ezekialscotland Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Hi Montpellier Experts!

We're spending just over a week in Montpellier in April and plan to travel around the area using public transport, as I understand the public transport system is very good.

Does anyone know the best kind of ticket to get for this? Is there something like a 7 day pass allowing unlimited travel and if so how much of the Montpellier/Herault area does it cover?

Thanks!

7 Answers Mar 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    • Montpellier Airport to Uzes

by jjsau2 Online Now Jan 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Hi, I am flying into Montpellier on a Friday and need to find the quickest and cheapest way to get to the town of Uzes. Does anyone know a good option? Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 23, 2012 at 6:39 AM
    • Travel between Marsailles and Pezenas

by Canuckwithkids Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I am trying to work out the best way to get a family of 4 from Marseille Aiport to Pezenas. Ideally I don't want to rent a car. I've found a number of different train schedules, but can't tell which is actually current. I'd like to know if it is possible to arrive in Marseille at 10:30 am and get to Pezenas by train/bus combination. We are not arriving until May. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 4:39 AM
    • Traveling from San Diego to Montpellier

by paolandia Online Now Dec 19, 2011 at 8:55 PM

Hi, Does anyone know wich is the best route or way to travel from San Diego, CA to Montpellier.
      Thanks!

6 Answers Dec 20, 2011 at 9:29 PM
    • Barcelona to Montpellier - Train?

by Seashell59613 Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Hello new friends, that I haven't met yet! I am traveling from Barcelona to Montpellier in October - October 15th to be exact. Can someone out there please tell me which train I need to take? Is there a website I need to review? All suggestions are welcome! Thank you sooo much!

Sheryl from San Diego, California

4 Answers Sep 22, 2011 at 9:48 AM
    • Clothing?

by fishmuffins Online Now Jun 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Hi everyone, would like to know if wearing shorts is considered appropriate clothing in Montpellier? I know in neighbouring Spain, people tend to be more conservative about dress and therefore jeans/skirts/dresses are much preferred. Can anyone help me out here please?

3 Answers Jun 19, 2011 at 5:13 PM
    • Weather in Montpellier?

by fishmuffins Online Now Apr 21, 2011 at 9:36 AM

Hi everyone,

I'll be travelling to Montpellier in late June/early July and I'd like to know what sort of weather I should expect. Is it T-shirt and shorts weather, or should I bring some warm clothes?

5 Answers Apr 26, 2011 at 3:26 AM
    • dobz's Profile Photo

Airport to station?

by dobz Online Now Apr 4, 2011 at 10:49 PM

Apart from an expensive taxi, what is a good and inexpensive way to get from the airport to the station in Montpellier?

1 Answer Apr 5, 2011 at 2:02 AM
    • Waxing places in Montpellier

by lisacoppini Online Now Nov 9, 2010 at 6:35 AM

Does anyone recommend a waxing/beauty salon in Montpellier centre? First time waxer and do not want anything to go wrong!?

Many thanks

Lisa

3 Answers Nov 9, 2010 at 11:44 PM
    • antique shopping

by hassanbassiouni Online Now Nov 1, 2010 at 2:04 AM

where can ishop for antiques in montpellier? is therea flea market with good bargains? please help. thank you

• wanderer29's Profile Photo

Reaching Montpellier from Nice

by wanderer29 Online Now Aug 27, 2010 at 5:17 AM

Hi all,

We are a group of 4 exchange students reaching Nice on the 6th of September at 4:15PM from India. We need to reach Montpellier on the same day as our classes begin on the 7th. we searched online but can't seem to find a train to Montpellier from Nice after 4:28PM. Any advice on how to reach Montpellier would be much appreciated. We looked for alternative routes and can only think of taking a train to Avignon and from there trying to make our way to Montpellier. Is this advisable? Also, are there any buses that ply from Avignon to Montpellier at night (since there don't seem to be any trains available) or should we take taxis? Lastly, how much is this going to cost us (even approximations would do just fine)?

Thanks in advance. Any help would really help us out.

17 Answers Aug 30, 2010 at 11:21 PM
    • Transport from Montpellier to Pezenas

by deltec Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 4:28 AM

I am arriving in Montpellier airport on a sunday and need to get to Pezenas without hiring a car. Is there a bus or how much would a taxi cost?

Thanks

1 Answer Jul 27, 2010 at 7:50 AM
    • Jenll88's Profile Photo

Montpellier as a base to visit Provence?

by Jenll88 Online Now Jul 23, 2010 at 8:28 AM

Hi all, I am planning to visit Provence in December from 16 for about 9 days. thinking of making Montpellier my base. hope can help me pls with a few queries:
      1. which airlines fly into Montpellier from Paris? i am coming in from Asia via Paris.
      2. Heard MOntpeillier is a student town> Is it iteresting as a base? will it be shutdown as in dead town in Dec? or still fairly lively with shops etc still open for Chirstmaas season?
      3. Is it easy to travel to other citites like Aix, Avignon, orange roussillion with frquent train times in Dec?
      4. Lastly shld I book the train tix on TVG trains?
      Will greatly appreciate any advice you can give as it's first time travleling into south france and will be travelling solo.

6 Answers Jul 26, 2010 at 1:42 AM
    • Taxi from Montpellier to La Carabasse!!

by planningahead Online Now Jul 13, 2010 at 4:50 AM

I am looking to spend a few weeks in the summer at the campsite Carabasse and the flights from my local airport will go to Montpellier airport, I would like to know how much a taxi would be from the airport to the campsite????
      I would rather not hire a car but wonder if it might work out cheaper...can anyone help??

3 Answers Jul 13, 2010 at 5:58 AM
    • Millau and Carcasonne

by AussieScho Online Now Jun 28, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Is it possible to visit Millau from Montpellier on a Saturday or Sunday (next May) using public transport? How long would it take?

Is it feasible to take a train from Montpellier to Toulouse and stop off to see Carcasonne on the way? Is there anywhere we could leave our luggage for a few hours while we explore Carcasonne?

4 Answers Jun 29, 2010 at 8:36 PM
    • Trying to make a decision

by mejor_amigas Online Now Jun 8, 2010 at 2:37 PM

My sister and I will be traveling to the South of France via train from Barcelona. Our original plan was to take the train to Nice and stay a week before traveling to Italy, but since there are no direct routes we have the option of stopping in Montpellier or Marseille. It got us thinking.. maybe it would be better to stay in Marseille or even Montpellier? We are young, love the nightlife, shopping, good wine and food. We also want to be close to the beach. We are having a really hard time deciding what city to stay in. Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences between Marseille, Montpellier or Nice??? Or what City would best suit or desires???

Thanks!

• Getting from train station to university housing

by seppy Online Now Jun 4, 2010 at 10:17 AM

We don't have an address yet, but when my son arrives by train from Paris to Montpelier, what is the best way for him to get to his university housing?
      Thanks for any help you can give.

1 Answer Jun 6, 2010 at 1:29 AM